New bans in ELO

New bans in ELO
Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39
Orpheus - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
257 messages
New bans in ELO
Orpheus - Legend - LOST in UrbanEnglish - Monday 28/11/2011, 10:39

After months of trials and taking into account your views (forums, surveys and the X-Periment ELO event), we are officially changing the list of permanent ELO bans: Arkn, Toro, Ghumbo, Bonnie Ld, Sledg, Ulrich and Arno will be banned, while Uranus in now authorized.These changes will come into effect from the week commencing December 05.Happy gaming to you all in ELO mode!
« Previous12...1920212223242526Next »

221/257
mahdin_DvF - Event team - D-Versified English
Wednesday 28/12/2011, 07:07

I'm getting pretty damn bored of playing Junkz right now to be honest with you.
222/257
_wise_ - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 28/12/2011, 09:27

^ ditto
223/257
Wakshaani - Legend English
Wednesday 28/12/2011, 22:11

The Junkz players are hunting for their LD. That's teh usual "New LD!" rush. It'll wear off soon.

As for teh bans, I hope that Uranus heads back onto it soon.. She's way outside the power curve. Yes, the Saks dropped hugely in playtime due to this, but, much like Spaghetti, she's a splash-in for people that rely on her huge damage reduction. Not good for the environment.
224/257
Hungry Panda - Titan Español
Thursday 29/12/2011, 18:48

I'm getting sick of all the Elo bans. We spend credits and hours of our time trying to get enough clintz to buy good cards to use in Elo and for what? So a few people can complain and then those cards get banned? What's the point of even buying the good cards? I've spent over $300 US buying credits and investing in this game and I have not one good card I can use. More than 30 characters are not permitted in Elo. And more than half of those complaints come from people who don't want to invest real skill in the game.
"This guy just two pilled Caelus and got me for 8 damage;WAHHHHH!!!! Admin! Admin! It's 'ruining' the game for us! WAHHHHH!!!" And then come along admins who ban these cards? This week I made a garbage Roots deck and it was only through SKILL that I got to 1230 in Elo in 2 days. I will get to the top but I know I shouldn't be surprised when half my deck is banned next week because some players found it unsavory. There is a crowd of people complaining about these cards, but even a bigger crowd asking to stop these ridiculous bans.
Sincerely,
Disgruntled UR player
225/257
LB Shippal - Titan English
Friday 30/12/2011, 05:33

@ Hungry Panda

We all know that bans are unfortunate, especially when they are on cards you like playing, and like using. However, having likely invested over $1000 into several different TCG's over my life thus far, I can say that every game has cards that are, to use the lightest term possible, imbalanced. The cards that land on the ELO ban list tend to fit into that category.

Let's look at a card for a moment, one that you mentioned, Caelus Cr. Tell me, if you have 1 or 2 5 Star slots open in a mono-Skeelz deck, would you put in any other Skeelz member than him? Perhaps Aylen, or Thomas on a STRETCH, but no. There is no better Skeelz card. Period. Then look at a half-build Skeelz deck, and tell me how many other 5 Star cards IN THE GAME you would choose over him. I doubt you could find 20 other ones. For that matter, even 10 might be difficult, and all 10 of those are most certainly on the banned list, or will be soon.

A single card that is better than 95% of the other cards in the game? That, sir, is the definition of imbalanced. That is why there is a format within which we can play without those cards. Don't like it? Play deathmatch, survivor, fights, or make your own event.
226/257
HavoCreateMOB - Imperator English
Friday 30/12/2011, 10:09

@ Shippal

I understand where you are coming from, but that doesn't quite work. You could make the same argument about Blaaster Cr, and each of the arguments would make the same amount of sense. In fact, almost every clan has a card or two that are better than 95% of the cards available in the elo metagame. These are known as staples. The problem is that if you keep banning the top 5%, eventually worse and worse cards are in that 5%, and fewer cards are available to use, actually restricting creativity.

However, with unbanning cards and releasing new powerhouses (Spyke), the game can be revitalized. This does lead to powercreep, which is another argument completely.

I'm not trying to offend in any way, I'm just giving the reasonable "devil's advocate" argument, where Hungry Panda apparently couldn't.
227/257
mahdin_DvF - Event team - D-Versified English
Saturday 31/12/2011, 18:54

@Wakshaani: With the release of a protection: damage, Uranus isn't as effective as she used to be, especially with only 5 power. And even though so many people have complained about Roots being neutered by the bans, I have to admit mono Roots have been the most common decks I've faced this week in elo alongside mono Jungo.

@Havo: Spyke might not get a perma ban or be player banned as often the more popular the protection: power cards become. Spyke is just a regular 7 powered card against them. With the release of a couple more in a few different clans, Spyke isn't so OP anymore.
228/257
The_HoAx - Hero English
Monday 02/01/2012, 05:28

ELO suggestion: Put every card in the game (including permabanned cards) on the format election for a week, and all cards with 1.5% votes or more with the majority of the votes being bans those cards are banned, if not then they are ELO playable. Would add an interesting aspect to ELO for a week.
229/257
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 02/01/2012, 17:05

@The_HoAx: everyone would end up playing with the bad/unused cards lol
230/257
The_HoAx - Hero English
Monday 02/01/2012, 19:10

@UM_Aaabattery: I believe it would increase the number of cards we can use as the max # of cards that could be banned is 66, however that would assume that the majority voted ban on those 66 cards the have exactly 1.5% and no one voted for any other cards. I believe about 25 - 45 cards would be banned which is less than the amount of permanently banned cards we have now.

« Previous12...1920212223242526Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals