The Standard Format

The Standard Format
Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
245 messages
The Standard Format
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 04/04/2012, 16:49

Today sees the launch of the Standard Format. This new format revolves around a list of characters that are updated every 6 months and only includes characters that were released less than 3 years before the current update (including Ld characters). Only these characters, Leader cards and characters from starter packs will be used in the Standard Format. To enable you to clearly distinguish between characters authorized in Standard Format and those which are not, we've added a special background to each character illustration, which you may have already noticed.

To find out more about the Standard Format, click here. 

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

61/245
Lord Plague - Titan - Second 2 None English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 02:25

Ok - First raising the price of a full deck pack without announcing it is kind-of crappy. But whatever, I can deal with that.

But the only way to get rare cards from extended format in a pack is now Extended or Elite packs (which are a ripoff because you cant guarantee a rare) or Titanium which is a ripoff because you get less cards/characters than if you bought six (correction, now five) full deck packs.

This need to be corrected to have some sort of equivalent of Full deck for extended format cards, or change Titanium to 40 cards with 5 guaranteed rare cards.

(And yes I realize with Titanium you get to select the clans.. but the fact is if the cards you are chasing are spread evenly over the clans then getting less cards for the same price is still operating at a loss)
62/245
Maxxor - Imperator - THE EXPLOSIVE ELITE English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 02:41

The only good thing out if this, if any, is that the staff will now know which clans need new cards
63/245
fayzsum - Imperator - Orlovi English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 02:45

@tititoro : Yup, they did. Now the lowest star count is 25* and max is 40*. U will eventually go against decks similar stars count or near it. So if u playing a 25* decks, most probably u will go against deck with 25*-27* counts. Thats why I want clarification from UR staff bout the range gap so I can maximized my decks with the range. I wouldnt want to play against a deck 1*-2* higher.
64/245
Lord Plague - Titan - Second 2 None English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 02:46

One more thing - the reduced time is horrible.

sometimes I have to submit a move 3 or 4 times before the game accepts it. With the time cut in half I now keep losing to timeout. Please correct this.
65/245
z3hro - Titan Español
Thursday 05/04/2012, 03:15

I'm now convinced this was a pretty bad change and feel the same as some one mentioned; less motivated to play this new format. As well as mostly do, I dislike the change made in packs besides plenty other. Let's hope more people are against this nonsense and things get back to how they were, cause if not I'll end up not playing at all.
66/245
R-town96 - Master - Crewww English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 03:45

I don't know who would ever even think of doing this .... This is a horrid thing of doing. I think it would be good to add the rooms... But not replacing other rooms for them... I do not like the way this has been set up... And very disappointed in U.R for this.
67/245
T-Spoon - Imperator - Aussie Uprising English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 04:18

What happened to the old saying - If it ain't broken , Don't fix it !
68/245
krisosuke - Hero - The Trend English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 04:21

Standard background is annoying
69/245
corpral19 - Senior English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 04:38

Only done to sell more cards at higher prices well done
70/245
Noss4atu - Legend - gladiators English
Thursday 05/04/2012, 04:58

I originally wasn't mad about this at all because I thought switching it up some was a good thing just to keep it interesting but now the daily tournaments (and everything else besides the specialized 25 rooms) are so dominated by people with Kolos, Ghumbo, Spyke, Jackie Cr, and all the other great overpowered cards. They mention you'll go against other decks "with similar star counts" but I do not see this being the case as I'm outmatched by 5-6 stars in virtually every fight I'm in now. TERRIBLE

« Previous12345678910...2425Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals