Let's talk about Roots

Let's talk about Roots
Monday 04/06/2012, 18:21
ghelas - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
Let's talk about Roots
ghelas - Admin - The TrendEnglish - Monday 04/06/2012, 18:21

I hear a lot of people complaining about Roots. All. The. Time. "Roots haven't had a good release in so long, Roots are an outdated clan, Roots are useless now that Arno is banned..." Quite frankly, I find it confusing.

The way I see it, Roots are a top-notch ELO clan. They still have Yookie and Jeena (I don't think I need to explain how powerful SoA DRs are, do I?) a whole lot of solid 3* cards, and a couple of bruisers that could single-handedly determine the course of the game by winning any round (Gretchen, Ojibway.) All they need is any good 2* DR splashed instead of Arno... In fact, I think the fact that more people are figuring this out is the only reason Spiaghi is banned so often these days!

My question is, are these complaints just coming from players that don't know their way around ELO, or is there some legitimacy to them?
« Previous12Next »

11/19
owButtacup Ld - Veteran - ONE WORLD English
Saturday 09/06/2012, 03:33

As far as I know, most of the 3 and 4 star Roots that aren't banned are doing well in ELO .
12/19
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Monday 11/06/2012, 13:32

Correct but I like Aladdinanoid's comment about predictability
hit the nail on the head!
13/19
4evrafterlife - Senior English
Tuesday 12/06/2012, 01:23

All points about Roots being old and same and all that ar valid as for the playability they are extremely playable IF u know how to play unpredictable cause Roots have been played so long the trick is really which strategy to use this round. when mastered they are strong but i find they can take a good deal of getting used to. the fact they are overly balanced is imo their biggest issue. u get to win 2 rounds with strong stats but the damage is such that u still have a chance to lose. and with elo full of olders now adays u have a greater chance of your pilled Noodile Cr to get olded and u wasted pills for only 4 damage(in a hand of Yookie noodie Rico and [insert 2 or 3* here other then Jeena] it is definantly only a measly 4 damage) and lets face it, if u dont pull those 2 big hitters Roots still has, and dont get both ur dr in same hand, your prolly gonna get some balanced high power low damage hand that u gotta win by perfect pilling which is twice as hard nowadays with all the atk manipulation running rampant.
14/19
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 05:32

Roots are still good, just not OP like before
They rely heavily on drawing their DR's coupled with a solid damager (Gretchen or other clans cards) to actualy threaten the opponent. Rico/Noodile Cr and the 2* aren't as threatening since 3* of other clans hit for more damage, and in extreme examples a card like Tsubame can hit for double the damage they can do.

I'd say Roots are stuck needing to win 3/4 rounds in mono to actually win the game, and vs their big counters like Skeelz and Nightmare they are at a huge instant disadv. to the point where it can be impossible to actually win the fight from the beginning.

However Roots are very easy to overpower since their Dr's almost cover their weakness vs Stop Cards. Giving them a big hitting 4* or a better 5* would likely OP them in an instant....I'd say the staff are trying to figure out a way to give them a good release without making it piss weak or too strong it'd be always banned
15/19
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 11:37

If the UR staff created more cards like Ashiko, Karen and Ivana (NOT Flinch) who are capable of DRing Roots and possibly going through their DRs too, then it might help the cause.

It would also help to give Skeelz a usable SOA card (7/4 SOA for 3*?) to counter Roots and GHEIST also.

They should probably stop releasing 50-50 cards like Ojibway, Gretchen etc. cause while these exist cards like Yookie and Jeena can control the game too well
16/19
Dark Alpha_OC - Titan - Open Casket English
Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:22

Well I personally believe that Roots are not really dead there is just less need for them.

For years Roots dominated the elo scene at first it was because of the power cards of Shakra and Ratanah then they got banned but Roots were still an extremely heavily used clans because they were able to put forth such a solid 11* half team in Rico Yookie noodile Arno.

the release of stop cards and Skeelz didn't really put a huge dent in the Roots use because they weren't really the Roots weren't the cards in the deck that needed to be winning

I think the reason Roots have stopped seeing such heavy play is not because Arno is banned but more because there is less use for that half team as more and more clans are able to put out strong cheap star half teams of the same style

Personally Im kind of happy Roots don't get much use in elo anymore as them dominating for nearly 3 years did get a little tedious
17/19
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 14/06/2012, 20:58

Roots owned.... now they are support
the life boost hurt them quite a bit since they are a low damage clan, with 12 life , the Yookie, Rico, Noodile Cr combo could KO on a regular basis. with 14 life, they cannot. Roots were always seen as a power clan when they had a lot of high power ELO cards relative to other clans at the time (Shakra, ratannah, noodile, Yookie, and Rico) but with more 8 power cards out there, Roots are not so difficult to match in terms of power.

Roots were my favourite elo clan for a long time, they were super fun but very unforgiving to play.
but like Alpha, im glad they are gone for now.. 1 or 2 releases could easily change that,,,,
18/19
Hula_Daisy - Colossus - Immortality English
Friday 15/06/2012, 00:24

Craho was the last Roots non Ld card
19/19
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 15/06/2012, 15:58

With Tuck release people can stop complaining about Urban Rivals not loveing Roots.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals