Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Tournaments, Standard mode, what will happen?

Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
280 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49

Hello all,

After the (chaotic) release of the Standard mode and the first feedbacks, we have taken decisions on several things we want to let your know. We think you will be satisfied with the future improvements we will add first.

• Improvement of the quickbattle system in DTs.

We already made corrections, it seems that the small decks vs big decks problem is far less met. We will keep on working on it until the partition T1/T2 is not a problem any more.

• Penalties on some characters in DTs.

The first 2 points penalties per character are already operational and you can find the list here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/help/?category=9-0
Except for Leader, for the moment there are no penalized Standard characters. It may change, we give ourselves time to analyse DTs.

• DTs divided in two.

Finally we won’t alternate DT’s. We will let you have two DTs at the same time, 1 Standard, 1 Extended. With two different rankings.

• Length of a DT shorten but increase of its frequency.

DTs length will decrease from 1 hour to 45 minutes with a 15 minutes break between each tournament and then you can play again. It means there will be 24 Standard DTs and 24 Extended DTs per day.
To prevent abuses, a limitation of 8 DT credits per day and player will be added (you will receive all other rewards if you play more than 8 DTs).

Survivor Standard and Deathmatch Standard rooms.

They will be open soon, we are working on an update of the flash game.

Questions you may want to ask:

• The number of CR remain at 5. It might change in the future.
• A PM will be sent to you each evening if you made a top 150 during the day so as to inform you if you have won a collector (or not).
• The timer will be reduced from 60 to 50 seconds again.

Have fun
« Previous12345678910...2728Next »

21/280
0 Cthulhu - Titan - E X C A L I B U R Español
Friday 06/04/2012, 05:57

Ohh, instead of making unnecessary changes i think you have to fix the bugs in the game, also misspellings that i see very often in at least in two languages
i really thought leave the game when i saw 3 misspellings in my native language (Spanish)
22/280
FoFPrinnyDood - Titan - Friends Of Fate English
Friday 06/04/2012, 06:14

I think it would be really nice if UR would put the list of penalized characters in the game rules section... i think the reason why we still see those characters in DT all the time is because people just don't KNOW that these characters have penalties, because there's nothing about it in the game rules... and btw, are Hugo and Ambre penalized in extended DT only, or in standard as well? that would be nice to know...

and about this list... is there an explanation why Nellie, Zatman and Mona would be penalized, while Caelus Cr and Spyke are not? i mean, it's bad enough that they dominate standard, without having to deal with them in extended as well!

and there are other blatant oversights in this list, where are Lamar Cr, Tanaereva Cr, emeth, Sigma... the list goes on.
23/280
Haruka-WMd - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 06/04/2012, 07:12

Whats up with the CRs? When I check my DT history, there are no CRs available to the top 150 finishers. Is that still continuing? Can we get a list of people who win CRs? Also, supposedly there are two DTs with separate rankings. How do I see these rankings? All I can find are the ranks for the DT I played in.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/tournaments/history/?page=4
Has CRs.

http://www.urban-rivals.com/game/tournaments/history/?page=3
Does not have CRs. Whats up with that?
24/280
0 Anderson - Titan English
Friday 06/04/2012, 09:35

I hope the Crs are held back.. We already have 12 a week from ELO, 5 more a day is kind of ridiculous...
25/280
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Friday 06/04/2012, 10:35

The banned cards need to be changed,

Instead of the few we have (Some of whih make no sense) I would suggest a starting point off the perma banned charectors in ELO.
26/280
nnjabanditpig - Veteran - War Party English
Friday 06/04/2012, 11:29

Half of the banned characters in elo are useless in dt. The new ones seem reasonably fair, except maybe Alec Cr
27/280
PermanatorWMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 06/04/2012, 15:12

Anyways, standard and extended...FAIL. Big time!
28/280
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Friday 06/04/2012, 16:24

If you are going to run the shorter timer, it's probably time to review the timeout penalty. I can tell you that on iOS the warning comes with only about 5 seconds which is far too late. Other players ability to "Slow Roll" you is greatly diminished with the new timer. One timeout is pretty much tournament death. Changing the penalty to 0 as opposed to -20(which is really still minus the 3 to 11 points you would accrue in a typical loss instead of the minus 30) may prevent a simple error from destroying 45 minutes of work.
29/280
Haruka-WMd - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 06/04/2012, 17:26

Ok, the CRs are back on the DT history pages. And I can see who won CRs when I go to yesterday's DTs. Awesome, thanks.

If UR staff is still taking suggestions , I'd like to suggest some directions. Standard is supposed to make things more fair for un-entrenched players, newbies, people who haven't sunk $$$$ into their collections. But they are still competing with ultra-competitve players for top prizes. It's not that fun. It's actually quite a lot of work. Can't wait for 45 minute tournaments.

I wish though, the pool of players who want CRs were separated from the pool of players who want clintz. The 150th spot went from 150ish BP to 225 BP during the 9 PM west coast US timezone. WTF! Right now UR plays like a game of attrition.

If we have two simultaneous DTs where one won CR lottery spots and one won Clintz... you would double the number of players who "won" something. And you would force players to make choices.

I'm going to assume UR needs to generate more income from its dedicated fanbase. That's how Wizards of the Coast stays in business, since Magic has not become a household game. And lets face it, UR is a business. So I suggest if you don't have stars, you can't play in one type of tournament. And with that, you make an honest transition to income generation instead of feeling around for strategies that *may* improve sales, to something that rewards people who continue to invest in the UR company.
30/280
0nly 0n3 (BZ) - Titan English
Friday 06/04/2012, 19:43

I think the limit to only receive the credits for 8 DTs is smart way to prevent abuse. However, why not limit it to 12 DTs? Like before the update, there were only 12 Daily tournaments. So players could earn 12 credits maximum like before. BUT i really like the idea of having DT's technically 24 hours a day (with that 15 minute break) so that we dont have to be guessing when the next DT is in case life gets in the way of playing. Sometimes I'm only free to play on an hour that there's no DT. this could definitely help a lot of players to play. After all, we can still play the tourneys for clintz or just for fun!

« Previous12345678910...2728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals