Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

161/237
gensou - Hero - The Trend English
Saturday 16/06/2012, 09:36

Like it had been said before, Ambre with two hit ko combo is godly ;0.
162/237
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Saturday 16/06/2012, 18:36

@ghelas and stan:
Good to know it's still a work in progress. Cuz if the staff considers this mess their final product, then UR is dooomed
163/237
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 16/06/2012, 18:47

@gensou, not to mention cards like Herman of Caelus Cr in combination...
164/237
Meelosh - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 16/06/2012, 20:39

UR, do you want me to keep going with the screenshots like this, that shows how poor this matchmaking system is?

http://prntscr.com/aofem
165/237
XC Bangor - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 16/06/2012, 21:18

In testing the game mode further I must say I see nothing wrong.

I once again managed to get over 600 BP again with a deck under 5000 clintz showing that for newer players they will not struggle under these new rules: Over 600BP! only 5k!

Concerning match making: Most of the time it will set you up with a deck that is of similar star count. Occassionally it will set you up with a 40* deck but no more than it used to. Furthermore if you win against a 40* deck the rewards you reap are big. I like this system. The BPs are easy to understand, no longer do you have to adopt suicidal play when you are on the brink of losing like in the past and now if you get 1HKOed from Kolos you won't only get 2 points for losing and instead get a reasonable 12 points.

Well done UR
166/237
Warl0ck LoA - Titan - Legends of America English
Saturday 16/06/2012, 22:23

It was fun using alot of strat before. Now its just lol2hitko i win or lol2hitkoilost.. Awesome.
167/237
UM_NedStark - Titan English
Sunday 17/06/2012, 03:56

Why do we need comment editing? I said nothing wrong!

Also, 1984, while you may manage to play with a cheap deck, you have many years more experience than the newer players. But where are the new players going to get that experience? From playing a 2HKO playstyle? And that will get them nowhere anywhere other than DM and DT. UR are limiting the potential experience of every new player with this change.

One of the key complaints that many veteran players have made is that they don't feel this gives them any chance to experiment and evolve their playing style the way they used to be able to. It is one of the key things that keeps people playing. From now on we will just want 5* powerhouse releases and nothing else. We don't need a new clan with something interesting, just give us more Bangers, more Ulu, more 1HKO cards, more Jackies and Caelus and Tanmans!

Again, I genuinely understand the developers ideas and aspirations to make it simpler and attract new players, but lets not do so at the expense of those that have been supporting this game from its humble beginnings.

Less oppression, more regression (to the good old days!)
168/237
FlameNBurn - Titan - Sword Hunter English
Sunday 17/06/2012, 06:21

Honestly,this new system make me feel like a total noob in DT.Its not like that I dont have an experience dueling in T2-which usually focus on 2HKO,but this system make me less attract to DT.Anyway,I wont oppose this new system,neither support it,so I will give my formalities verdict,WTH

Think Positive
1.I would like to say that,this new system actually a UR experiment to all player.They actually try to research which system is the best.So I might think this system is just temporary,is it?

2.Equal chance to new player!They can beat any high level player!

3.This system looks like DM!You win fast,lose fast,everything is fast!And you will win DT,seriously?

Think Negative
1.Experience player will keep saying "OMG,pls change back to old system,bring back T1 and T2,credit in ELO dt,bla4"

2.50-50 chance to win?I dont want that,2HKO is common in T2,T1 depends on skill,experience and high level player love that,am I right?What?No one supporting me?

3.I realized that,I cannot get into top 150 player?or even 100player?I lost my confidence!I want my blanket

Yeah,fom my point of view,I dont like the new system,but if this continue,I will accept it as a new challenge,to be a better player,wait a minute,no one read this? OMG
169/237
PermanatorWMD - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 17/06/2012, 12:23

With the change you have given me a reason to finally quit this game Thanks!
170/237
amethal - Hero - ONE WORLD English
Sunday 17/06/2012, 15:52

I've haven't been all those messages above, but really, I'm glad to realize that I'm not the only one who's annoyed with the matchmaking system !

Really, UR, can a player still play with a 25* deck in a room that isn't Elo, without systematically running against some monster deck composed of Ambre and every possible 4* and 5* 2HKO ? How is that "evenly matched" ?

Please bring back T1 ! Or at least some kind of room for players who want to play under 28*...

« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals