Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Tournaments, Standard mode, what will happen?

Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
280 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49

Hello all,

After the (chaotic) release of the Standard mode and the first feedbacks, we have taken decisions on several things we want to let your know. We think you will be satisfied with the future improvements we will add first.

• Improvement of the quickbattle system in DTs.

We already made corrections, it seems that the small decks vs big decks problem is far less met. We will keep on working on it until the partition T1/T2 is not a problem any more.

• Penalties on some characters in DTs.

The first 2 points penalties per character are already operational and you can find the list here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/help/?category=9-0
Except for Leader, for the moment there are no penalized Standard characters. It may change, we give ourselves time to analyse DTs.

• DTs divided in two.

Finally we won’t alternate DT’s. We will let you have two DTs at the same time, 1 Standard, 1 Extended. With two different rankings.

• Length of a DT shorten but increase of its frequency.

DTs length will decrease from 1 hour to 45 minutes with a 15 minutes break between each tournament and then you can play again. It means there will be 24 Standard DTs and 24 Extended DTs per day.
To prevent abuses, a limitation of 8 DT credits per day and player will be added (you will receive all other rewards if you play more than 8 DTs).

Survivor Standard and Deathmatch Standard rooms.

They will be open soon, we are working on an update of the flash game.

Questions you may want to ask:

• The number of CR remain at 5. It might change in the future.
• A PM will be sent to you each evening if you made a top 150 during the day so as to inform you if you have won a collector (or not).
• The timer will be reduced from 60 to 50 seconds again.

Have fun
« Previous12...171819202122...2728Next »

191/280
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 29/04/2012, 05:36

I for one am truly in favour of giving new people as much of a chance as possible. the most efficient use of game time UR in terms of earning clintz and credits is through DTs. Giving new players stronger starting decks addresses this. Giving new players a few more missions to earn extra credits would also work. But whatever is given to the new players CANNOT possibly be given to veteran players.

top (top 5 or even winning) DT decks can be made very cheaply. 1300 elo decks can be made for a bit more clintz. Giving new players the ability to compete in DTs and in ELO very quickly after they first join the game is a step in the right direction..
192/280
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Sunday 29/04/2012, 07:40

"the most efficient use of game time UR in terms of earning clintz and credits is through DTs."

Sir, you CAN'T be serious. Where does that come from? Personal experience? Turnabout is fair game -- I've been looking at your profile ever since you started making bizarre arguments regarding Standard, and... let's face it, you haven't played ELO in a long time.

Let's look at the facts.

1) To participate in DTs you have to play on a schedule.
2) You can't resign.
3) A couple of players dragging matches out just because they're angry they lost can cost you a lot of points.
4) You have to play consecutive matches. With ELO you have the freedom to play one or two matches when you have 5 minutes to spare.
5) Last but not least, we have no balance in DTs. The player who exploits the rules best scores highest. The low-star meta is COMPLETELY different than the high-star meta, and they're both different than the 25* meta. The matchmaking rules no longer make any sense at all. I ran a 4 3*/4 2* deck in Standard. My first 10 opponents were newbies without a clue, holding cards with no class bonus. My next 5 or 6 were level 40-60s, usually with 2 5*s in their hand.

I agree with you that new players need as much of a chance as possible.
I just don't see it happening any time soon if top-tier cards cost tens of thousands of Clintz and credits are not easily available.
193/280
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 30/04/2012, 00:56

Could the time be reduced to 45 seconds?
Would that be to low?
194/280
Gipsy Joe - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Monday 30/04/2012, 21:21

When will the matching system be fixed/improved? I'm tired of facing 4-5* cards with Leaders when using 25* decks. Using even less doesn't make too much of a difference either.
195/280
DivaDestiny - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Tuesday 01/05/2012, 07:41

@ghelas- unless I am misreading your post it doesn't look like there is any substantive disagreement.

Whether its a good use of their time or not, newbies play DTs far more than they play elo, deathmatch or survivor. It would be nice if they had a chance to at least get the one credit.

