After months of trials and taking into account your views (forums, surveys and the X-Periment ELO event), we are officially changing the list of permanent ELO bans: Arkn, Toro, Ghumbo, Bonnie Ld, Sledg, Ulrich and Arno will be banned, while Uranus in now authorized.These changes will come into effect from the week commencing December 05.Happy gaming to you all in ELO mode!
@ Stu CA - it is not an attack. It is an observation. Someone who has not played a game format before has no basis on which to make a judgement. There are enough players complaining without people simply jumping on the wa-wa wagon for no informed reason.
"so you're trying to drive new players away?" - never said that. So, nice of you to put words in someone else' mouth that was never said.
"according to your logic, new players should just shut up and quit" - never said that either. It would be bad for the UR community if new players just quit. Your statement doesn't even make sense, so why even say it?
"just b/c I haven't played ELO on this character = I have never played ELO before?" - hmmm... well, since the Terms of Conditions and Use you agreed to when you signed up for this game says that you are only entitled to one account, it is a reasonable assumption to make. Since you are telling me that you missed that part of the TC&U more than once when you signed up for your original account, this account and any in between, allow me to like it here for you:
Although all of it is good to know, try reading Article 3 again as it is relevant.
"pls think before you say stuff like that" - I do think before I speak. I just typically condense my thoughts and type only the relevant stuff down since people rarely read through it all anyways and try picking apart things that are not said anyways.
"if you want to stay on topic" - ok, let's go back to your statements, one by one since you haven't bothered to look at them to think of other possibilities, which is what I was referring to by one-dimensional.
1. "you talk about choices, but what kinda choice is that when you are forcing certain clans to get a splash i.e. Uranus for DR, you're not giving them choices," - you are writing here as if DR is essential to any deck-build, when in reality, DR is just 1 ability. A deck does not need to have DR to be successful. A deck with no DR can break 1400.
2. "you're restricting them towards a certain way of playing" - no. If you think that you need DR and that DR has to be from the main clan you are using, then you are restricting yourself towards a certain way of playing - see the one-dimensional theme again?
3. "they have to break their mono, whereas other clans do not have to do that, and have mutiple choices for DR, is that fair?" - you have an interesting description of the word "fair". The clans are not balanced - they never have been. Bangers do not have a single natural 8 power card, while most clans boast multiple. Is that fair? Bangers also lack poison, +life, heal and defeat. Is that fair? Yes. Why? Once again, the clans are not balanced - they are not meant to be. Each clan has their strengths and weaknesses. More cards will come out as they always do - some will balance the clan more and others will keep strengthening a clans strengths.
4. "then there's who ppl complain about too much guessing with Piranas, the whole game is basically based on guessing to win" - not entirely true. Yes, there will always be a luck factor in the game, but luck is only part of the equation. There is a lot of skill that goes into the game as well - if this were not true, then a player's win/loss record would hover around 50%, closer to 50% as you play more and more games. Just the way that probability and statistics work. And don't say that it has anything to do with the cards you have... I won 5 DTs with Zdrone in the deck.
5. "if you guessed right, you should be rewarded, if you guessed wrong, you should be punished, fair and square, what did you expect?" - punishment is an interesting term to use. This is a game - it's win or lose, not punish. And the game is guess right and you have an advantage and if you guess wrong, you have a disadvantage.
6. "guess wrong and win? is that fair?" - I don't even know where you are going here. That statement doesn't even begin to make sense. If you guess wrong in round 1, you are at a disadvantage, but you still have 3 more rounds to go. The more wrong guesses you make, the less likely you are to win the game. Sounds fair to me.
7. "you might want to explain your "multi-dimensional way" of thinking" - Let's see, by definition a multi-dimensional way of thinking would involve looking at a problem from more than one perspective or arriving at the solution in more than one way. In the game of UR, the solution you want is to win games and it begins at deck-building. A one-dimensional approach says that there is only one way to build a deck. If you need one specific clan and specific card/s and can't play any other way, that is very one-dimensional. But some people think this way... it's not a bad thing and I was only making an observation. Some people just don't think out-side the box.
One-dimensional - "I need Piranas and I need Ulrich for DR
1. DR is not needed for a deck.
2. I do not need to play mono-clan, there are 21 other clans, meaning there are 21 possible clan combinations out there.
3. Split decks do not need to be 4/4. There are many successful 5/3 decks and I've even seen 6/2 decks from some very creative people.
It's really tiring to just hear people whine all the time, so I put together some arguments to explain things a bit. Is the game perfect? No, but it never will be. Perfection is a goal, not a destination. The staff do listen to suggestions that have reasoning, but simple whining and complaining for the sake of it is annoying to all.
I will stop here as, I have exceeded the 5k character limit and am approaching 6k.
@ Positivez - I guess they make just anyone a moderator.
@ Soundtrack-HW - Releasing a second DR for Piranas before banning Ulrich? No. That would ruin the ever-changing dynamics of UR. Much of the fun of the game is that the game is constantly changing. You have to think and get ready from one week to the next. And again, the whole needing a DR so you can play mono-clan is back to that one-dimensional way of thinking from the above post. Yes, it is 1 effective way to play, but it is only 1 out of many effective ways to play.
@ maki_mUR - Yes. And that is the essence of what the bans attempt to do. Add diversity to the game. And the bans haven't seemed to hurt the clans any. Piranas were the most common clan I saw yesterday in ELO followed by GHEIST and Nightmare, so players that are claiming their clans are now too weak have been spending too much time complaining and not playing to see the current meta-game (pure speculation in this last statement).
I agree - Roots are in need of a pick-me-up. I have only seen them once so far this week and that was below 1100. I thought that Arno gave Roots a nice low-star half-deck to use. Noodile Cr, Yookie, Rico and Arno - pretty standard, but I guess too standard. Never seems too over-powered to me with the 4 damage and were a great counter to GHEIST decks with the 7 and 8 power 3 stars. Maybe Roots will get some help soon
Well I agree with most of these bans, but I dont think that Arno really deserved to be banned seeing as though nothing really set him above and beyond the other cards. As for Arkn, I can see his ban being justifiable. Arkn's 4 damage is above average for the a 2 star and his ability is as good as the now banned Ghumbo. But seriously, Uranus unbanned? A 5 damage three star with a phenomenal ability... Thats not right
Just gonna say, which I dont think many have actually noticed. But even though Skeelz haven't recieved any bans, they still take a beating. Banning Piranas, Ghiests and pretty much removing Roots from elo makes their bonus weaker. Normally they woud be great counters when it was a ghiest week, but now it seems that wont be the case...
I don't see why people are complaining about Arkn and Arno's bans being against that specific card as they are weak(ish). They are making the clan a bit less playable as those clans are more dominate in ELO than others, GHEIST is very popular and the Arkn ban will help reduce the number of people playing them. While the Roots were good at making small halves and the Arno ban makes their halves weaker, however Mono Roots took a larger hit as they don't have as good 2*s to play.