Guild V2 - Upcoming modifications.
Following the Guilds v2 release, some comments have been made (in a more or less rude way ). Therefore, we thought about all of this to plan modifications/additions on the guild feature and the changes in relation to our initial program.
Below is the program for the 2-3 next weeks.
We think it's a good plan but we remain open to your comments.
• First batch
- Removal of the player's contribution limit to his guild : small guilds can progress as much as bigger ones if their members are motivated (actually it was already this way but we forgot it).
- The forum access and the "send message to all members" buttons will be put above the tabs.
- Return of the guild's "country", via a founder setting (and no more automatically).
- Return of each member's ELO score in the members list.
- Button to convert *once* the existing mission points to xp for the guild and the player's level (however they won't be counted in this week activity). This button will be removed when you'll use it and after a few months no matter what happens.
• Second batch
- Makeover of "The Guilds" page : tab system with an introduction tab and several "rankings"
- Ranking "By average members' seniority" (the old ranking)
- Ranking "By guild level" (the new level)
- Ranking "By last week activity" (based on the last week's 36k points progression %, like a green/orange/red/yellow indicator)
• Third batch
- "Champions" system, the founder will be able to define X members (with a minimum, without maximum) who will be your champions for a specified game mode (ELO champions, Survivor champions to start off).
- Ranking "By ELO score", based on the average champions' score during the ELO week.
- Ranking "By Survivor score", based on the average champions' score during the Survivor week.
- Addition of the Survivor score of the week in the members list.
We have a LOT of ideas to be precisely defined thereafter.
ps: At the present time, I remind you what awards guild points: fights, market, missions. Like I previously said, we are trying to find a way to consider the forum activity without it being possibly abused.
Good fights everybody.
It's true that the "Send a message" button did not work for a while, even after the problem was thought to be fixed. However, I just tested the button myself last week, and found that it WAS now working, as expected.
But "as expected" needs to be understood a little, too. ;-]
Firstly, the message will not send to yourself. So the only way you know if it went out is to ask someone to confirm the message was received.
Secondly, the message doesn't send out a group PM, it sends out an email to the registered email account each member signed up with. If they typo'd the email address upon registration (or used a spam account they never check), then they will not receive the message.
Thirdly, there is an option that many players have checked, under the Options tab, to "Receive Msgs" (right over the Leave Guild button). If the player has unchecked that box (previously in the Preferences menu), then they have chosen to opt out of emails, and will not receive the message.
Long story short, the Send a message is a great tool for guild admins to contact the guild, and possibly grab the attention of some folks who have not checked into the UR game for a while. As far as I can see, the option DOES work, but there are limitations on it that each player imposes. Therefore, it's a tool with great potential, but remains somewhat limited in reality. For anything vital, I still recommend a good ol' personalized PM. In a guild of several hundred, that can be difficult, but hey, that's what you have your other admins for, right? ;-]
Hope that helps.
"...it WAS now working, as expected." - I was like Yey!
"Secondly, the message doesn't send out a group PM, it sends out an email to the registered email account each member signed up with. If they typo'd the email address upon registration (or used a spam account they never check), then they will not receive the message." - I was like ha?! Really?!
"For anything vital, I still recommend a good ol' personalized PM. In a guild of several hundred, that can be difficult, but hey, that's what you have your other admins for, right? ;-]" - I was like true, true.
That helps a lot Daigon! Thanks!
So the guild rankings in the Activity section... They are now based on guild level if there is a tie? As opposed to the number of guild members? "Here are the guilds ordered by their level high to low, then, in case of equal level, by the members count from low to high."
So ishould it now be : "Here are the guilds ordered by their level high to low, then, in case of equal level, by guild level from high to low."
So is it not reasonable to suggest that a mass PM function be added that the founder and admins are able to use to send a message to the guild? this only makes sense as copy paste 150 times is not practical no matter how many admins you have and that sort of potential to contact everyone would be very useful when notifying the guild of anything pertaining to min level with some players more focused on playing rather then the message board so that is not a practical way of ensuring you are reaching everyone... is this something you are working on adding or have not considered? cause from the sounds of it more then just myself would appreciate and benefit from this if it were added, even if just for the founder.
"more then just myself would appreciate and benefit from this if it were added" = agree.
Anyway. I tought that the weekly limit for guilds we're remove? Why did our guild stop leveling upon reaching the weekly limit?
Does this has something to do with the amount of guild members?
No, nothing to do with the number of Guild members. UR Staff have now removed the 'add your mission points' option. They did say that this option would be removed after a short time.
You can now only achieve the maximum 36,000 points each week to advance your Guild's level.
Thank you so much JimmyDoughnut.
Anyway another report... (I honestly don't like doing this.But weird things keeps coming up one after another.)
When players applies to a guild. They come up in the guild rooster with a label of " Applicants" and when you click on them you simply select reject or accept them to your guild.
But when I checked on our guild, it seems the rooster of applicants is just there but no more options on accepting nor rejecting them..
Am I overlooking on something?