More missions, better starter decks might be a move in the right direction. It would also reduce the price of playable cards.
196/280
Tuesday 01/05/2012, 08:46

Nah divadestiny the best use of time to gain credits and clintz isnt to play the most efficient clintz and credit earning format that the game has...

the best use of time is to actually not play, just log on each day and hope you get 15 free credits from 15 videos.... more would be better. use creds to buy cards and sell on market... rinse and repeat for eternity.

more or less the number #1 advise to new people for raising clintz and credits is to play DT and unlock the market as soon as possible to play the market.... but apparently thats doesnt work
197/280
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Tuesday 01/05/2012, 18:13

Actually, I've seen the error of my ways. With ONLY 747 currently available characters and 62 CRs, and ONLY 4 characters coming out every two weeks, there is a real and serious risk that people getting credits through videos would complete the entire collection in a couple of weeks, get bored, and leave! Never mind the fact that good non-CR cards can cost up to 80k or more, and that a typical Extended pack yields 2-3k and costs 20 credits, that threat is very, VERY real.

Just think of how much more rewarding it is, especially for new players, to spend 6 months grinding until they have enough cards in a couple of clans to compete with. Surely they will only gain a deeper appreciation for the game, and not feel the least bit frustrated at all. And if they can't take a heat, there is an alternative -- just shell out more money than you would on an MMO subscription, and you'll gain back that winning edge!!

Let's also forget the fact that DTs are a horrible mess right now, and that the more you win, the better your chances are of running into a very high-level player with a very expensive high-star deck that will stomp you straight into the ground! After all, our grandparents had to walk 5 miles up hill in the snow just to get to school.* What better way to honor them than to make our favorite game almost impossible for new players?

*Dear Waster, this is not a Canadian joke. I'm Russian.
198/280
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 02/05/2012, 21:02

@Ghales

What we really need is the staff to work on a community event rather than the fundemental problems of the game such as

The opponent selector not working
The heavey bias against newbies (Although the free solo missions are their best bet)
The lack of variety
The pointlessness of the Standard room when so many more poeple play extended where it is so much easier to point score and all the other problems are worse.

Nope all this is nothing if only they can release a community event that will need to be changed one day in as the goals are unachievable!

Why aren't all these side projects put on hold until the rest is sorted out, especially if this is a new clan it will make standard worse with an even bigger bias away from the old clans. Unless drastic action is taken (and many good suggestions have been made on how to improve this format) then standard needs to be scrapped as the failure it is, along with the complete failure that is the opponent selector
199/280
Wednesday 02/05/2012, 22:31

@zoidberg

- What we really need is the staff to work on a community event rather than the fundemental problems of the game such as

I agree. A staff run event using Standard would be good. New people only events would also be good.

- The opponent selector not working

this is casual observations... it is a line or a few lines of code that is mathematically making the matches... ill bet my entire collection that unless they messed up a number in that code... the match maker is working as designed. I've had my 27 star deck run into 18-19 star hands. that seems really unfair especially if i get a 12 star hand. But without knowing what the other 4 cards my opponent is running... then i have no idea whether or not the match make is working "properly"

even if he is running a 35-36 star deck.... vs my 27 star deck. that is a less than a 5 star difference for each hand. not as big of a mismatch as it initially appears. Plus, taking down big hands is the way to go. 26-27 star decks were originally made viable because they could take down 40 star decks. not a bad thing. 16 star decks were viable because you wanted to take down 25 star decks with them. taking down big hands is how to do well in DTs.

run some tests and track the statistics.... ive run full DTs and most of the time my average star count is within 5 of the opponents hand. ive seen 6 a couple of times. the matchmaker is also very slow when DTs are small.... that makes sense as it tries to match you up with a comparable deck. i cant comment yet, but the matchmaker i would assume works much better when there are 3000+ players playing.

but without the complete stats we cant say for certain that we are not just picking up the notable cases of star mismatch.

-- The heavy bias against newbies (Although the free solo missions are their best bet)

yes more solo missions for them. events would help. a competitive room only for new people with minor prizes also works. a move away from older cards (which has been initiated somewhat) is also a step in that direction.

-- The lack of variety

not sure what you mean... a bit of a broad comment

-- The pointlessness of the Standard room when so many more poeple play extended where it is so much easier to point score and all the other problems are worse.

agreed. standard needs that balance tweak and a niche of its own.
200/280
0 Pride - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 02/05/2012, 23:43

When this will be implemented?

« Previous12...171819202122...2728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals