A bit more than three weeks ago we presented our Standard format project. After having read your comments we changed the way to implement it. No need to go back over the previous version of this project (you can read the 700 and more comments if you wish), I'm going to talk about the final version.
The goal is still the same : offer a scalable and restrictive format.
Today, we have to many playable characters in each clan. New players are lost with all these options while paradoxically, old players own the best characters but always play with the same ones. With the Standard format, we want to offer to the new and old players a more restrictive environment if they wish, with less options in each clan but more often renewed.
What will we do?
1/ Create a list of characters called "Standard" which will be reset half-yearly. In this list you'll find all characters (and LD too) released within the three last years before the update, Leaders, starter deck characters and characters released after the update. You'll find 13 to 16 characters in each clan. New clan will keep all their characters.
2/ We will create a new deck format:
Standard format: Standard characters only, 40 stars max., no double.
3/ T1 and T2 will be renamed in Extended and Extended 25.
Extended format: all characters are allowed, 40 stars max. no double, equivalent to the current T2.
Extended 25 format: Extended characters, 25 stars max., no double, equivalent to the current T1.
4/ Several changes will be made on the DT.
- The timer will be significantly reduced for all DT matches. From the first match you'll have the same timer as the one you have now above 100 points.
- We will create a list of penalized characters in DT which will be independent from the list of ELO banned characters. The rule will probably remain the same: -2 points for each penalized character un your 4 characters team. We might change the penalty in the future if necessary.
- T1 and T2 room will be merged in one single room Extended Fights. To allow you to play with 15 to 40 stars decks, the battle system will make you face opponents with similar decks. The DTs will always be in this room.
- There will always be a DT every other our but alternately with the two rooms, Extended and Standard. it means there will be a DT one hour out of 4 in the Extended room and the same in the Standard room.
- We will randomly give a collector to players ranked in the top 150 in DTs. We didn't decide the exact number of collectors yet nor the rules of the draw but we're thinking about 5 collectors a day.
I insist on the fact that with the system of matches against similar decks (which already exists on T1 and T2 rooms) you'll be able to build competitive decks with a small number of stars as you'll always face similar decks. Le big difference is that 25 stars decks will face slightly bigger decks and 26 stars decks will face slightly smaller ones. It doesn't happen now because of the rooms limits which don't match with the way DT decks are built.
5/ We will create two new battle rooms.
- Deathmatch Standard: just like the current DM T2 but with Standard decks.
- Survivor Standard: just like the current Survivor T2 but with Standard decks.
6/ We will also make some minor changes as:
- new packs in the shop with Standard characters only.
- sorting options in the collection to only see Standard characters.
- changes in the theme decks (we are still thinking about it).
- minor changes in the visuals of cards to make Standard characters easier to recognize.
You may notice that ELO won't change at all, the same for DM or Survivor rooms. Of course the Fight Club and the Warehouse won't change either.
About the deadline, with all these changes we cannot be sure it will be released on March. We are working on this project and we want to release it quickly but I can't give a date but it should be implemented before this summer.
You can post comments or send emails here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and have fun!
Please, please, please, please can I have T1 back I really want to play someone with an equal star deck, I haven't seen an opponent draw less than a 4 star card yet and I have a 25 star deck
UR this is rubbish kill this stupid format before everyone with any sense leaves the game!
We are working to fix the issue of Deck matchmaking in the Tourney rooms.
For Prier and Diegoka: theses changes have been announced for quite some times and debated in the community.
The major purpose of the new format is to be able to make some competitives rooms usable with a smaller set of cards, and also, have a dynamic format that make you rethink your decks from time to time.
Beside the (annoying) matchmaking issues (that we'll fix), nothing has been "removed" from the game. You will still be able to play every other tournament (when the rotation between standard and extended will be in place) in extended format, with ALL the cards you want.
I have seen more than enough to know I will never like this change
I have been playing this game since 2008,and this is by far the worst change you have made. FOr me it kills the game T1 and T2 works the Stupid and Extended formats don't.
Please change it back I have invested alot of time and money in this game, not one person in my guild of c300 have expressed any positive reaction to these changes they are universally very negative.
Please listen to us this format is aweful!
You have played a total of 7 battles (over the 25 139 battles you've done in total) since the introduction of the Standard format, but in Extended actually, and you won the very last 2, coincidentally, since I fixed the issue of matchmaking.
The only complaint I've seen from you is "Matchmaking is broken". I think I've fixed it, or at least I'm on the right path.
Please, give us some time to fix it. Once the matchmaking is working perfectly, Extended should be really quite similar as the old T1/T2.
I am having to change decks and figure things out again, but so far, I must say that I love these changes
No more running into Jackie Cr decks in every other match in DTs.
Still a lot of players playing really high star decks, but that seems to have died down since the last DT I played in.
There are always some drawbacks when changes are made, but I have to say that I am enjoying UR more now than I have since 2008
Now - to figure out a deck to use more effectively lol
I can't play in stupid format as I am trying to complete the Roots LD missions and there are only 9 cards available for Roots until you get the LD so there is no way to properly balance your deck. Hence the format doesn't work
Extended doesn't work as when you have fixed the problems with the the deck selector you can't scale your deck to maximise points per battle, so that doesn't work either
T2 and T1 worked well as you could win a DT in either room and set your deck up as you wanted, ur was finally starting to get most of the clans balanced so that you could compete with any of them but in the stupid format this blatently isn't the case as someone posted earlier showing the complete mis match in options.
The only decent chnge you have mmade isto fix the timer.
And to say hey give our changes time and you will find that one of the formats is nearly like the format that I prefer just isn't what I'm looking for.