Berzerk: What they need to survive

Friday 18/05/2012, 07:12
ghelas - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
22 messages
ghelas - Titan - The TrendEnglish - Friday 18/05/2012, 07:12

Berzerk is by far not a bad clan, but let's face it... Their special sauce is Spyke. I assume that he'll get perma-banned from ELO sooner or later. With the arrival of the Frozn, Berzerk are bound to get much less attention... Unless they get a few great cards over the next couple of months, they run the risk of being dismissed as another unremarkable +damage clan as soon as Spyke's ban comes.

Let's talk about what Berzerk need!

-A good Spyke replacement: a heavy-hitting 4* card that's hard to justify throwing a lot of pills against it is a must for Berzerk. I would love to see a 7/5 Defeat: +3 Life or a 7/5 Attack +9 fill his spot.
-Better Defeat/Revenge synergy: Berzerk have some excellent Defeat cards, and I think there was a rather lackluster attempt to make a couple of good Revenge cards that played well with those...
Ranesh's 6 power isn't scaring anybody. Uma may look good on paper, but in reality, her 8 damage isn't that big a deal because it can't be used 1st turn, and has a min. It would be nice to see something more solid. How about a low-* defeat card with 8 power? Maybe a high-* card with Revenge: +1 Life per damage?
-Round winners: It would be great to see something with stats comparable to Ralph/Radek and maybe another good attack manip card to help round the clan out.
-Backlash: Just one good card with min 3 life on the backlash would be nice!

I'd like to hear from the ELO experts. What do you think Berzerk need to keep up in ELO?
« Previous123Next »

11/22
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 20/05/2012, 11:41

I find copairing cards to cards in other clans never works as you have to take into consideration the other cards in the clans and their bonus e.c.t befor you can work out how good cards are.

E.G. a 8/8 might seem powerful but if the rest of the clan is 1/1 no ability cards then theres not much use in the 8/8 but if the cards a 7/7 or 7/6 but the other clan cards are powerful then the 7/7 is good.
12/22
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Friday 25/05/2012, 07:56

If a good player can run anything into at least 1350s, then I guess there are only about 200 good players out of the 12,000 that play ELO.
13/22
0 Atlas - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 25/05/2012, 11:12

Berserk is pretty good on their own, Spyke is a mistake he would get banned as 5* card too, if we would have more cards like him we could run "bunch of op cards" deck with no consideration to bonus.

Berserk don't need saving.

What about other clans that don't get used or even the one suffering from exactly the same problem 1 often banned card Uranus but actually lack the card strength to back it up if she is gone.
14/22
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 25/05/2012, 11:49

Eh, I'd say the number's probably a bit higher than that by the end of the week...
Anyway, I wasn't trying to say that people who make 1300+ are "bad" players. The terms are relative here. 1400+ is a player with a fair bit of expertise, 1300+ is still something to be proud of, 1200+ means you're on the right track.

Back to the topic, though. Does anyone else feel that Berzerk are a bit lacking without old Spyke around?
15/22
Sunday 23/12/2012, 07:54

Necro to say "I called it." Berzerk still have a good half deck, especially with Sprinter here, yadda yadda, but you see them about as often as Ulu Watu and Junta.
16/22
awilly - Hero - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 31/12/2012, 04:41

4*
7/4
-4 Damage min. 1
17/22
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Monday 31/12/2012, 05:18

Elvis, Lola, Kostner, Melanie make for a mean half-deck. That being said, Qubik, Tremorh, Ramona, Flanagan outshine it in almost every way.
18/22
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Monday 31/12/2012, 11:34

Kostner is crap.
@awilly bad suggestion 4*s reducers are usually bad. and 7 power is pretty bad with no support.

without Spyke they are pretty much almost unusable. they need a good 3* or 5*. personally, Cortez does not cut it, kinda a bad card i donnt care if he is 8/8 backlash and bad bonus = bad. might even take Taylor over him. they need something that has -2 life min 0 without stupid stop.
19/22
Monday 31/12/2012, 20:22

The bottom line is, they're a +gap clan that isn't +life, and doesn't help KO. Berzerk and Frozn are tied for the worst bonus in game, as far as I'm concerned. With their gap being hard-capped the way it is, they deserve a few card that win rounds a little bit better than a typical +damage clan so they can compete with power and attack manip clans. As things stand now, they have to fight them at a disadvantage that a strong 2-round victory can't make up.
20/22
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 01/01/2013, 04:19

@ghelas Skeelz 's bonus imo is the worst lol.

going a bit off topic, but Frozn would have been usable if more defeat cards were introduced. problem is that drawing 2-4 revenge cards in one hand is just utterly pathetic. as of now, I think that UR thinks that their clan bonus is ABOVE AVERAGE, hence releasing crappy cards compared to the meta. look at their 4 stars, Tsuka is the best one but what is she compared to something like Zinfrid?? and Zinfrid is not even a good card.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals