The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12...1819202122232425Next »

181/245
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 18/04/2012, 21:00

@XCap Wild

If you read the threads you would see there is a high level of concern and dissatisfaction. and not everyone wants to play elo
182/245
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Wednesday 18/04/2012, 22:42

@Cap WIld: and they DID touch ELO, dude! They took away DT winnings from ELO.
It's actually one of the biggest things I'm furious about. I'd like to know the justification for it, because right now it just looks like a greedy move on their part.
183/245
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 19/04/2012, 12:16

@Babs Hartley; No one played in ELO to play in DTs so its not that much of a problem.

p.s if you did play in ELO to play in a DT then why your never going to win the DT thatway.
184/245
XCap Wild - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 19/04/2012, 15:04

@Babs, yea, I guess - the credit for finishing in the top section + the 50 clintz is a nice bonus. Agressive DT players usually hit the other rooms though.
185/245
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Thursday 19/04/2012, 18:05

Looks like we have the new setup, but its hosed. It won't let me into the extended tourney room. Just keeps spinning and returning to the 'play extended' screen.
186/245
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Thursday 19/04/2012, 18:29

@UM_AaaBattery

Plenty of people played ELO while DT's were on for the double reward (IE 50+Clintz and a credit, whilst putting in there elo matches), ok so you aren't going to win the DT in ELO mode but you could still get inside the top 150 (Or at least the top third) and this was great for those that have limited playing time and aren't interested in trying to win DT's

Babs is one of these people and that is what they are talking about. The majority of people that play in a DT aren't trying to win it, I rarely try to maximise my position in a DT (Often as I can't play the whole hour but sometimes because I just fancy trying to get some missions done while the dt is on) this doesn't mean I don't want my credit and clintz! Aaa I feel you are missing the point of Babs post
187/245
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Thursday 19/04/2012, 18:39

@Battery: You don't understand. We could earn the DT credits from doing well enough in DTs while playing in ELO, which I would do on a regular basis. Don't presume so much, plz. Blanket statements like "everyone" and "no one" are gross generalizations, which are never going to hold water.
188/245
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Friday 20/04/2012, 10:25

The 50 clintz and 1 credit you could pick up playing DT in ELO room was nice... but 1300 elo gave you 10 credits.

if you are a decent ELO player you will likely be at 1300 in 60 matches or so. if in theory you played all of these matches in the ELO room during DT hours only (getting say 10 matches per hour.... you would be looking at around 6 credits i suppose. Some weeks less, some weeks more

missing out on 300 clintz and 6 creds on a weekly basis is a small hit on your clintz city income. i can see why some people might be a tad annoyed

but in the long run i think it is a good idea to separate the 2 formats. otherwise ELO becomes a triple dip or more into the prize pool (ELO prizes, possibly ELO cr lottery chance, DT prizes, DT cr lottery chance) and Babs you gotta admit that is a bit much for playing in one room. even better if you combine it now, keep it that way for a couple of months, then take it away.... could you imagine the forums then?

i want to see someone complain about the new DT prizes and how they are given out Posts about free stuff being bad are my favourite
189/245
Winter_en - Master English
Friday 20/04/2012, 11:01

When Magic:The Gathering announced that you could only use card in the last three sets for tournament play, I sold all of my cards and stopped playing that game. When AEG did the same to the Warlord game, I in turn sold those cards. Now this has come to Urban Rivals. after I sell the cards here, I will want to close my account here. is there a way to do that?
190/245
Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Friday 20/04/2012, 11:10

Winter_en: you can play all your cards in tournament, extended format. We do NOT force you to use the recent cards.

« Previous12...1819202122232425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals