[INFO] DT guide for beginners - 5 key strategies
Tuesday 07/02/2012, 02:31
TnT_MeRm - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
16 messages
[INFO] DT guide for beginners - 5 key strategies
TnT_MeRm - Moderator - TRiNiTYEnglish - Tuesday 07/02/2012, 02:31

What is the Daily Tournament (DT)?

 Despite its name, DT is actually a tournament that happens every alternate hour which last for an hour every day.

Daily schedule based on your time zone, GMT +13:
[12:00 - 13:00], [14:00 - 15:00], [16:00 - 17:00], [18:00 - 19:00], [20:00 - 21:00], [22:00 - 23:00]
[00:00 - 01:00], [02:00 - 03:00], [04:00 - 05:00], [06:00 - 07:00], [08:00 - 09:00], [10:00 - 11:00].

 To play, all you have to do is go to one of these rooms: Type 1, Type 2, or ELO – fight using a valid deck and score as many battle points as you can during the duration of the tournament.

The key to success: (Results may vary)

1. Golden Rule: Play Fast (Win fast / Lose fast) & Don’t quit

“DT is not about who got the most wins - It's about points accumulated per minute regardless of the outcome. Always think about saving time off your game. Eg: 3x 2 minutes with 10 points (lose) will be the same as 1x 6 minutes game with 30 points (win)”

2. Choose your deck wisely:

→ a. Low star count:
- (T1) Less than 25 stars deck
- (T2) 9 – 10 cards with 26 star count

“You earn more points if your characters defeat a higher level opponent”

→ b. Use high damage cards (Aim 2 hits K.O)

→ c. Limit your deck to 1 of the following OR avoid these cards completely:

- Damage reducers

“This will depend on the card – consider the card’s usefulness in your deck”

- (+) Life ability

“In DT, it’s about the cards not the clans... Don’t be afraid to use clans with + life bonus provided you have the 2 hits K.O tactics in mind... On the other hand, - life is always acceptable as an option”

- Permanent ELO banned cards

“For every permanent ELO banned card in your draw, 2 points will be removed from your battle points as a penalty”

3. Extra Battle Strategy:

→ a. Save Pillz for K.O (Adds + 2 to your battle pts at the end of your match)
→ b. Type 1 vs Type 2 (Different rooms but both can be used for DT equally – just pick whatever suits your style)

4. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find the deck that works best for you

5. Have fun

 Special thanks to my handy-dandy husband, W M Daexen, for providing good structure and clarity to this guide and to Mr Intelijent, for prompting each point using his own DT guide version 

Reference:
(Mr. Intelijent) http://www.urban-rivals.com/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=1950131&subject_page=0

(UR) http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/rules.php?show=tournament

--------------------------------

Note: This thread is still under construction, if you have any suggestions or opinion about the topic please feel free to leave a comment. This will be finalized and locked once the UR updates about the game is done.

--------------------------------

Cheers,
Merm
« Previous12Next »

11/16
Talisen - Titan - THE EXPLOSIVE ELITE English
Tuesday 08/05/2012, 04:37

Outstanding post. I'm newish and this was a lot of great info. Thanks man!
12/16
MadLampy - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 29/05/2012, 18:32

As man said.... golden rule.

play fast as it's all about points rather than wins
13/16
SevenAteNein - Hero - The Defenestrators English
Saturday 09/06/2012, 17:40

I guess I understand the low star count idea, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather "win slow" with a big ol' 40* deck loaded with banned cards, and enjoy my matches. If this is what you have to do to win DTs, then I'm not going to be winning one any any time soon, but I'll mop the floor with a lot of you 26* guys.

Thanks for "losing fast" for me.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/presets/?id_preset=2316496
14/16
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 09/06/2012, 22:18

I totally understand, SevenAteNien. It takes soooo much skill to outdraw your opponents! You absolutely SHOULD take pride in your 100 point DTs!
15/16
Lagustic - Hero English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 17:55

Yeah agree with marche.. Really very hard to play many matches with ppl using as many as 3 5 stars char in game and would overpower my 25* deck...
16/16
wabbitSNL - Master English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 18:31

With the new system with standard vs extended etc etc. How do the DT's work now as don't see seperate room for 25* down and 26* up. Are we all lumped into same room now and vs eachother with system autopairing within a certain *count or what? I'm just wondering for purposes of figuring out the highest possible scoring rate strategy deck wise as things do seem to changed a little bit, as I'm racking up much bigger scores with a 25* deck than I use to.

Guidance much appreciated.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals