Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Tournaments, Standard mode, what will happen?

Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
280 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49

Hello all,

After the (chaotic) release of the Standard mode and the first feedbacks, we have taken decisions on several things we want to let your know. We think you will be satisfied with the future improvements we will add first.

• Improvement of the quickbattle system in DTs.

We already made corrections, it seems that the small decks vs big decks problem is far less met. We will keep on working on it until the partition T1/T2 is not a problem any more.

• Penalties on some characters in DTs.

The first 2 points penalties per character are already operational and you can find the list here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/help/?category=9-0
Except for Leader, for the moment there are no penalized Standard characters. It may change, we give ourselves time to analyse DTs.

• DTs divided in two.

Finally we won’t alternate DT’s. We will let you have two DTs at the same time, 1 Standard, 1 Extended. With two different rankings.

• Length of a DT shorten but increase of its frequency.

DTs length will decrease from 1 hour to 45 minutes with a 15 minutes break between each tournament and then you can play again. It means there will be 24 Standard DTs and 24 Extended DTs per day.
To prevent abuses, a limitation of 8 DT credits per day and player will be added (you will receive all other rewards if you play more than 8 DTs).

Survivor Standard and Deathmatch Standard rooms.

They will be open soon, we are working on an update of the flash game.

Questions you may want to ask:

• The number of CR remain at 5. It might change in the future.
• A PM will be sent to you each evening if you made a top 150 during the day so as to inform you if you have won a collector (or not).
• The timer will be reduced from 60 to 50 seconds again.

Have fun
« Previous12...8910111213...2728Next »

101/280
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 12/04/2012, 20:05

Waster, this post is a little bit better than your last ones in terms of accuracy, but still. I think you let fond emotions associated with UR cloud your judgment.

"I think we as a population have bought too much into the idea that businesses are serving our own individual or small group needs. Every company is offering us an illusion of choice. Ones that do it well make us feel like the choice existed... when our choices have already been determined to be well within the parameter of what they want us to do. Maybe in this case you feel UR doesnt do a good enough job hiding the illusion... it doesnt mean that choice actually existed in your dealings with other companies though."

A grand claim, with absolutely no proof. This is why your posts bother me -- you generalize way too much, and end up drawing very unlikely conclusions. Companies offer us products and services only in ways which are beneficial to them, but that does not imply lack of choice... Nor does it imply that most companies deceive us into thinking we have more choice than we do.

Regarding the free stuff, don't get me wrong, I'm on the same page as you and Zoidberg. I'm just happy that it's there. But the lack of transparency bothers me. I think it would be common courtesy for the staff to say; "hey, guys, for the good of the game's economy, we've decided to change some stuff around." UR is both a game and a service. How would you feel if your mobile phone carrier took away free minutes without notice?
102/280
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 12/04/2012, 23:51

I'm just happy that it's there..... yet post as if you arent and admits it bothers you. so obviously not.

The advertising and marketing trends for the past 15 years or so would agree with me my friend. There isnt even one bone in my body that feels the need to justify that claim because it is self evident.

Back to UR

At this point we wait, play as many games as possible, wait and see where UR takes us next. I'm out of this thread.

enjoy the games
103/280
FoFPrinnyDood - Titan - Friends Of Fate English
Friday 13/04/2012, 09:06

Hey, UR should really reconsider that -20 penalty for timeouts... i don't know what's going on, but in the last 2 hours i've experienced 3 episodes when the site seems to have gone down for a few minutes, and when it came back up i was timed out... why ruin my DT ranking because of technical problems??
104/280
Hecules - Veteran English
Friday 13/04/2012, 11:34

@FoPrinnyDood
I have the same case
105/280
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Friday 13/04/2012, 18:35

@FoFPrinnyDood

I know the -20 points was well recieved when it was introduced as it is a curtisy to finnish your games, and just letting the game time out in later rounds was a way bad losers used to delay people who beat them from getting on with their next match.

That said is it still needed with the shorter timer? I like that you have identified a problem and a potential fix, it should now be reviewed or if possible something put in to suspend it if their are site issues (Although if that is programable is way beyond me) but good post
106/280
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 13/04/2012, 20:37

Maybe 1 timeout should carry a small penalty or no penalty at all, but consecutive timeouts should? That would help keep players from being penalized for technical malfunctions, while still punishing players who like to just timeout to spite their opponents.
107/280
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Saturday 14/04/2012, 15:22

@ghelas

I like it
108/280
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Monday 16/04/2012, 13:11

And ELO decline continues: Jackpot 2556345 -> 2323909 Players 12001 -> 11299
One can really see how lack of tournament prizes slowly destroys it.
109/280
Tonykantos - Hero English
Monday 16/04/2012, 15:18

To the youngster above me:

An sporadic difference of 800 players, and you are crying to the heaven's "ELO decline continues" ?

Please, get out of the stage, Drama Queen.
-------
On-topic:
It's true that DTs are quite the joke right now with this standard system escept for those who enjoy beating the cramp out of people with T2/+35* decks.
It's also true that this system encourages real life spending money by removing ELO dts all together, and instead going for a global and unique tourney ladder, making much more scarce the jackpots and rewards ( free clintz ).

Never forget that Urvan Ribals is both game and business.

'gards
110/280
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Monday 16/04/2012, 20:43

@Tonykantos:
Fluctuation? Don't think so.
Look at longer trends:
12/03 13376 players Jackpot was 2978497
19/03 13354 players Jackpot was 2928456
26/03 13236 players Jackpot was 2892307
02/04 13065 players Jackpot was 3062327
Standard Release
09/04 12001 players Jackpot was 2556345
16/04 11299 players Jackpot was 2323909

Before the Standard Release, fluctuations were at most, 200 players a week. After the standard release there's a significant decline due to vastly reduced prizes (no credits and extra clintz from tournaments).
There's just no reason to play ELO beyond getting the basic 1050 score prize.

« Previous12...8910111213...2728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals