Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Tournaments, Standard mode, what will happen?

Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
280 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49

Hello all,

After the (chaotic) release of the Standard mode and the first feedbacks, we have taken decisions on several things we want to let your know. We think you will be satisfied with the future improvements we will add first.

• Improvement of the quickbattle system in DTs.

We already made corrections, it seems that the small decks vs big decks problem is far less met. We will keep on working on it until the partition T1/T2 is not a problem any more.

• Penalties on some characters in DTs.

The first 2 points penalties per character are already operational and you can find the list here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/help/?category=9-0
Except for Leader, for the moment there are no penalized Standard characters. It may change, we give ourselves time to analyse DTs.

• DTs divided in two.

Finally we won’t alternate DT’s. We will let you have two DTs at the same time, 1 Standard, 1 Extended. With two different rankings.

• Length of a DT shorten but increase of its frequency.

DTs length will decrease from 1 hour to 45 minutes with a 15 minutes break between each tournament and then you can play again. It means there will be 24 Standard DTs and 24 Extended DTs per day.
To prevent abuses, a limitation of 8 DT credits per day and player will be added (you will receive all other rewards if you play more than 8 DTs).

Survivor Standard and Deathmatch Standard rooms.

They will be open soon, we are working on an update of the flash game.

Questions you may want to ask:

• The number of CR remain at 5. It might change in the future.
• A PM will be sent to you each evening if you made a top 150 during the day so as to inform you if you have won a collector (or not).
• The timer will be reduced from 60 to 50 seconds again.

Have fun
« Previous12...2122232425262728Next »

241/280
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Friday 11/05/2012, 19:18

Correction to my first thread it was tuesday not wednesday I played those matches.

After that I got so fed up with the matchmaker I stopped playing
242/280
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Sunday 13/05/2012, 03:29

Wow, fought many crazy decks, but it seems my opponents are on meth, so none of them win except 1 (out of 18 battles)

sometimes the battle is just looks impossible to win. they have very good high star deck (even though most of them are low leveled player, ranging from 15+ ish to 34 (only 1 at level 54))
some of them are rubbish, but some of them are pretty well equipped:
Askai, Eduardo, Nahema, Bridget
Askai, Gerald, Hopper Ld, Troompah
Arnie, Gatline, Chiro, Timber
Bryan, Dugan, ed12, Naginata
Hammer, Sigurd, Hugo, Nympheea
Eyrik, Cley, Damian, Eloxia

IMO, it is so unfair to have 7* differences in DRAW (10* for me, 17* for them)
my opponents are low level players so they make many mistakes (like 1 pillz Askai vs Samantha, or accidentally 0 pillz Chiro when I was 100% lose if he full pillz his Chiro, etc)
but I am sure I will lose against high level players with high star deck
243/280
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Sunday 13/05/2012, 03:34

And, just wondering, if I reach position 61, is there any chance for me to win big CR?
is it totally random or only certain position in DT will have chance to get higher cr?
for example 120-150 chance to get the smallest cr (today the smallest is Jim Cr)
while 1-30 can get the biggest cr (for example today, DJ Korr Cr)
244/280
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 13/05/2012, 09:19

When is this going to be in effect?
245/280
Tuesday 15/05/2012, 21:53

Had a message from UR (In reply to some screen shots I sent them showing extremely one sided games)

They advised that the developers are aware the opponent selector does not work and are working to fix it.

No idea when it will be sorted so I guess its wait and see if it happens
246/280
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 16/05/2012, 10:12

That's promising news, at least.
247/280
ON_Ragnarok - Titan - Carry ON Português
Thursday 17/05/2012, 17:36

So something that has a huge impact and relevance in competetive play and distribuition of high end prizes (CRs) was released broken and will continue to be so until they "fix it", instead of taking it down and returning to the old way until it works?
248/280
Friday 18/05/2012, 19:18

@ ON_Ragnarok

Yes that is the way they have done it
249/280
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 18/05/2012, 22:40

If anything, the match selector is getting worse! (Guys, it's ALIVE! It's LEARNING!!!1 Maybe they're trying to shut it down, but it's OUTSMARTING them?!!1)

I ran into a 16* hand with 8* in Extended DT today -- Slimman, Kristin, Kalder and Bridget against my Magda, Harleen, Aleister, and WoodXsxt. I happened to win that one, because the player was very inexperienced and opened with Slimman, whom I easily beat with a much lower pilled Magda. Screenshot is available on request.

I'd just like to ask, who is this good for?

The inexperienced players getting crushed by skilled players running 16*s are probably utterly demoralized.
The experienced players whose winning streaks are ended by a hopeless newbie who managed to accidentally pill a big card right are probably very frustrated when that happens. (I know I am!)

This kind of handicap wouldn't fly in any other competitive game.
I mean, if something of this sort were to happen in World of Warcraft, the sheer volume of player outrage would cause the changes to be reverted overnight. But we're not the WoW community, we're the UR community. When a ridiculously bad change happens, for some reason we prefer to argue about it, rather than rally together to make a fuss so it gets fixed faster....

It would be kind of cool if we could start a petition, or just pick a day that we could ALL send emails to the admins... Is anyone in support of that?
250/280
FoFPrinnyDood - Titan - Friends Of Fate English
Sunday 20/05/2012, 04:00

Jeez, what's wrong with the site? how are we supposed to play DT like this? i stopped playing at 6:50 after i got a time out, and my rank actually went UP during the last 10 minutes of that tournament lol!

it seems to have gotten somewhat better now, but still lagging... it would be nice to know what's going on, and when we can expect this to be fixed... as if there weren't enough issues already!

« Previous12...2122232425262728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals