Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

201/237
-- Hades -- - Hero English
Wednesday 20/06/2012, 21:12

Huh didn't read all the posts apparently...

Well... Ambre should stop existing/be downgraded. That is all.

Good day.
202/237
Keelatay - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 20/06/2012, 23:19

I'm with Hades, and take Hugo with her.
203/237
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 02:36

One of the posts states that the values for penalized characters are being tweaked, so I assume Ambre and Hugo are likely to catch a more severe penalty.

Now if Standard gets a little bit of a facelift and becomes as good a mode as the other ones, UR will be by far the most balanced and enjoyable than it has ever been. I'm excited about these changes.
204/237
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 04:47

Looks good. im sure the DT vets will adjust accordingly.
not sure what i think of the bonus for win streaks... feels too much like Deathmatch imho. Increases the importance of luck since a bad draw hurts you a lot or a good draw is rewarded more. Very relevant near the end when the top 3-5 people are all doing their best to leap frog each other in the standings.
205/237
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 05:06

I'd say that a win streak bonus is an attempt to make winning more important, as it should be...Not exactly sure how this bonus will Pan out yet, but I think it will also be a change for the better.
206/237
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 09:19

That streak bonus makes 4-round games a viable strategy; if you can make 13 win streak you get automatically 20 more points per game - that means DR cards and strategy is now one possible way to victory since winning is much more important. This is not overkill since getting that long streaks is very hard and your bonus is reset on first lose.

This way for example low star skill deck can win in DT even if it plays half the number of games of high star KO deck that can chew sheer number of games and ignore the loses that way.
207/237
Openball - Imperator - HKG English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 10:12

It is very encouraging to see the upcoming changes posted by Euzebe and Boing. Not only because the game is getting some balancing, but also the headquarter is willing to listen to the players. A couple of major concerns has been tackled in the new changes and some new elements are coming in (e.g. bonus for winning steaks). Couldn't really foresee how the meta will become, but really worthwhile for looking forward!

Thanks UR!
208/237
amethal - Hero - ONE WORLD English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 10:54

Now, that native separation by group, this I think I could get behind
209/237
Lagustic - Hero - Legends of the Dark English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 11:11

Think i rather tone down from 25* to 23* deck... Gap between 25* and 32* deck seems too wide from my point of view. Like still likely to see near 5* opponent hand haix...
210/237
Wolfwitness - Hero English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 13:45

Funny how most people complain primarily over Ambre, Hugo and maybe a bit on Eyrik. Eklore or Morphun with certain clans can be just as bad. Even Vholt can be a pain when paired with the Pussycats particularly with Ditha in tow lest you're a SOA/SOB clan.

« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals