Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Tournaments, Standard mode, what will happen?

Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
280 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49

Hello all,

After the (chaotic) release of the Standard mode and the first feedbacks, we have taken decisions on several things we want to let your know. We think you will be satisfied with the future improvements we will add first.

• Improvement of the quickbattle system in DTs.

We already made corrections, it seems that the small decks vs big decks problem is far less met. We will keep on working on it until the partition T1/T2 is not a problem any more.

• Penalties on some characters in DTs.

The first 2 points penalties per character are already operational and you can find the list here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/help/?category=9-0
Except for Leader, for the moment there are no penalized Standard characters. It may change, we give ourselves time to analyse DTs.

• DTs divided in two.

Finally we won’t alternate DT’s. We will let you have two DTs at the same time, 1 Standard, 1 Extended. With two different rankings.

• Length of a DT shorten but increase of its frequency.

DTs length will decrease from 1 hour to 45 minutes with a 15 minutes break between each tournament and then you can play again. It means there will be 24 Standard DTs and 24 Extended DTs per day.
To prevent abuses, a limitation of 8 DT credits per day and player will be added (you will receive all other rewards if you play more than 8 DTs).

Survivor Standard and Deathmatch Standard rooms.

They will be open soon, we are working on an update of the flash game.

Questions you may want to ask:

• The number of CR remain at 5. It might change in the future.
• A PM will be sent to you each evening if you made a top 150 during the day so as to inform you if you have won a collector (or not).
• The timer will be reduced from 60 to 50 seconds again.

Have fun
« Previous12...2122232425262728Next »

221/280
BZwade15 - Veteran English
Saturday 05/05/2012, 19:53

I just wanna know if type 1 and type 2 will ever come back if not both at least 1 im not playing nearly as much as i used 2 the crazy thing is i want 2.......
222/280
JohnnyPotts - Master - The Super-Elite Newbie Guild English
Saturday 05/05/2012, 23:50

T1 decks are still getting versed by t2 decks fwi
223/280
Meelosh - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 06/05/2012, 03:20

Http://prntscr.com/8wux5
This is starting to be very frustrating, and I might even stop playing this game if matchmaking is not fixed soon.
I am NOT a masochist!!!

Fraggle, you said that "the avg stars is a simple way to start somewhere...". Why don't you simply set that player can be put up against a player with +-3 stars in the deck, and from there you can go on to other, LESS important things such as "global deck winrate" or whatever... Let's be honest, this game is not a rocket science. I can be put up against a noob, but if he has 10 stars more in his hand, there is NO WAY I can win... Just look at that screenshot... What kind of broken matchmaking algorithm is that???
224/280
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Sunday 06/05/2012, 21:36

@meelosh

ouch. yep i think UR needs to keep it on the star difference system for a while instead of win rate etc. If it goes beyond star difference, the next step should be DT score, that way the top people are more likely facing each other towards the end and it will make moderate/higher starred lower scoring deck punish those high scoring lower starred decks. It would be a nice shift of meta as those who start fast can be caught later on. would lead to some risky deck switching.... definitely would make DTs more interesting.. wont change who is successful though... good players will always do well regardless of what happens
225/280
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Monday 07/05/2012, 13:08

@wasteroftime

I think if we have a better fairer system it opens up the chance of winning DT's to more people rather than a few, under the old system I won one DT in the 3 years I had been playing (OK I rarely play to win, usually I look to make some headway in missions as well as placing for a decent clint pay out, or even just a credit when I can't play the whole DT) but the point is under the old system it was possible for me to win DT's under this system it isn't.

@Meelosh
I am adding your screen print to my contact to UR over how the opponent selector doesn't work as I have been facing much the same.
226/280
FearOfSleep - Hero - Immortality English
Tuesday 08/05/2012, 17:24

Can you work on puting decks with about the same stats togheter like t1 and t2, cuz I just cant win agains 40stars with my 25stars deck
227/280
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Tuesday 08/05/2012, 19:22

@Meelosh:
ouch.. I feel your pain..
few days ago, fought some absolutely ridiculous decks
such as a deck with Askai and Hopper Ld (and other 2 big cards), Melinda with Stella, etc
and also, it seems they got really lucky when against me
I fought many battles (around 6 battles?) against Leader
OMG, I'm using a T1 deck, not to fight against full GHEIST + Eyrik
or Jungo + Bridget
or a random deck + Hugo / Ambre

what annoys me the most is that they are mocking us for losing against their 25*+ deck
one player (low level), winning against me, but always waiting till the last second for round 2, 3 and even 4!
it's like: I will punish you if you win, I will make you embarrassed if you lose, no right answer to this thing
you know, I will come back with my Sakrohm Ulu Watu + Ambre and obliterate any noob with their "big" deck
228/280
FearOfSleep - Hero - Immortality English
Tuesday 08/05/2012, 21:51

I hate that shit to! And I really miss t1 =(. It was plain better and more tactical. And gave noobs(like me =P) more chance at DT.
229/280
-sharki- - Senior English
Wednesday 09/05/2012, 12:20

To be honest today I played in 3 DT and at least 1/3 of my fights were with ppl who had 7*-10* more on their hand... Most used Ambre or Hugo... I play with 25 * deck and how the hell am I supposed to win against someone who have 18-20* stars oon hand while I only have 10-13 * ?
There should be 2 romms like Extendet 25 * ( T1 ) and Extended ( T2).

Besides I don't get why there is no DT in the ELO rooms now. It was the best way to room since you could use any deck and gain 1300 elo , gain credits and use some new cards. Not only stample decks like in T1 or T2
230/280
azizidit - Novice English
Thursday 10/05/2012, 07:22

« Previous12...2122232425262728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals