The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12...1819202122232425Next »

191/245
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 20/04/2012, 17:42

@Babs Hartley: Oops I miss worded it a bit, I ment that no one played in ELO to specifically play in the Daily Tournament, It was just a small bonus which dosn't make too much difference as if you want the DT prize you can play a few fights in the DT then go back to ELO. It was nice but nothing to get angry about.
192/245
(UE)Daddy - Titan - The Unfound Effort English
Saturday 21/04/2012, 02:22

Evidently they have yet to work out the kinks in the system.

I just left a Deathmatch. Right now I'm playing with an Extended 25 (the old Type 1 for those folks who haven't made the transition) Roots deck. Not doing too badly, managing to hold my own in the match.

And then a new player joins. A player with a Nightmare deck. A playter whose hand consists of Ambre, Dudley Ld, Ghumbo, and Kolos. I lose. Badly. And when I play them a second time, they draw the same hand. And I lose again. Even worse this time.

And then I start doing the math... I'm playing a deck where my total stars don't go above 25 (and indeed only total 24). My opponent, on the other hand, managed to field 19 stars in a single hand of four cards. That means the remaining four cards in his hand have to be a 2-star, a 2-star, a 2-star - and a 1-star.

Is UR now starting to combine the two Deathmatch rooms? Or is the system freaking out and not differentiating between rooms when it comes to opponents? I think this is a problem that needs to be fixed very quickly, 'cause what's the point in playing when the system won't even work properly?
193/245
__Morrigan__ - Titan
Saturday 21/04/2012, 06:41

@(UE)Daddy:

The system no work.

Look for example in my last diary torurnament standart:

My Deck: Standart, 25 stars, No Leader

Ok start my first duel in the tournament and what find? This:

[url]http://oi41.tinypic.com/2rwayjb.jpg[/url]

Rival hand: 18 STARS + Leader

My Hand: 11 Stars No Leader.

Omg!
194/245
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 21/04/2012, 07:57

@Waster:
"free stuff"? What do you mean free stuff? Me, and the majority of the people complaining, have spent a lot of real money on this game. Money that could I could spend elsewhere, if I felt like it. Your smug, self-righteous comments do nothing but fan the flames in this discussion
195/245
(UE)Daddy - Titan - The Unfound Effort English
Saturday 21/04/2012, 12:58

@__Morrigan__:

lol! It looks a lot like my match. Yeah, they need to fix this thing, and quick.
196/245
Bagadur - Titan - Pioneers
Saturday 21/04/2012, 15:21

You just need to take full stars cards. Or think. Or change a clan. I am really love now Gork. Great card. Everybody think, it is a crap. And dying one for another. )
197/245
Bemmoth - Titan English
Saturday 21/04/2012, 21:21

Here I thought *s of hands were supposed to be balanced. My hand + 5*s =/= balanced.
198/245
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 21/04/2012, 22:36

@subclavian

People have paid money to play this game without these extra rewards before... they are nice to have
Complaining about new rewards is silly.

Or is the sense of entitlement in this generation that great that people cant even just take free stuff and move on?
199/245
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Saturday 21/04/2012, 23:25

I don't have to admit anything, Waster. lol I totally disagree with you and it seems like you're taking this a bit personally.

You talk about THIS generation's sense of entitlement. That's BS. There are ppl of all ages on this game. It's also VERY unbecoming of a MODERATOR to make generalizations about huge groups of ppl.
You do realize that you just made a totally AGEIST statement in a public forum, right? Forsooth on you.

We're not complaining about new rewards. We're complaining about old rewards being taken away, along with game modes that we LOVE being taken away, too. Subclav is right... you're just fanning the flames, dude. Please do us a favor and find a mod or admin to take part in this discussion who won't talk down to us. Thanks!

I miss T1 Deathmatch sooo much! Extended is NOT the same. They just had to infect my wonderful DM that I love sooo much!
200/245
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 21/04/2012, 23:45

@ Subclavian: Thank you!! Finally, someone who understands that what UR offers isn't just a product, it's also a service. Changes to the structure of the game, whether they are an introduction of a new game mode that's "just a little" broken, or the removal of access to a lot of free credit offers, affect the experience of the users. While I'm grateful for UR's freebies, they're not *really* free -- they keep users coming back to the site more often, encourage them to go deeper into the game, and ultimately, view more adds or spend more money. Pulling them is like pulling a low-priced, high-demand product off the shelf to artificially raise demand for a more expensive product. It's not that I miss the free video credits all that much, it's just that I'm acutely aware that it's a rather iffy business decision.

« Previous12...1819202122232425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals