Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

171/237
UM_NedStark - Titan English
Sunday 17/06/2012, 16:58

To the UR developers:

I know nothing of programming or coding or anything of this nature, but how difficult would it be to run the previous coding for the T1/T2 rooms and the new mode separately? Could it be possible to run them together? Just for a short time, but at least then people will have an opportunity to truly compare the methods and you will have much better stats on what people prefer to play and what effect it has on the community. At least then people can't complain that the changes you make are making aren't thought out and don't benefit the UR world.

I think the way you allowed players to revert to the old game view was fantastic, it really allowed people to see the new modes differences and made it appear much nicer. The internet is filled with disgruntled people such as myself that will moan about the new because it's easier than accepting something that we didn't want or need (in our opinions). Give us the time to see that the new method is better, but don't take away our choice! Then you are no better that Gaddafi!!

When you wean a baby from breast milk to foods, you offer them both to help encourage change but still allow them some comfort. Don't take away our 'breast milk!!!

Please don't edit, it's not rude just true!
172/237
Wolfwitness - Hero English
Sunday 17/06/2012, 19:04

Well, I'm just gonna have to take ghelas' and stan's word it as well. I'm primarily a t2 player but I myself don't find these change all that great.
173/237
Dragon1der - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 17/06/2012, 21:02

Why would I not be surprised if there were a fair number of people that did the same thing and see a reason to quit? Nice changes. NOT!
174/237
implis - Imperator - Light's Hope fighters ελληνικά
Monday 18/06/2012, 02:46

Ambre, Ambre, AmbreAmbre everywhere!!!
You can change the name of this room to Ambre’s Room or Ambre’s Daily Tournaments (ADT).
The game now really sucks!!!
175/237
Onihi - Hero Deutsch
Monday 18/06/2012, 12:31

Not realy Ambre the card is the problem i think the realy problem is that any body can gat that card and because of this players with 10-20 level and 3 weeks play can buy it and yeeee i'm become nearly undefeatabe after 3 weeks of play.

I don't like the new system as well but i think that would make it better if the leaders become like the LD caracters that you can't change, buy or any thing just can get if you do the require ments (here the level where you can get it).

This woluld be good because in that case Ambre users number decrease and the leftover are who can use it are high level players who has there own style and deck and they aren't just a Butch new camer who ruin the game because they want to win but not smart enough and experianced to win on there own.
176/237
Wolfwitness - Hero English
Monday 18/06/2012, 15:32

@Onihi That's a nice idea but I personally I doubt it'll help much because people will always find a way get easy wins. Even if you take the leaders off the market and change the method of acquisition, we would still have to worry about all the Crs and certain clans getting overused. I wouldn't be surprised if 35 and above star Ulu Watu/Bangers/Montana/Upper/All Star decks will become even more common than they are already if Ambre and co are gone from easy access.
177/237
Onihi - Hero Deutsch
Monday 18/06/2012, 16:00

Ofcourse there will be an easy way always but not that easy. The problem with Ambre is that there are no way to cancle its ability and its added to the card abilitys beyond the bonus and original ability, while Ulu Watu/Bangers/Montana/Upper/All Star fearesome bonus even with 35* has someting to fight with because there bonus can be canceld by SOB's and with the Rescue bonus or with the new frozen bonus.

if you count its min 9 fraction to play, this give a big play ground for every body and its enjoy able even with the apear of 35* decks. Of corse the T1/T2 would be the best but its gone and its not seams like UR want them back we have to deal with it.

So i think 9 strong fraction whit 35* still more enjoy able(give more chance to make strategis) and still more beatable than play Ambre deck now day's.
178/237
kazjun - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Monday 18/06/2012, 16:45

Preventing people from buying or selling leaders won't do that much. First, you get so much BP from DTs and DMs that you level real quick. Second, it'd just mean that until they level up enough to get Ambre, Eyrik etc, they'll just use Hugo (lvl15 or so I think) who can be about as annoying with the right clans.

Fact is, if you don't want this 35-40* decks backed with leaders you need to either ban leaders or (even better) bring back T1. Bringing back T1 and T2 would be best but UR seems to like bans and frankly I got no idea what the staff are even thinking anymore. So who knows what they'll change. If anything.
179/237
Lagustic - Hero - Legends of the Dark English
Monday 18/06/2012, 18:06

Well game can still be fun but just feel leaders are being used much more often in particular ones mentioned above so am sceptical about decision to change ur forever like this...
180/237
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Monday 18/06/2012, 20:26

Not sure this was a healthy shift of the DT meta...

feels too much like DM and Extended Survivor

DT has always been a race.... the race just got faster.... lower stars cant quite keep up here

« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals