How to do well at tournaments. This is for beginners- some general guidelines. I have scored in the top 50 many times. This can get you some cool collector cards.
1) Go small or go home. Don't pack
your deck with 5 star characters. If you want points avoid 5 star cards all together .They score less points. A good guide to score lots of points is 25 total star points. Don't worry the administrators adjust opponents to this.
2) Get used to your deck so you know what it does quickly. Faster reactions mean more matches- more matches means more points. If you are going to lose lose quickly- so you can go on to the next match.
3) Never abandon a game you lose 20 points
4) With lower decks you often play lower players. This tends to speed things up as well.
5) This is a personal preference. I like to get cards that stop bonuses and stop abilities. Every card has a weakness. If you can stop it's strength do so. I also like cards that can lower damage (these are good if you're going to lose that round). Look for cards with hidden points +life/-life. Some players tend not to notice this.
;t fall in love with a card. Sometimes you may need to bluff with it. Plus good players will account for the card.
7) Watch for patterns- especially on the first play. If he loses with 1 pills he is less likely to lose with 2 pills in the future. If he plays 3 pills to start it is more likely he will try a 3 pill lead again.
Don't use fury at the beginning EVER.
Hope that helps