Changes to how battle points are calculated

Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06
Boing - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
237 messages
Boing - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 13/06/2012, 14:06

As well as allowing you to level up, battle points are also key to the Daily Tournaments as the ranking system is based on the number of battle points won. We have decided to update the way in which these points are calculated by simplifying the system and making it less dependent on the number of stars a deck contains and more dependent on the development and outcome of the fight. You’ll find all the details on this new points calculating system in the rules by clicking here. This change is now in place, including during the DTs.
« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

211/237
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Thursday 21/06/2012, 15:11

IMHO, penalty cards should not only give the penalty to the player, but also provide bonus points to the opponent.
Same with timeout penalty...

@210:
You must be joking about Vholt. There's far too many ways to completely shut down Pussycats - power manipulators, SOA cards, Protection Damage, or some of the cards that actually work as damage reduction (i.e. Uranus).
212/237
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 15:53

Time out penalties should be worth 25 + 2 points per round won. Because if it is a sure win by KO for you and the opp times out, you actually end up geting less points then if they would have played. How is that fair that the opp gets penalized (-20 points) but you don't get as much points as you deserve.
213/237
L8Rdays - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 17:44

This is a fantastic potential change for so many reasons:

1. The matchmaking will be fixed, and who doesn't want that! No more 16* versus 9* decks, which is not at all rewarding.

2. Winning is actually rewarded, not just playing quickly. I LOVE the fact that winning individuals macthes in a row during a DT can actually get you ahead. Isn`t that why we play the game-to actually try and beat your opponent! I haven`t heard of anyone playing ELO quickly to lose and try to get ahead that way, so why should DTs reward losing? Great change in my opinion.

3. The return of STRATEGY. How great is that? You want to throw in a damage reducer to limit your opponent and help activate that Frozn bonus? Go for it, because now you can without it setting yourself back a ridiculous amount, assuming that you keep winning. It`s no longer about the fastest player, but about he smartest ones.

4. The pentaly system for certain cards was just broken, so really any update/increase to those cards will be helpful (though I usually play Standard now, so I see those cards a little less already).

Thank you to UR for what promises to be an intelligent, interesting and actually beneficial change to the DT game format.
214/237
ElitePow - Imperator - New VisioN Русский
Thursday 21/06/2012, 19:06

If two people have the same number of battle points, which one is ranked higher?
215/237
HinoShimna - Hero English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 19:58

Hi !

Sorry i knew its off topic but my girlfriend just say somthing that sounds a good idea. She said that it would be fun if the card pictures can be change between the lowe level pictures because sometimes the lower level pictures seams better.

I think it would be fun
216/237
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 21:49

@HinoShimna
That has been suggested at least a dozen times in the past. It's very unlikely it will happen.
217/237
Infiniti - Guru English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 21:59

I have a question.

How do you decide on the amount of points won in a time out or battle that has been leaved ?

i thought 20 is for a win but when someone timed out against me i got 19
218/237
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Thursday 21/06/2012, 22:32

@HinoShimna:
I've actually heard a lot of players saying this... I know it would take some work to implement but I wanted to support you in saying it would be a great feature. The way I see it, we only get to see a small fraction of the art content in Urban Rivals -- because after a card is max level, it's pretty impractical in this day and age to keep and play "unevolved" versions of it. So this change would allow more players to experience a lot of content that is already in the game!

I personally would love to see a "suggestions" thread as well. These recent changes have shown us that the UR gods have not abandoned us and are willing to listen to some of our suggestions... Why not have a thread where feature/balance suggestions go for official consideration?
219/237
Dragon1der - Legend - Limit Break English
Friday 22/06/2012, 05:07

This looks, at least at first glance, to be a decent change. Time will tell, but making penalties stronger and a better matchmaking system alone is an improvement. I'll say thank you to the staff for actually listening.
220/237
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Friday 22/06/2012, 07:40

@ghelas

you can send suggestions via customer service i believe, and you can always take the feedback from the community first on the forum, so i dont think a suggestions thread is really needed when there is a working system at the moment

« Previous12...1718192021222324Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals