Tournaments may need re-thinking?

Tuesday 06/11/2007, 03:35
pouou - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
30 messages
pouou - Master English - Tuesday 06/11/2007, 03:35

Hello im not sure if this is normal. I was in a daily tournament today i was at about 50/700 but the problem was i kept on getting the error thing "this player has not responded to your challenage" 3 times in a row i seen that. So im at 65/700 because no one played 10mins until the game ends also. Now finaly after waiting abit i get into a game but this player is taking his time i must have been in this game for almost 3mins then it says "battle has timed out" so the tournament ends im at 78/700 because i wasnt able to play any games for 10mins!.

Now if the tournaments are like this im not sure if im going to continue playing.
« Previous123Next »

21/30
0-Ambre - Master English
Saturday 08/12/2007, 04:21

Yea that almost happens to everyone ..today playing with "hacer89" he stoped to play after the first round and when the time counter with no more counters he played! with that i down from 23 to 59 after next round same thing..i can only suggest to accelerate this time counter 2 minutes to each round ? i belive no player is so stupid to need that much to play ..

thanks
22/30
mjkl67 - Senior English
Saturday 08/12/2007, 21:22

23/30
Ryzilla - Veteran - U.S. Playaz Organization English
Saturday 15/12/2007, 15:00

I think there should be a tourney face system just like the yellow, green, orange and red faces that show your fair play rating. The tourney face could be that of the average time taken to make a card decision. For instance as each each 1/4 of the clock pie vanishes the color of the clock changes to correspond with the face colors. When the clock starts out it is green and if you alwyas make your play decision before the second pie of time vanishes then your average decision face is yellow, after the fourth time slice (2nd quarter) it is green, agter the 3rd quarter it is orange and when the clock has no pie slices left it is red. You may even just say that if you use more then half the clock it is one color and the other half of the clock is one color. Or three colors only.

There could be different versions of this method but this is what I can think of as of now. I am sure someone could add on to this and make it more operable, user friendly, and match friendly..
24/30
Archit - Hero - Ravens English
Saturday 15/12/2007, 18:34

*agrees*

I have been suspicious in 2 of my games I played that i felt i was targetted, where 6 players in a row wasted as much time as they could on me. Having some sort of action against these would be beneficial. For all those guilds who really do play this low, wish you could win on your own merits! ;p
25/30
Archit - Hero - Ravens English
Saturday 15/12/2007, 18:40

Also, on an additional note. It saddens me when moderators are simply stating this has always happened. I hope more have the mindset of improving this game, and trying to help with ideas not ignore areas that frustrate players.
26/30
PanzerElement - Veteran English
Saturday 15/12/2007, 21:21

Amen.
I went from 3rd to 16th because some guy kept waiting for almost timeout before making a move.
It would be nice if they put in an option that lets you withdraw from a match with whatever points you have at the moment and zero if, and only if the other person is taking too long.
27/30
stjimmy85 - Master English
Friday 21/12/2007, 12:16

I reckon there should be a 'blacklist' where these people who seem to time out an awful lot during tourneys are named and shamed, making it at least possible to avoid them while the clock is ticking.
But something really does need to be done about it. Games are meant to be fun, and these people are going too far too win that they're turning that to frustration for many people, instead. Not only that but if it is a guild colaboration it kinda makes the winner's victory a holow one. Plus what's the point of playing a game if you're not ACTUALY gonna play?
-and breathe- okay, I'm done.
28/30
PanzerElement - Veteran English
Friday 21/12/2007, 22:39

Its not only timing out, I'll often be facing someone who waits till the timer is red before playing. Thats essentially three times as bad as timing out from the beginning, and something should be done to allow players to avoid people who do that. Ryzilla's idea about another face system sounds good.
29/30
Force Majeure - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 22/12/2007, 00:45

I'm sure the Admins and Mods are already doing their best to serve our needs..but we have to understand..changes are made to benefit the majority of the players..the thing with players timing out is not uncommon..it happens a lot..if it only happened to one or two players, then you have the right to be as mad as you can, but keep in mind that it happens to all of us..we just have to accept it and live with it..

@ Stjimmy85..naming players and shaming them is not a good idea..ever..some players time-out accidentally, i.e. computer shut-down due to overheat, black-outs, accidental computer restarts..etc..if that happens to you, you wouldn't want your name in there too right?

Moderators..please close this thread..I see no end to this topic and it will only get worse..

Good games to all..
30/30
TnT_MeRm - Moderator - TRiNiTY English
Saturday 22/12/2007, 05:51

Time-outs are part of the game aswell as the not responded challenges...
but it doesnt really mean that players are trying to slow your battles down or something.....
though, sometimes people are doing it intentionally.. u will know its intentional if your opponent is really waiting for the clock to turn to red before actually chosing a card.. while for the unresponded challenges i'd say that its not really the players fault... maybe they didnt notice that they are challenged because they are busy doing something...

but thats not the game's fault its the players themselves that are making it worst...
so i suggest once you are faced with this kind of things its better to just ignore it and keep your concentration with your battles.. this way you could focus more on your game..

hope that helped..

this topic will definitely get worst if the subject is not answered immediately... hope the post here are enough to answer your questions.. otherwise, if this topic will be closed without answers, im sure it will be asked over and over again in the future...

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals