Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Tournaments, Standard mode, what will happen?

Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49
Euzebe - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
280 messages
Euzebe - Legend English - Thursday 05/04/2012, 16:49

Hello all,

After the (chaotic) release of the Standard mode and the first feedbacks, we have taken decisions on several things we want to let your know. We think you will be satisfied with the future improvements we will add first.

• Improvement of the quickbattle system in DTs.

We already made corrections, it seems that the small decks vs big decks problem is far less met. We will keep on working on it until the partition T1/T2 is not a problem any more.

• Penalties on some characters in DTs.

The first 2 points penalties per character are already operational and you can find the list here: http://www.urban-rivals.com/help/?category=9-0
Except for Leader, for the moment there are no penalized Standard characters. It may change, we give ourselves time to analyse DTs.

• DTs divided in two.

Finally we won’t alternate DT’s. We will let you have two DTs at the same time, 1 Standard, 1 Extended. With two different rankings.

• Length of a DT shorten but increase of its frequency.

DTs length will decrease from 1 hour to 45 minutes with a 15 minutes break between each tournament and then you can play again. It means there will be 24 Standard DTs and 24 Extended DTs per day.
To prevent abuses, a limitation of 8 DT credits per day and player will be added (you will receive all other rewards if you play more than 8 DTs).

Survivor Standard and Deathmatch Standard rooms.

They will be open soon, we are working on an update of the flash game.

Questions you may want to ask:

• The number of CR remain at 5. It might change in the future.
• A PM will be sent to you each evening if you made a top 150 during the day so as to inform you if you have won a collector (or not).
• The timer will be reduced from 60 to 50 seconds again.

Have fun
« Previous12...67891011...2728Next »

81/280
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 11/04/2012, 15:28

So much for this part i guess:
No trying to be smarter than the other guy.

When internet discussions turn into people trying to show that they have more acronyms of some sort in front of their names it becomes a waste of time on everyone's part.

People start to dig and say that X point is more important than Y point. They get preoccupied with why X is better and actually lose sight of ideas that are in common. The common ground is lost and proving that Y and the person that says Y is an uneducated fool becomes more important.

Does stadard need adjustment? yes ofcourse it does. Does it need more incentive? ofcourse it does. But some people will be convinced that only X is correct and to even consider that Y is a possibility is and those who think Y is off their rockers.
82/280
Hecules - Veteran - The Alliance English
Wednesday 11/04/2012, 16:27

I wanna ask why remove elo from DT
83/280
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Wednesday 11/04/2012, 17:10

Waster, I am not by any means trying to pick an "internet smart fight" with you. I have zero acronyms in front of my name. To me, this argument is just about things that are obviously true and obviously not true. If you were telling people that the red traffic light means "go," I'd try to correct you for the same reason.

-Standard is clearly an inferior mode. Why? It has a card selection that makes no sense.
-Rewards do not define a mode. No matter how we changed rewards for Standard and ELO, all we would be proving is that, guess what, people like rewards.
-Shuffling rewards around to get players into a room with a different set of rules seems really heavy-handed, and players do not tend to like it.
-It's bad for the whole game when players feel that they're being (pick your favorite: coerced, forced, manipulated, strongly encouraged) to do things they have less fun doing.
84/280
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 11/04/2012, 17:17

"But some people will be convinced that only X is correct and to even consider that Y is a possibility is and those who think Y is off their rockers." -wasteroftime describeing both sides of this arguement.

Why is no one noticing that even a mod is against the current standard? The standard he(/she)'s probably paid, or at least suggested, to support.

...Do mods get paid?
85/280
RurouniTenshi - Senior - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Wednesday 11/04/2012, 17:43

Why doesnt elo count as DT :O?
86/280
Ecna - Senior English
Wednesday 11/04/2012, 18:09

@wasteroftime - it would help if you stopped suggesting people, that deep down they agree with you, they just don't know what they're saying. Just a hint

While we do agree that Standard needs to stand out more, we don't agree about just everything else.
- You want Standard to dominate, or even (in case of DT) replace Extended. But most people don't want that. Not because it's new, but because they feel it's inferior.
- You found your argument on DT participation as it is now, ignoring that after the solutions presented by Admins take place, it will change
- While you are right to the extent about ALL the formats being "forced" on players, it doesn't mean that this is the only way to go. Nor that it is a best way to go. So far you have ridiculed the notion of "choice" between different formats (like Standard and Extended for DT), but without any hint of evidence that it would be a bad thing. And making a system where i.e. you get a 1000 clintz in Standard, and 100 in Extended (which is basically what you propose) is not really a choice, rather a mocking of it. Why the hell should I be "forced" (or compelled, persuaded... whatever) to playing something that is worse?

Many people (myself included) are completly for Standard, want it to grow and evolve into something worth playing. But not at a price of getting rid of Extended completly. That I think was pretty well established in previous topics and that's why Admins changed their initial proposal very much.
87/280
Ecna - Senior English
Wednesday 11/04/2012, 18:12

P.S. Oh, and also saying that you should first get people to play a format and then repair it seems a little flawed. Yeah, let's all jump into a boat and then we can start worrying if it will swim...
88/280
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 11/04/2012, 20:21

@wasteroftime

I think you are getting a bad reception down to the way you are stating your arguement and in particular the word forced, its just such a negative word.

Personally I think we should scrap Standard as it will always be inferior to the old T1 format (My opinion and others are welcome to disagree). But lets assume that UR are not preparred to agree with me, but are preparred to accept what everyone is saying in that standard doesn't work in its current format.

So lets be positive and try to show how it can be improved:
First we need to identify the problems:
Some clans are unplayable due to lack of options in cards
Some Clans are overpowered as they came out in the last 3 years
Its bad for new players as the same few dominant cards dominate the format and they are well out of the price range of new players.
All of this leads to a real lack of variety in the format with the same few clans coming up every game, and people playing in exactly the same format. (THis will be even worse with the release of the next LD.
There is no reason to play the format.

So how is this improved on
Step 1:
I would Suggest you scrap the 3 years of cards as a starting point and go for a minimum of 16 cards from each clan. THe cards need to give balance and not just the latest released. Cards also need to be included to emphasise the clans attributes eg Piranas have pill manipulation. This will allow variety of play and balance of clans.
Step 2:
See next post
89/280
Zoidberg1 - Legend - the courtyard of shadows English
Wednesday 11/04/2012, 20:33

From last post

Step 2:
I would suggest changing the LD's to be awarded for something like completing all the other clan missions, maybe add a standard room related mission to each clan to incentivise players to play in Standard mode. LD's are going to be aweful in the Standard format everyone will be playing with the same deck, it needs change in my opinion.

Step 3:
With putting the DT's every hour I have no objection to switching from one hour in Extended and the next in Standard. Maybe having the CR's for getting in the top 150 split between the 2 rooms. This will also allow poeple who want a casual game while taking their time to go in the non DT room and maybe just work on a mission or 2.

I would love to hear some other suggestions for improvement

And wasteroftime you are one of our mods, you have more voice with UR than us mere players so please do whatever you can to put any posotive and potentially helpful suggestions to those that can do something about them.

Step 1 of my sugggestions will take some work to perfect but is really needed as you can use it to make the room much fairer and more competative by removing expensive and overpowered cards like Caelus, Spike and Askai along with the leaders, more fun and cheaper for the new players
90/280
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 12/04/2012, 02:09

@zoidberg..

possibly one of the best posts on this thread so far

identifies problems.... proposes possible solutions... and acknowledges that solutions proposed are not perfect but is probably an improvement from the current situation.

far more constructive than theses posts: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Rage quit!!!

« Previous12...67891011...2728Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals