Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Important change: arrival of the Standard!

Wednesday 01/02/2012, 17:12
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
769 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Wednesday 01/02/2012, 17:12

Hello all,

We made a series of interviews between the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012. These interviews persuaded us to complete a project we were thinking about for a long time: the setting up of a cards rotation system.

Right now there are 800 cards in the collection and it’s already too much for the game to run smoothly. The players who have all the cards always use the strongest of a clan and even if it makes them win matches they are frustrated not to see more variety. For their part, the beginners have to face a huge collection and they often feel quite lost.

We want to create a list that includes only characters released in the past two years (+ leaders and starter characters) and change several rooms which allow players to only use the characters in this list. We won’t impose this list in every rooms because our goal is not to stop you from playing the oldest cards, for example the DM T2 and Survivor T2 won’t change at all even if names will be different.

Let’s see what will happen in detail:

1/ Create a list of characters called «Standard» which will be updated every 6 months:
This list will contain Leaders, Starter Decks characters, all characters released within these last 2 years before the update (LD included) and characters which will be released after the update.
In practical terms it will give about ten characters allowed in each clan (with more or less the same number of characters in each level). Note that the new clans will keep all their characters. It will be taken into account in the cards releases planning. We will act as to give each clan what they need to be efficient.

2/ Creation of 3 new deck formats:
Extended Format: all characters allowed, no doubles, 40 stars max., equivalent to T2.
Standard Format: Standard characters only, 40 stars mac., no doubles.
Standard Format 25: Standard characters only, 25 stars max., no doubles, list of characters banned if it’s needed (for Leaders for example).
Note that the T1 format disappears.

3/ Finally, create or adapt battle rooms:
The Standard battle room : Standard Format with a DT every other hour.
Instead of opening a less than 26 stars (T1) room and a more than 26 stars (T2) one, you will have one single room BUT you’ll face opponents whose decks have a number of stars close to yours. This mechanism corresponds better to the reality of DTs today where every players try to find the good combination which will give the most points while winning matches with 20 to 30 stars decks. Merging the two rooms will allow you to keep this optimization spirit without the «artificial» side of the stars limitation. This flexibility combined with the Standard format will give a breath of fresh air to DTs while keeping specificity.

This room will be the ONLY DT room. There won’t be any T2, T1 or ELO Daily Tournament. We know that it’s not harmless and it was a very difficult decision to take. Some of you struggled a long time to obtain very expensive collectors which allow them to improve their results in DT and their disappointment is understandable. Nevertheless, DT’s today are clearly dominated by some decks not to say several highly efficient cards which is not healthy in a competitive game mode.

The ELO room: Standard format 25 (with potentially some bans), same rules except that there won’t be DTs in this room any more.
Use the Standard rules in the ELO mode sounds quite obvious to us. It will allow some regular changes to the mode and it will remove old characters which cause balancing problems. It should reduce the number of staff banned characters and no more characters banned by players.

About DT, we think that the ELO mode is pretty different from the DT. There is no reason to mix these two game modes. Today, ELO players have the opportunity to win free credits without playing in DT. Tomorrow they’ll have to choose between Dt and ELO which is already the case for players playing in other modes (Survivor or DM).

3 Deathmatch rooms:
Extended DM: Extended format, current DM rules.
Standard DM: Standard format, current DM rules.
Standard DM 25: Standard format 25, current DM rules.
The Extended DM will be equivalent to the current DM T2, only the name will change.
The Standard DM will allow players with big decks but with characters in the Standard list. The DM T1 will disappear and we’ll add a Standard 25 room. We noticed that the rare players in DM T1 were more ELO players than DT T1 players. We hope that the Standard DM 25 will be more used than the current DM T1 room. If it’s not the case, we will think about it. If there are DM T1 players here who are reading this message and Don’t want this change to Standard DM 25, Don’t hesitate to let us know.

3 Survivor rooms.
Extended Survivor: Extended format.
Standard Survivor: Standard format.
Standard Survivor 25: Standard format 25.
Same idea as Deathmatch.

And the rooms which won’t change:
Fight Club: the deck you want.
Warehouse: Training.
Warehouse no pillz: Training NoPill
« Previous12...7071727374757677Next »

691/769
account15 - Veteran - Great White North English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 05:20

You sould not remove type1, if type 2 stays, type 1 sould as well. If it disapears, all old 2-3 stars will be useless in any format making a large part of the game disapear
692/769
Soundtrack-HW - Imperator - humanoid weapons English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 11:17

I think we should keep a game mode which is like the current Elo mode, we get to keep old 2 and 3 stars in the game mode, but the rewards wouldn't be as high as the new suggested Elo. Because like Account 15 said, 2 and 3 stars will be close to useless for the majority of players.
This way we could possibly have 2 elo rooms? one with the standard format and higher rewards, and the current elo with the same rewards as now or less. People will probably still play in the standard elo room for the extra rewards (maybe 15 crs not 10, more clints / credits) and people will play current elo for current rewards.
Good Idea? yes, no?
Or atleast keep some sort of t1 room without standard. That i guess is what I'd like
Right now I dont have much against the new arrival, but in the long run it seems people will have to pay if they want to keep up with cards and times. You wanted deck variation, you achieve this by limiting the amount of cards allowed in play? I dont know, some things just don't add up sometimes.
693/769
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 12:47

@SKP-Izasheep: I doubt it would be the acolypse lol. What every they do im sure most players will adapt.
694/769
---SiM-HoA--- - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 13:08

@UM_AaaBatery, if im not mistaken, i think he was referring to the "December 21st" "Appocalypse" lol
695/769
Slewor - Imperator - THE EXPLOSIVE ELITE English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 14:10

I personally am actually looking forwards to this change and think that it will bring a lot more balance to DT's at the least, if not other modes. I was getting sick of seeing cards that are almost impossible to get without buying credits.

Initially I was worried about the decrease in usefulness of older low star cards but after reading the thread can see that as long as the proposed Extended 25 goes ahead in DM's then this should not be a problem.

The only real problem I can see (apart from investors loosing out and older players being generally annoyed that they can't use their favourite cards in ELO/survivour) is the lack of variety in cards that will be used.

This could however be solved in a number of ways:

1) The idea of re-releasing older cards that was previously mentioned.
2) Releasing extra cards every week (say 6 instead of 4).
3) Selecting 4 "starter" cards in each clan that does not recieve any normally that are of roughly the same quality as the actual starter cards. Then having these permanently remain in the Standard rooms.

I would expect that allowing any of these options would increase the variety of cards seen greatly.
696/769
KevinKartner - Veteran English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 15:55

I
697/769
KevinKartner - Veteran English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 15:58

(Sorry)
I thought of another problem with this way of doing: What will happen to the mission characters? It will become impossible to play them since they wouldn't be part of the Standard. In other words, we will lose a lot of places to advance missions in.
No, the best idea is Standard rooms to go with the past rooms, so those who want to try Standard can while those who don't give a about "meeting always the same characters" will be able to compete anyway.
698/769
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 20:21

Oh my god who cares if cards are going to be unusable?! There are already unusable cards so stop crying over spilt milk they will just join the pile. Again, I am going to bring up the event tool that can do anything for anyone's obsession of playing lower starred cards.

Let's all join Slewor in his optimism that every bad thing that happens is balanced out by a good thing and that the bad points aren't actually that devastating to the game.

Finally, Kevin, Fight Club is still going to be functional; as is Lost Warehouse. Take your pick and stop thinking of more problems!
699/769
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 20:29

I like the pool of stater cards being set for the clans...

one or two solid card that isnt a staple to bolster the ranks is a good idea
so cards like Skinner, Dayton, Keanew, Corrina, Akendram/Olga Noel, Hawkins Noel, Burt, Sharon, Odile --- all playable cards that could give players more choices but not powerful enough that every deck would run them.
700/769
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Wednesday 15/02/2012, 21:14

I also like that idea.

« Previous12...7071727374757677Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals