A bit more than three weeks ago we presented our Standard format project. After having read your comments we changed the way to implement it. No need to go back over the previous version of this project (you can read the 700 and more comments if you wish), I'm going to talk about the final version.
The goal is still the same : offer a scalable and restrictive format.
Today, we have to many playable characters in each clan. New players are lost with all these options while paradoxically, old players own the best characters but always play with the same ones. With the Standard format, we want to offer to the new and old players a more restrictive environment if they wish, with less options in each clan but more often renewed.
What will we do?
1/ Create a list of characters called "Standard" which will be reset half-yearly. In this list you'll find all characters (and LD too) released within the three last years before the update, Leaders, starter deck characters and characters released after the update. You'll find 13 to 16 characters in each clan. New clan will keep all their characters.
2/ We will create a new deck format:
Standard format: Standard characters only, 40 stars max., no double.
3/ T1 and T2 will be renamed in Extended and Extended 25.
Extended format: all characters are allowed, 40 stars max. no double, equivalent to the current T2.
Extended 25 format: Extended characters, 25 stars max., no double, equivalent to the current T1.
4/ Several changes will be made on the DT.
- The timer will be significantly reduced for all DT matches. From the first match you'll have the same timer as the one you have now above 100 points.
- We will create a list of penalized characters in DT which will be independent from the list of ELO banned characters. The rule will probably remain the same: -2 points for each penalized character un your 4 characters team. We might change the penalty in the future if necessary.
- T1 and T2 room will be merged in one single room Extended Fights. To allow you to play with 15 to 40 stars decks, the battle system will make you face opponents with similar decks. The DTs will always be in this room.
- There will always be a DT every other our but alternately with the two rooms, Extended and Standard. it means there will be a DT one hour out of 4 in the Extended room and the same in the Standard room.
- We will randomly give a collector to players ranked in the top 150 in DTs. We didn't decide the exact number of collectors yet nor the rules of the draw but we're thinking about 5 collectors a day.
I insist on the fact that with the system of matches against similar decks (which already exists on T1 and T2 rooms) you'll be able to build competitive decks with a small number of stars as you'll always face similar decks. Le big difference is that 25 stars decks will face slightly bigger decks and 26 stars decks will face slightly smaller ones. It doesn't happen now because of the rooms limits which don't match with the way DT decks are built.
5/ We will create two new battle rooms.
- Deathmatch Standard: just like the current DM T2 but with Standard decks.
- Survivor Standard: just like the current Survivor T2 but with Standard decks.
6/ We will also make some minor changes as:
- new packs in the shop with Standard characters only.
- sorting options in the collection to only see Standard characters.
- changes in the theme decks (we are still thinking about it).
- minor changes in the visuals of cards to make Standard characters easier to recognize.
You may notice that ELO won't change at all, the same for DM or Survivor rooms. Of course the Fight Club and the Warehouse won't change either.
About the deadline, with all these changes we cannot be sure it will be released on March. We are working on this project and we want to release it quickly but I can't give a date but it should be implemented before this summer.
You can post comments or send emails here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you and have fun!
I was excited about the idea of standard mode and was happy to see it get here but it has one major flaw and that is some of the crazy cards that where let in like Oshitsune Caelus Cr spyke and all the leaders Bridget and geting hit by a healer its next to imposible to out dmg that life gain these show stoper cards have to be taken out there is just no comptetion for them in the limited # of choices we have
I see this new change a "Buy or Buy" issue, because if you want to play standard format, you have to buy new cards (not everyone play decks with "standard" cards) and if you want to play in extended DT you have to start investing in 4* and 5* cards (wich most of them are higly expensive) since T1 seems pretty forgotten at expended room, and going with a T1 format deck vs a hand with Kolos Ghumbo Oshitsune and Ambre is a suicidal in most of ways
@Zoidberg I think you have every right to express your opinion, and I'm not even saying you're entirely wrong. Its just some of your rhetoric makes your point seems less like valid complains and more like stubborn demands.And you're certainly right about player opinion changing what UR does. After all, that's what the staff did with Standard: they presented the original format, we stated our issues with the set up, and they revised Standard quite a bit to fix may of the issues. So then to say all the changes that remain are terrible and refusing to adapt at all seems like poor form.
On a side note, I agree with the matter of a few monsters needing to be removed from Standard for the sake of balance, but when these aren't in the picture I'm finding the mode quite fun.
...whaaaat?? i've been participating in DTs every night for months... now that final exams are coming up and i won't have time to play this game for a while, you had to choose this exact moment to start giving out free Cr cards every day as prizes???? FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!! XD
...btw how can it be fair that Berzerk, Vortex and Skeelz have all of their cards allowed in standard, while All Stars only has 14 left?? and those don't include staples such as Randy or Jessie, which are definitely not OP but are essential to a balanced deck!! oh well, at least i can still use them in elo
Until * matching works, this format is essentially Type 2.
Also, there needs to be a banned list, at least Ambre, Morphun and Caelus Cr.
There are also only 6 SOA 5* in Standard: Fuzz, Cliff (conditional), Rosen, Ojibway, Gork and Wardom. Assuming * matching works, if you run all 5*, the only SOA you can expect to face is Fuzz. There are only 4 Rescue 5* in Standard, 2 2* Roots and 2 2* GHEIST. So even without his bonus, Caelus is nigh unstoppable.
Without a ban list, this format is degenerate and cannot support a wide variety of strategies.