New mission type – Newblood missions

Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
124 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54

As of today, a new mission type known as the Newblood missions, will make its appearance. Each new character release will be accompanied by a series of 5 Newblood missions.  4 of these will use the characters within the release, while the 5th will carry a prize of 10 credits and will be unlocked on completion of the 4 other missions.  These one-off missions are available for a period of 2 weeks and will be deactivated once the next Newblood missions become available (you will, however, be able to finish the missions you have already started).
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

21/124
Lorrraine - Titan English
Friday 27/07/2012, 16:49

What exactly do you have to do in order to unlock the fifth mission? Do you need to start the other four missions? Do you need to own all four cards at the same time? Do you just need to have owned all four cards?
22/124
Niravam - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Friday 27/07/2012, 16:58

@ Dr. ido so we can start the missions, sell the cards, and the missions won't go away?
23/124
ShazamFTW - Titan - Time To Hymn You English
Friday 27/07/2012, 16:59

In short...

I garnered interest in this game with the introduction of missions. I checked it out in 2009, left shortly thereafter, reappeared shortly after the missions became available and have played regularly ever since. (As an Xbox enthusiast with a 125000+ gamerscore, the similarities are obvious). Frankly, it's missions that got me to pay money (and a fair amount at that), and continue to. In fact, I just dropped another $20 last week. I've probably spent well over $250 in my time here.

However, I'm now almost certain it's the last money I'll ever spend on the game. With this introduction, I can no longer work towards finishing every mission without dumping a very constant amount of money into the game to ensure that I have the newest releases. If I don't spend money to get credits every 2 weeks, then I can't finish the missions. Ever.

Sorry guys, this is where I bow out. I don't mind attempts to make more money, in fact, I typically encourage them, but when you punish people for not paying you money constantly, that's when I'm done. I know your statement of "nothing bad happens" works for some people, but I lose the ability to complete all the missions forever, which to me, is punishment.
24/124
JR_Ledeir - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 27/07/2012, 17:00

This is a clever idea. It changes how I will spend my credits the few times I get them but overall I will not be participating in this.
I also agree those who don't opt in to this don't suffer for it and those who do don't get any more of an edge then they already have.
25/124
Dragon1der - Legend - Limit Break English
Friday 27/07/2012, 17:06

Two weeks to complete the "New Blood" missions is too short. I think there is a fair number of players that will simply write these missions off as more pain than they are worth since they need to spend money on packs or buy the characters outright when prices are thier highest for the cards.
Not a terribly impressive idea to get new missions mixed into the game.
A better way would be to tie 2 of the new characters directly to new clan related missions for that character, and perhaps the other 2 new characters could be tied to new Solo missions (that don't cost Clintz to activate), or perhaps make the related "New Blood" missions for them available for 2 months like Ld's are now as others have suggested.
Just not an impressive idea for new missions. Pretty poor actually.
26/124
Tacovendor - Titan - the courtyard of shadows English
Friday 27/07/2012, 17:08

So basically Ur wants u to spend 40-60 credits if ur lucky but in reality even more to try to get the newblood cards in packs so u can have a chance to get a mission for 10 credits? Am I the only one who sees this as not making any common sense? Like saying "hey if u give my $60 ill "reward" u with $10" UR needs to stop just randomly adding stuff and screwing up the game. They give surveys to try to understand how the community feels then they go and release stupid stuff like this anyway. This is all a ploy to get more people buying packs so they can say the new pack ideas they released have generated more income to the game from packs so they can justify keeping the new crappy packs.
27/124
Hunterrrrrrr - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Friday 27/07/2012, 17:59

@Dr.Ido
Maybe it's not mandatory to complete all the missions but it is fun to have all the missions under your belt. If I go on a vacation for more then two weeks I will never be able to complete all missions again.
Indeed nothing bad happens to me, but I will lose interest in the missions and since the missions are a great part of the fun I have in UR then it also takes away a lot of fun from UR.

So all your arguments are valid, but I still end up having less fun with the missions then before and therefore have less fun in UR.
28/124
ded516 - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 27/07/2012, 18:24

It seems like a bad idea to link missions to the new cards and have them only active for two weeks for two reasons the first is that most players i think are lucky enough to get even one of the newest releases so probably no one will be able to do these mission unless they have a lot of clintz or buy credits every two weeks the second reason why i think this is a bad idea is because it will make more people angry then probably anything else urban has tried to implement before.
29/124
WMD Abaddon - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 27/07/2012, 18:28

So im hoping this is what you are doing otherwise i'm probably going to quit. and probably very quickly. this is sortof a replacement for legendaries? as supposedly legendaries will no longer be limited time missions. okay if this is true i went from furious to mad. your time limit for these missions is Horribly inexcusable and I'm confused by how you get away with it. I was fairly upset when you cr'd characters that had missions but it didn't affect me to much and it's still possible for people to get those characters and such. I was pretty livid when legendary missions came out and they were a limited time event I hoped that the points total wouldn't affect the points totals for missions completed but they do which means new players can never catch up to me.. okay fine. I was Happy at first when you said you would be adding more rooms and newer systems for winning crs and playing elo and some people got upset and some of those changes werent' implemented and when they were i got extremely bored as there were too many rooms without tournaments in elo i got excessively bored there and the tournaments in the other rooms well they got boring too lots of stallers and "other" strategies showed up as people found they had even more reasons to want to WIN those tourneys. so my play time has been limited to legendary missions just because they expire. and doing regular missions when i get a chance.double the time limit and have them overlap like legendaries did atleast
30/124
WMD Abaddon - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 27/07/2012, 18:32

And reading this thread i see some are on my mindset i'm seriously considering being done with thtis game and I buy credits constantly. and I have enough clintz to pull of the buy everybody do the mission sell everybody off again really quick thing too.
it does HURT because missions points are the only thing left in this game that i care about. and like i said I'm not the only one that feels that way.

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals