The Slot Machine : Winners and Losers!!

Tuesday 20/09/2011, 12:41
XC-MeRLiN - Legend Русский

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
112 messages
XC-MeRLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U RРусский - Tuesday 20/09/2011, 12:41

Shall we open a thread dedicated exclusively for posting the big winnings and losses we all had and still have, and will always have; with this infernal machine?
Big winners, please post here with a screenshot hosted in tinypic or elsewhere (no, tinypic is not paying me anything. )
Also please post useable statistics regarding what you think is the investment:return ratio and the probability of each of the objects appearing in each column (that is for advanced statisticians).
Let's have a go and see whether there is any point in playing it, or we can gather enough information and then approach the developers with improvement ideas. Thank you all.
« Previous12...56789101112Next »

111/112
XC-MeRLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Thursday 13/09/2012, 10:41

Ghelas: The free clintz received by watching video plus slot machine plus bonus tickets (by being in a good guild) plus tickets received while completing missions, can be very helpful to a player who just started this game, or whose career is fledgling.
What good would the Tombola have done to anyone new, unless they win it, which has got a 1:5,00,000 chance?
This way is better, where hundreds of players are benefitted, and new people feel that there's something to look up to, and have better prospects of growth as they move up.
112/112
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 13/09/2012, 16:48

I see your point, but the slot machine is a tiny trickle of income compared to the videos -- which still (IMO of course) don't yield enough clintz to really help new players.

I myself am a relatively new player. I was lucky enough to join at a time when you could make a decent amount of credits through free iPhone offers, and later, through video ads. This enabled me to create a collection large enough to experiment and succeed in ELO. What's more, it enabled me to create that collection through the very enjoyable act of popping open many packs of cards, as opposed to buying individual cards from the store. Now, I purchase credits regularly, as much to support UR as to expand my collection.

UR is a CCG. As CCG players, most of us enjoy some element of chance in the way we acquire cards. A player that's getting to open a pack or check to see if he won a great CR is, quite simply, having more fun than a player spinning the reels for what's likely to be a measly 30 clintz, or watching videos for hours just to make a dent in the price of a good card. Maybe as a seasoned player, it's a little harder to appreciate a 1/10,000 chance of getting a card that can buy you a good 75% of the collection, because you already have it... But thinking back to when I was a newbie, the tombola was a welcome sight for that reason, even though I was well aware that the odds were not in my favor.

« Previous12...56789101112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals