The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12...131415161718...2425Next »

151/245
JohnnyPotts - Master - The Super-Elite Newbie Guild English
Monday 09/04/2012, 21:49

Or can we just have all of T1 and T2 back? 25* deck tournys were perfect the way they were and now everyone just runs old T2 decks for an ext tourny. Please, give us back our old formats. If there was a standard ext tourny 25 or just an ext tourny 25 would be greatly appreciated! There is no more skill in this game and it's disappointing.
152/245
JohnnyPotts - Master - The Super-Elite Newbie Guild English
Monday 09/04/2012, 21:52

Better yet, just cap the tournys to 25 and I would be happy lol...
153/245
Sambeze - Imperator - The Defenestrators English
Monday 09/04/2012, 23:40

The part I don't understand about the Standard format is why the 40 start limit? And with the 12 life and lots of overpowered cards in play, this almost makes poison cards useless, as well as cards under 4 stars, with maybe a very select few 3 star cards. Very disappointing change. Make standard 15 life to start with all this power. And FYI I cannot stand the Montana and the Uppers.
154/245
kdaawwg_LOS - Veteran English
Tuesday 10/04/2012, 02:10

Make it so that they're is an extended25 Tourney room, otherwise this update sucks, I can't even make a Rescue deck out of standard cards.
155/245
-DustStorm- - Titan - Open Casket English
Tuesday 10/04/2012, 04:30

@kdaawwg_LOS Go into T1 Extended, using a 25* deck, the quickbattle system has it so that it matches you up with similar star hands.
156/245
FoFPrinnyDood - Titan - Friends Of Fate English
Tuesday 10/04/2012, 07:45

It took some getting used to, but i'm loving this new extended tournament system! this is way better than limiting star count to 25* or 40* like before... now you can build your deck based on strategy alone! i know i was complaining at first, but i totally changed my mind!

...so, eh, what's that? standard, you say? i think i vaguely heard of it... but as far as i'm concerned it's not appealing at all, i'll just continue to play extended and forget standard even exists... mind you, that may change in the future... everything's possible!

i sympathize with those who want tournaments back in elo as well... although in my experience, elo DTs just weren't competitive compared to T1 and T2, mainly because of the longer time limit, and the fact that you were constantly facing skilled elo players who cared more for their elo ranking than for tournaments. i guess people just miss getting a free credit every 2 hours while elo-ing lol! and i can't argue with that!

just one thing: it would be nice if UR did have separate rankings for standard and extended... given the low number of players currently competing in standard, it might actually be an incentive for more people to play there lol!

also, alternating tournaments would be good... not every 2 hours like it was suggested, but every hour, so let's say at odd hours there would be tournaments in standard, and even hours would have tournaments in extended... it would also take care of the separate rankings issue.
157/245
URHunter - Titan English
Tuesday 10/04/2012, 08:13

Standard is stupid. 40* decks dominate.
158/245
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 10/04/2012, 09:30

@ 40* decks dominate.... but you dont face them unless you are running a similar deck

based on my limited experience so far with the matchmaker... it is pretty good

what standard format needs to be successful is an identity...

ELO was elo with a bit of DT and Survivor/DM options
T2 was the land of Survivor/DM and low star T2s for DT point farming
T1 was DT point farming for those wanting to run very low star counts or 25* but low average star count decks

now that we got Standard... it doesnt quite have a niche yet

ELO is still ELO minus the DT
Extended has slotted in for T2 Survivor and for both T1 and T2 when it comes to DTs/DM
Standard.... well you cant elo with it (for now... just a matter of time here folks), cant DM with it, cant survivor with it, you can DT with it... but you are unlikely to rack up points faster than competitive extended decks

Standard needs its own "thing"

Maybe the daily Cr lottery can be removed from the existing DT and be made specifically for Standard.
159/245
_wise_ - Titan - the courtyard of shadows English
Tuesday 10/04/2012, 11:03

They need to bring back all the cards, theres no point in playing standard if you cant have the luxury of using any card, or at least most of them.... i mean Roots were bad enough before standard and now i feel sick to look at them
160/245
BA_Mihir - Master English
Tuesday 10/04/2012, 12:43

Just asking...
but shouldnt there be a DM standard room as well?
i just played today against a guy with both DJ Korr Cr and Guru Cr....
and in almost every second match you play there are differetn players sporting a Jackie Cr:/
so shouldnt there be a standard room for DM also?

« Previous12...131415161718...2425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals