If you will be making a card on this game, what will it be? 5

Thursday 11/08/2011, 13:31
Six Nations - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
2500 messages
Six Nations - Veteran - Open CasketEnglish - Thursday 11/08/2011, 13:31

Create your own card! Any ideas, just post em!

Originally created by 6SimS-Sven followed by Mr Intelijent then by Edon EG and then by SadisticCynic

To start us off:
Kimi
4*
7/4 -3 opp damage min 1
bio-The third member of the Circle of Assasins, Kimi is a master of acupuncture and can throw a needle faster than you can blink, a quick shot to the jugular and you're dead.
« Previous12...200201202203204205...249250Next »

2021/2500
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 17/12/2012, 00:03

Comparing the three terms, I feel Caution is the most obvious in meaning. There may be some confusion for new players with it and Conf., but overall the term is a great counterpart for Courage. Thinking about Ambush, it sounds to me more like a baton pass term; an ability for using a loss to set up a win, but I think that kind of ability would be too powerful to actually use. A win to gain an extra ability is fine, but a lose to gain an extra ability? That sounds broken. Regardless, in context as 2nd in round ability it still fits, but it's subjective on how it compares to Caution. As for Retaliate, Spikey nailed it.

On the topic of prefix abilities:

Bakwad
5* Leader
7/6
Team: Reverse Prefix

This ability reverses Courage, Conf, and Revenge (and the theoretical Caution/Ambush) prefixes. Courage cards would know have there ability if played second, while Conf and Revenge are switched. Stop and Support (etc) are left alone, as altering their functions would be extremely confusing.
I think this ability is weak enough that letting it affect both players is reasonable. If two Bakwad are present in a fight, they negate each other.

As for Leech and Steal, it doesn't feel necessary to have two separate names for the same basic context. Take from your opponent and give to yourself. From the names alone, I feel that Steal sounds like a one-time event (like Life Drain), while Leech is continuous (like Poison).

Example in next post.
2022/2500
Monday 17/12/2012, 00:25

Melomeer
4* Roots
7/3
Leech 2, Min 2, Max 10
This card will drain two life from your opponent and you gain two after each subsequent round, if and only if your opponent has more than 3 life AND you have less than 9. If your opponent has exactly 3 life (and you have less than 9) OR you have exactly 9 (and they have more than 3), the ability will drain one life from your opponent and give you one life. Otherwise, the effect is negated for that round.

All the advantages of heal and poison, but with all of their disadvantages as well.

Torabis
3* Junkz
7/2
Leech 3, Min 6, Max 14
This guy is for fighting those "Gain Life and DR" decks.

Goldsilver
2* Uppers
6/2
Leech 1, Min 0, Max 6
This is a filler card. The possibility of KOing is nice, but unlikely to come up very often.

I don't think Leech in this context would be a very fair ability for Pillz, as currently only Leaders can have a pill per round effect and, even if your card was used on the first turn, it wouldn't be as useful as a normal pill gain/drain card. That's the key weakness on pill poison/heal/leech, there is no motivation for the abiltiy on any round but the first and second. While life affecting abilities can still alter a match up to the third round.
2023/2500
mahawirasd - Imperator - Immortality English
Monday 17/12/2012, 05:17

Hmm interesting... definitely not for pillz though, would be wayyy too OP... unless it's leech 1 and only for a 5* with average base stats...

Ynub
3* Vortex
7/3
Leech 2, min. 3, max 11
2024/2500
kid the great - Master English
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 04:23

This is an event series that I've been thinking of called "The Legend of the Seven Swordsmen." This would be released with a new ability called Brothers in Arms, which states: "If there is another character with the ability Brothers in Arms, activate clan bonus for this character and the other character, regardless of whether there is another member from their clan or not." The Brothers in Arms ability would also have an extra ability such as a poison or support ability that requires Brothers in Arms to be activated.

Franchesco - Uppers - An adept fencer
Level 1: 3/3
Level 2: 4/4
Level 3: 7/5
Brothers in Arms: Support Power and Damage +2

Dimitri - All Stars - Franchesco's rival
Level 1: 4/4
Level 2: 4/5
Brothers in Arms: Damage +4

Ree Dah - Fang Pi Clang - A master swordsman and the instructor to the other six
Level 1: 2/1
Level 2: 3/3
Level 3: 1/1
Brothers in Arms: Damage and Power = Opp. Damage and Power

Ash Lee - Freaks - Daughter of Ree Dah, Never liked the harshness of his teachings, Learned to be a sword swallower and practiced with flaming swords
Level 1: 3/2
Level 2: 4/4
Brothers in Arms: Backlash: -1 life per every 2 damage inflicted on Opp.

These are just a few of the ideas I have, Message me if you want me to send you my ideas for the rest
Rate me green so UR and other players can see this
2025/2500
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 05:43

Let me see if I understand this.

Franchesco is completely overpowered as a 13/9 + bonus. And at 3 stars? Not even at 5 stars would that be acceptable.

Dimitri is completely overpowered as a 7/9 with -2 Opp Power for 3 stars. Those stats are worth 5 stars.

Ree Dah is worthless, sorry to say. Without another BiA, but with his clan, he's 1/3. Even with his stat mirroring ability, he has nothing to help win. SoA, +/- power, attack cards, they all destroy him.

Ash Lee breaks the idea here. A 7/5 three star Freaks that has no backlash when no other BiA is present? This is the only reasonable card.

I think this idea is cool, a clan that's not a clan, but it's pretty wonky and these cards are terrible examples of it. Also, there's no rating (green or red) on the forums.

I am drawn to that Backlash idea though. Less self-destruction against DR and a higher penalty for Fury.

Carl
5* Bangers
8/6
Backlash: -1 Life per 2 damage, Min 3
A 10/6 that drains your own life by 3 should he win. GSD knows that Bangers want a natural 8 power.
2026/2500
mahawirasd - Imperator - Immortality English
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 08:18

+1 @TDB regarding most of the above. Nevertheless, 7/5 without backlash 3* is OP imho -> should be a 4*.
and even then a 7/5 with that kind of backlash kinda makes poor Sylvia Ld look even more meh...
furthermore, making it "per damage" also makes cthulhu seem even more silly with his -5 life even if his damage got reduced...
nevertheless, it does make things slightly more interesting to some extent.

nice usage on Carl, tho.

Luigi
5* Montana
Unlike his brother, who boxes for sport, Luigi prefers to box for profit. Luigi started out as a plumber before working his way up the ladder and becoming the family's prized fighter. Luigi has no qualms of taking body blows, to him it only ensures that he can also get a hit in.
7/8
Backlash: -1 Life per 2 damage, min. 0
2027/2500
Ekvi - Senior - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 09:16

@ Luigi, i think its a good card but i per 2 damage? Thats a bit much. Montana already have some useless 5*, so maybe make it -1 Life per 2 Damage Min 5 or something just so it wont kill.

Takki
Fang Pi Clang
2*
5/5
Ability: -2 Attack Op Min 1

Yogo
Skeelz
3*
8/2
Ability: +2 Damage

Jarred
Ulu Watu
4*
8/4
Ability: +2 Power

Manni
Jungo
5*
8/5
Ability: Support -4Opp Attack Min 12
2028/2500
faqihah.radzi - Master - ¥Psycho•Fiends¥ English
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 17:10

Sireen
5*
Leader
6/5- Ability : -1 Life per Round

bio : was an Uppers famous socialite's daughter but then realized she should stand for what's right,that is to give support to the poor people and the environment. she will fight for this cause even if she had to betray the clan.

(not good with bio)

I think we should have this kind of Leader card. We have Eklore, who decreases one Pillz, and Morphun, who adds one Pillz.
So Sireen is like the opposite of Bridget.
2029/2500
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 19:34

I disagree, radzi, for two reasons.

1. As Bridget makes Vholt (almost) completely useless, so too would your Leader leave Timber without a purpose. Why use a card that has to win the round to get it's extra point (that can be reduced), when you can have a free drain instead?

2. Game-breaking combos. The number of cards that could 1HKO with that Leader is too dang high. 50/50 matches out the wazoo. This would be true for any reasonable minimum (i.e. less than 10).

@maw, 7/5 for a three star Freaks with no ability sounds reasonable to me. It's not as good as Olga, but it could be her replacement when she gets tempbanned.
Sylvia Ld and Uchtul seem more silly with each release. Uma stole the biker's seat in Berzerk decks and Uchtul's ability is insane even by backlash standards. There's no reason to let bad cards prevent new ideas. Before anyone calls me a hypocrite regarding the Timber statement above, Timber is a balanced Leader card which should be preserved, not a normal card.

Jonsen
4* Uppers
8/7
Backlash: -1 Pillz per 3 Damage, Min 4
I presume that it's rounded down to at least one, like Pill Recovery.
2030/2500
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 20:27

Question: You and your opp both have 1 Pillz left. Your opp has one Sakhrohm/Uppers card remaining. Which card would be most useful to counter the opps attack manipulation (Min 3) with? From a choice of: XU52, Lou and Fuzz.
Answer: despite the fact that these cards are all 5* 6/8 SOA cards with 8 attack manip., XU52 would win the round in this case against certain (most) members of these clans whereas the other 2 options would lose the round against almost all members of these clans.
SO WHAT!!!???:my point is that cards like XU52 with attack reduction to a min of 2/1 are the only advantage of having attack gaining bonuses like that of Sentinel or Junks over that of the Uppers/Sakhrohm. Uppers and Sakhrohm are arguably better clans in terms of winning battles than Sentinel and Junkz, Uppers purely because of their bonus and Sakhrohm because of terrifying cards like Graks, Uranus, Sigma etc. So, perhaps MORE CARDS WITH ATTACK REDUCTION TO A MIN OF 2/1 should be released to RESTORE SOME BALANCE TO THIS GAME. (There are of course other balance issues but this one has been annoying me for yonks).
A few ideas:
Ira
3* Berzerk (High damage, 3*, attack manip. combo with meh power so can still win rounds, think Berzerk Sayura)
6/5
Ability:Support: -3 Opp
Attack, Min 2

Gangsta
3* Bangers (8 Powered attack manip. wall, what Bangers need)
8/3
Ability: -10 Opp
Attack, Min 2.

Xerxes (Caution Leader)
5* Leader
8/4
Ability:Team:Caution: -11
Opp Attack, Min 1

« Previous12...200201202203204205...249250Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals