Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

181/237
Lafoote - Titan - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Monday 18/06/2012, 21:26

Impressions of the New system nearly a week later. I'm still pleased with the changes on the whole. Deck variety is increased dramatically. The old system was counter intuitive, and new players were universally oblivious to how to succeed. That said, I do still harbor a criticism or two.

The matchmaking definitely needs tweaks. On the whole, a 25 star deck is not equipped to combat an 18 or 19 star hand. Giving free wins to opponents is largely detrimental to my own attempts to place.

The deduction for penalty characters is clearly insufficient. Hugo and Ambre are everywhere, and the REALLY scary thing is, they are in many MORE decks who didn't happen to draw them. Don't make the penalty so high nobody uses them, but increase it enough that they are not an automatic addition to virtually every deck. I think 4 points is worth a try.
182/237
Lagustic - Hero - Legends of the Dark English
Tuesday 19/06/2012, 05:41

Crap match ups... Really piss me off with easy to be killed by other teams.

Troompah,Askai,slyth and Ambre vs my poor team of Ace, Gianfranco, Sharon and Murphy of Montana oh man...
183/237
L8Rdays - Legend - Limit Break English
Tuesday 19/06/2012, 17:01

I am so tired of this RIDICULOUS matchmaking joke! I realize so many others have commented, but I need to vent. I am enjoying the Standard format, but since the new scoring system was released, I cannot play any DTs without running into STUPID matchups. I realize the low star decks are now obsolete in terms of their ability to actually win a DT, but I should still get to play with them and actually stand a chance to have an enjoyable few matches. I have come up against 16* or 17* decks way too often versus my 9* or 10* decks. I actually care about trying to win every match, and even though I am actually sucessful in those matches far more often than I should be, it is still frustrating to be constantly up against people in that situation. Even when I do win those matches, there is very little reward in terms of BP to even justify it. I like T2, but not ALL THE TIME.

Alright, I`m getting off my soapbox now, and heading into the next match.
184/237
Dragon1der - Legend - Limit Break English
Tuesday 19/06/2012, 17:07

So much for "evenly matched opponents". Never really has meant that. It just means some random player in the room.
185/237
Immortal One - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 19/06/2012, 22:57

Could we just all agree that Ambre needs to get locked up to never to see the the light of dt again
186/237
Meelosh - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 19/06/2012, 23:07

@ L8Rdays

Couldn't agree with you more... I don't know what is worse: the fact that matchmaking system is broken, or the fact that when you DO win against an opponent that has 6+ stars more than you, there is absolutely no adequate reward... You only get couple of points more, that doesn't mean almost anything comparing to other bonuses, and to the points lost by constantly losing to Ambre 20* hands...

With this new scoring system, I often get the feeling that I received less points when I feel like I should get more, and the other way around.

However, I still have hope that they will fix this mess they made out of DTs... eventually...
187/237
THM_Lu-Tze - Senior Deutsch
Wednesday 20/06/2012, 09:08

Hey Team how long shall this BS take? Rollback and fix the old system by updating the penalties on charakters at least sometimes, for example get Gil on the list to get several other Decks played.

- give a bonus for draw (so that it is better than loosing)
- give a dynamic bonus for difference of *quantity (one Star more 1 point or half of it at least)
- give a bonus for played rounds that rise from 1st to the 4th round (or starts at the 2nd round, too)
- once per month update penalties charakters with 5 new (the most played for example)
- penaltie counts for the deck not the played hand
188/237
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 20/06/2012, 09:55

@Lu-Tze
draws do count for more

there is a bonus for star difference, not dynamic but it is there... whether or not this is counting the stars in hand or the stars in the entire deck... who knows. but that idea might work once the meta settles down a bit.

the increasing round bonus has the potential for people to drag out the match longer than it has to... ive never understood people who drag out rounds when a KO win an move on to your next game is usually the better move. In the old system, dragging out an extra round only made sense vs fast players, your last match, or to get your 2-3 star card to kill his 5 star card.

new penalties -- has potential

penalty counting for the entire deck might be a bit harsh -- that is - 50 to 60 points for one card. adding penalized cards may make this uneeded.

In the brief time ive played the new format DTs.... 40 star decks have scored 700+ points, 26-27 star deck have scored 700+ points.

The question is how to tweak the scoring system so that 19-24 star decks can also score 700+ points... this may already be happening but i am not aware of it.

if you have, let us know please

If low star decks, mid star decks, and high star decks can all score 650-700+ points without having to rely on just a lucky hour, then DT will see more variety. That is the scoring balance UR will need to create
189/237
THM_Lu-Tze - Senior Deutsch
Wednesday 20/06/2012, 11:15

"the increasing round bonus has the potential for people to drag out the match longer than it has to... ive never understood people who drag out rounds when a KO win an move on to your next game is usually the better move. In the old system, dragging out an extra round only made sense vs fast players, your last match, or to get your 2-3 star card to kill his 5 star card."

The bonus for rounds ist to balance the game for low-stardecks which mostly never score a KO win.

"draws do count for more"
I refered to the old system where you waste time with more rounds for almost the same points as if you would have lost.

"penalty counting for the entire deck might be a bit harsh"
penalties are to make the players not to use these charakters without a ban like in elo mode, at the moment it does'nt work with the penalty only for played hand cards you can rank in Top 150 even with many penalty cards.

"there is a bonus for star difference"
again, i refered to the old sys without the bonus
190/237
Euzebe - Legend English
Wednesday 20/06/2012, 17:48

Hello all,

Some changes will be made soon on the battle points system. To offer a better game experience and balanced fights, we have decided to change our matchmaking system (QuickBattle).

Battle points and DT

◾ Native separation by group (with the Qickbattle).
Only one room but a new QB rule: a player with a deck in a certain group can only face a player playing with a deck in the same group.

Group 1: 16-23 stars
Group 2: 24-31 stars
Group 3: 32 stars and more

◾ Basic bonus (active all the time)
Defeat: +5pts
Draw: +10pts
Played rounds: +1/1/2/4pts (total: 8 )
Rounds you win: +2pts / round
+3pts if you win 3 rounds
+5pts if you win 4 rounds

(Total 2/2/2+3/2+5 = 16)

◾ Vixctory bonus (in case of victory only)
Victory: +15pts
Series: +2pts per match won after 3 victories
Life points left >= 12: +2pts
Remaining Pillz >= 1 : +2pts
Star difference in the draw: +1pt per star (for the player who has the smaller number of stars), max 5pts

◾ KO bonus
KO: +2pts

◾Timeout/withdrawal (considered as a victory for the opponent)
The player timeouts or quit: -20pts

These changes and the list of penalized characters in DT will be released soon.

Have fun!

edited by Boing Wednesday 20/06/2012, 17:48

« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals