What am I doing wrong in DT?

Monday 05/12/2011, 20:41
SkilledWill - Novice English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
SkilledWill - Novice English - Monday 05/12/2011, 20:41

I consider myself a rookie, although I like to think im on the smarter end of rookieness. I can always get to within the top 200-400 in a Dt(T1) but it is pretty much from all 8 points each loss. Im not a stupid player and I understand how abilitys and such work, Im quick enough at maths but i constantly lose and I dont know why. I started as La Junta and got beaten alot by attack manipulation clans. So I tryed Rescue and got beaten by Nightmare, Piranas and Roots, so i tryed Nightmare and somehow still get beaten by attack manipluation.

Im really looking for advice or guidence to a good rookie deck. Im just looking for a deck that dosent rely on anything and has no weaknesses to other clans. In return im happy to sacrifice superpowerfull cards and 2hko decks that help win DT's. Id just like to get into the top 100 with a little practice and a reasonable deck.

2/10
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Tuesday 06/12/2011, 00:32

It really depends on your cards. If you can afford bad cards you won't get very far.

deleted

That Preset has 2hko opportunities, solid power, great bonus and its only 5k!. I believe you can get top 100 with that with just a little bit of practice. Goodluck
3/10
Tuesday 06/12/2011, 01:14

Oo that looks good. Thanks. What improvements should I make? I can probalby put together 25-30k clintz, hopefully that should improve it even more?
4/10
Mr Intelijent - Hero - D-Versified English
Tuesday 06/12/2011, 05:03

30k? That is a lot! I would personally do these changes

Glen to Herman
Pallack to Rubie
Beetenka to Nellie

You could also try mixing it up a little and adding All Stars. Try this

Nellie
Oxen
Rubie
Harold

Quinn
Randy
Karen
Stacey

4 cards with 6 damage, a card that can inflict 6 damage and a card against Soa who can do 7 damage. It is a pretty solid well rounded deck and could get you very far in DT.

Goodluck
5/10
Tuesday 06/12/2011, 19:08

Thanks this has really helped, I know Rubie is a very good card but anything with 5 power for some reason i always think it has 6. Like Mawpin i think it has 6 for some reason and pill accordingly only to lose. Ill have to get over that!

Thanks though!
6/10
Friday 09/12/2011, 14:32

Mr Intelijent, If i was to try and include a DR in that deck who should I take out. Ive been looking at Gina Glitt but dont know if I should remove Oxen or Harold.
7/10
paeng02 - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 10/12/2011, 01:48

Don't remove those two cards. Also in DTs its not advisable that you include a DR because it slows gameplay very severely for both players.
8/10
URHunter - Titan English
Saturday 10/12/2011, 02:52

I like having a DR (that has some damage), having a DR can turn a sure shot for opp into a coin flip. Just don't just the DR if you are ahead.
9/10
OC-Vanity - Veteran - Open Casket English
Saturday 10/12/2011, 07:12

No, DR slows down gameplay too much, if you lose you'll be able to make up the points from the time you saved by not using a DR.
10/10
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Saturday 10/12/2011, 07:28

DR'S generally aren't recommended in DT's (as mentioned above)

However, if you feel a compulstion to include one in your deck... DO NOT USE Gina Glitt lol

The way I see it, you would have two options (if using the deck proposed by Mr Intelijent)

Switch Harold to Burt - I would not remove Oxen, as he opens up a greater potential for the 2HKO, which is the main idea of that particular deck. OR

Switch Stacey for Ashley - Ashley is a throw away card, and good for nothing else. Stacey however, being a 2 star, will receive a good amount points for winning with her.

Gina Glitt is just bad, and using Maurice instead of Nellie simply isn't worth it.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals