The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12...1819202122232425Next »

221/245
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 04/05/2012, 17:45

You can still play in ELO, and Extened fourmats with you unstandard cards. If you don't want to buy them then don't play in Standard.

I don't see why people class the removal of DT points from ELO as a large change. I personally think its not, if you want the free credit play in the DT for a bit. If you don't want to play in DT then you don't want the credit that much or you complete missions.

If you play a T1 deck in a DT then you should be played against other Decks with the same ammount of *s. (sometimes it might not but this is rare and the only reason it dosn't seem rare is you remember it more then when you do against T1 decks).

p.s Befor standard it was allways the same decks aswell, at least now if you play in standard you don't have to worry about Jackie Cr e.c.t
222/245
White Templar - Hero English
Wednesday 09/05/2012, 20:07

Yeah you can play in standard just their (star matching mechanism) ain't working that great yesterday i got a total of 8 star difrence and on the other hand i don't know how hard is it to just put t1 back into the game it was one of the most played types.
And when standard came thy said they would make a room called exteended 25 or something like that being t1 in the old days. But they rather change how you scroll tough rooms than get that t1/exteended 25 room up.

And for all who say you can go and play in elo yeah you can but it's not the same with 14 life rather than 12 try to play a 2 hit junta or fang pi in 12 or 14 the 2 life make a great difrence.
223/245
Tacovendor - Imperator - the courtyard of shadows English
Thursday 10/05/2012, 04:34

@UM_aaabattery

nope no Jackie Cr but u do need to worry about Caelus Cr since he is standard format
224/245
Thursday 10/05/2012, 17:19

I don't find Caelus Cr that scare lol.
225/245
sanzo90 - Imperator - Rasta'Guild =) English
Sunday 13/05/2012, 04:34

I don't get why people complain about the tournament mode being hard to play. If you get matched with a high star deck it's only a benefit for you. I've tried to play 50 matches in extended wit a 25 star Sentinel deck worth around 15000 clintz, and the results were like this: 37 wins, 2 draws and 11 loses. All of those games were played when a tournament was up, and yes, I got paired with high star decks nearly every round(most of them using Hugo,Ambre or Eyrik). i don't find this new format a lot different. If anything it's easier to get good results with a low star count deck.
226/245
Apoc Stagborn - Senior English
Monday 10/12/2012, 08:36

Thanks for taking the worst part of Magic: The Gathering tournament play and putting it in your game, UR. Fail.
227/245
Monday 10/12/2012, 10:14

You don't have to play standard. Its just anuther game mode. If you want to you could never play standard and just play Extended.

I for one really like Standard (as well as extended) because you get a veriety of decks you wouldn't have otherwise.
228/245
Palarith - Imperator - Vicious Salvo English
Friday 21/12/2012, 13:48

Hi Hi, Returning old player.

I don't think the star matching mechanism works in Survivor Extended. I keep getting pwned by huge decks

I miss T1
229/245
Saturday 22/12/2012, 14:55

@Palarith: Hi Survivor Extended is T2.

There hasn't been a suvivor T1 only ELO and T2
230/245
damienuk - Legend - Ice Bucket Challenge English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 01:42

@um_Aaabattery i love the standard format its exiting and challenging and has made urban rivals much more enjoyable
and you dnt have 2 deal with amber koloz every round for me it is the most playable game mode urban rivals can offer at the present time

« Previous12...1819202122232425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals