The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12...1819202122232425Next »

211/245
DivaDestiny - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Wednesday 25/04/2012, 07:20

When they announced the new "star-matching" tourney system I thought it was a great idea.

Unfortunately, that is not what is happening. Instead the new system is star count+ win rate+ global deck win rate and its probably those other variables that are causing the weird match-ups. This new system is just too inscrutable for the players to understand and too complex for the developers to manage effectively.

I think that UR should just go back to the original idea of trying to match star counts and cut out this other junk.
212/245
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Friday 27/04/2012, 01:42

If you check the box on this thread to "Only show messages from the author and admins", you'll find that there is ONLY ONE POST from an admin on here. Does it make you feel like they're listening, at all? It makes me wish that I knew what the heck they were thinking about all this. Unless, of course, that one post sums up where the admins stand...

Here is the ONLY admin post on this thread:

"Fraggle - Admin - Clint Staff English
Friday 20/04, 04:10

Winter_en: you can play all your cards in tournament, extended format. We do NOT force you to use the recent cards."

213/245
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Friday 27/04/2012, 02:36

Ugh, well I just noticed the stickied Standard thread where Fraggle has been posting more. I was just following the homepage to this link. Geez...
214/245
Bagadur - Titan - The Trend
Saturday 28/04/2012, 07:48

I am little tired and going to play ELO for some time.
215/245
Melchiah 8 - Guru - Light's Hope fighters English
Monday 30/04/2012, 12:39

http://www.urban-rivals.com/standard/

See the third dot.Are they mocking us?
216/245
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Monday 30/04/2012, 21:04

THe Extended 25 room is a DM room

From what Ihear if you go in it you generally get shoved into the Extended DM room and face a whole buch of 40star decks
217/245
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 30/04/2012, 23:20

@Melchiah 8 :

"◦The list of penalty-bearing characters in DTs will be completely separate from ELO bans."

This means that player banned characters do not have an ELO penalty.
218/245
Melchiah 8 - Guru - Light's Hope fighters English
Tuesday 01/05/2012, 14:15

I just don't understand why they don't make a 25* extended room,in DT.The core of this game is the DT tournaments and ELO{at least it used to be until they removed it from the DT calculation}. Now most people play in the Fight club and DT Extended version.
Kinda lame if you ask me.I used to play mostly in ELO and T1 and now i can't play anywhere.
219/245
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 01/05/2012, 16:52

Melchiah 8: ELO hasn't changed (Not counting the removal of DT points) so you can still play it for ELO points and prizes and you can still use a T1 deck in a DT and you should play against other T1 decks.
220/245
Tonykantos - Hero - The Alliance English
Friday 04/05/2012, 14:56

@UM_AaaBattery:

-The removal of DT points was a HUGE change for ELO, you can't plain ignore that as if it were a mere anecdote.

- If you use a T1 deck in a DT, guess what? you will be facing a buttload of 35-40* decks, ( often with Leaders involved yay) and you cannot possibly win the match unless your opponent is a newb, and even then. That forces anyone who pretends to be regularly in the top 150 abuse the same overpowered decks again and again. You still face foolproof heavy star decks but at least you now have a chance to fight back that kind of crap .

The only thing I play DTs nowadays : rank 1/3rd , get free credit, get the hell out of there.
Boring gameplay and repetitive decks? No thanks, back to ELO and survivor to actually enjoy the game.

And the icing of the cake, ladies and gentlemen: I'm pretty sure this "standard format" discouraged many players to buy credits for this game. At least me, I'm not buying anymore, even if this madness ends anyday. UR staff, you failed miserably good job. I wonder if you will fire the guy who proposed this; you should

End of rant, and regards from a devoted UR player, and former customer

« Previous12...1819202122232425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals