The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

41/245
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 21:17

I like the collection progress bit in your own bio that is a good change. And I know some people are against the reduced timer but again a good change.

But I have to say I have lost my motivation to play this game, I am assuming the ELO banned cards are no longer a penalty in the extended room for DT's I think this is a big mistake, I know people have spent alot on them but its getting dull running into the same deck time and again, since the change I am seeing a big decrease in variety its too easy to join them. I think I will just do the LD's
42/245
Wakshaani - Titan English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 21:25

Oh man, ELO Standard? I can hear the heads 'sploding from here.

It would be *glorious*.
43/245
canopusHOA - Veteran - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 21:58

What is the chance of winning a CR. And also, wouldn`t getting in the top 150 slightly increase your chances, because each time there is one less person who has a chance? Or is it person specific, so the amount of CRs awarded varies?
44/245
Niravam - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 22:03

I hate how you they changed the packs
45/245
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 22:06

@3M1RP, if elo will always be elo, then why did they change it to make it have 14 life?

@fayzsum, wait they changed star count?
46/245
Ariosi - Imperator English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 22:09

Not sure if anyone else's spotted it, but 'standard' and 'extended'. UR following MTG now then?
47/245
PA_Decameron - Hero - Piratas do Atlântico Português
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 22:22

As it is right now, extended and standard are very similar and level 2-3 cards have become useless. This will lead to the supremacy of level 4-5 cards, with hight power, making Urban Rivals a game based on 2hit KO's and rendering many cards standard or not, useless in both formats, with the exception of ELO but most are banned.
What once was a competitive and diverse game has now become boring, very uncompetitive and redundant!
The worst change to the game, the staff could ever make!!

PS: Being a Magic The Gathering player myself, I can tell you the only thing in which these new formats are similar are in the names (standard, extended) nothing else. What applies to Magic due to the specific structure of that game, isn't applicable here, at all...
48/245
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 22:25

"Standard" was advertised as something that would be newby-friendly.
Instead it turned out to be incredibly broken - Skeelz, Berserk and Vortex kept all of their cards, including CR's and cards that were ELO banned, while everyone else was castrated down to the shell of its former self (with Roots being the worst example).
Not surprisingly, those with those rare cards are defeating other decks by the dozens, and nobody can do anything to stop them - the staples that were able to hold them back in T1 are gone from the Standard.
Decision to match up "similar star" decks was terrible as well - even one extra star can double or triple net win/lose chance - think of the difference between Uranus and Na Boh!
Coupled with the newly introduced CR card prizes for daily tournaments any chances of getting a decent place in them for the newbies are gone - now Tournaments are that much harder. Before, 180-190 points was more than enough to get into the top 150 - now even 250 won't guarantee a success.

Unless this whole mess is fixed ASAP I think I'd abandon this game - UR Staff managed to destroy the one thing that was actually fun, the Daily Tournaments...
49/245
OK Inhumane - Imperator - Organized Konfusion English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 22:40

Well, Rescue is now useless.

All of the staples are ELO banned and only one or two are standard.

Nice job, UR staff!
50/245
Android 125 - Legend English
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 23:02

Urban rivals will renamed for "Magic the gathering Online: second age"

« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals