New mission type – Newblood missions

Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
124 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 27/07/2012, 13:54

As of today, a new mission type known as the Newblood missions, will make its appearance. Each new character release will be accompanied by a series of 5 Newblood missions.  4 of these will use the characters within the release, while the 5th will carry a prize of 10 credits and will be unlocked on completion of the 4 other missions.  These one-off missions are available for a period of 2 weeks and will be deactivated once the next Newblood missions become available (you will, however, be able to finish the missions you have already started).
« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

51/124
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 17:31

I can't make sense of these complaints...

If I understand correctly some people think New Blood missions are impossible to do unless you spend too much time and money. Weren't they impossible to do before they were in the game?

Are some people worried that people with more time and money will get more mission points? Well, weren't the people with the most time and money to spend the ones with the more mission points before?

I just don't see any negative change at all.

However I wish we had some official word on the Frozn. 1.5 months with no new releases for them. Is this going to be the Great Lost Clan of UR? Are they just going to stay at 13 cards forever? It would be really nice if the developers shared their plans regarding this clan's release schedule... I'm not sure what harm they can cause by doing so.
52/124
Hunterrrrrrr - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 17:49

That is still no solution for the being away for more then 2-weeks problem in which you won't be able to unlock the missions and therefore will be behind in missionpoints forever from that point on.
53/124
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 18:18

I'll use sai_goober's line of thought to explain my ideas on this:

1) They switch the packs around, effectively making credits worth "more".

2) With most new blood cards being rares, they're harder to get overall.

3) ???

4) New blood missions seem like a way to remove ctz/credits from the game (as the reward is usually worth less than the risk).
54/124
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 21:08

@ghelas
Allow me to help:
The missions aren't impossible, they are just annoying. If the missions didn't exist, they still wouldn't be impossible; they wouldn't be relevant to anything.

Not everyone is concerned with the MP. I, for one, care about the fun of completion, to say, "I did it." It's the same reason people climb mountains and visit monuments. How would you feel if there was a cool thing you wanted to see, but there was an arbitrary time limit on it?

You don't see a negative change, because the issue doesn't matter to you. For example, I wouldn't see any negative thing with adding a buy elo points because I don't care about elo, but people who do frequent that mode would be very upset with it.

As for Frozn, the staff need time to think of new card ideas. I would rather we see two good, unique Frozn over eight rehashes.
55/124
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 28/07/2012, 23:38

I partially disagree on that last part doombug. With cards like kalindra, (the 7/3 with soa), and tiwi, they could use a couple more "bad" cards. I'd rather see a 3-card Frozn update which contained 2 semi-usable cards (preferably with stop: revenge abilities) and 1 solid Frozn card over 3 good/unique Frozn.
56/124
Stendra - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 00:41

Thank you myeltd someone needed to explain it to him!!
57/124
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 01:09

@TheDoomBug/everyone else:

There's an arbitrary time limit on literally *everything.* You have a life span. You cannot do everything you want to do.

I want a good ELO score in this game. Most weeks, life takes precedence over UR, and I don't have the time to secure that coveted Top 100 spot. Every time that happens, I miss out on a chance to win one of those 10 CRs... Forever!

So what? That's the nature of life.

We've already had a bunch of goals in this game that were time-restricted in some way or another. In addition to the one mentioned above, I will probably never own a Guru Cr because I got into the game too late... When I play in a DT, I only have an hour to try to score... Etc.

But the existence of these goals doesn't effect my UR experience negatively at all. I think that once everybody is used to the idea of New Blood missions, they will probably feel the same way.
58/124
jazzhall69 - Legend - New VisioN English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 03:03

I like this new content is always welcome in my book. To those complaining about the two week window remember how legend missions were until a few weeks ago? You had one month to complete a series of missions to unlock the last mission. If you failed to meet that deadline the locked missions were gone forever. Here all you have to do is obtain the cards within a two week period. Is two weeks really so short a time to just collect cards compared to one month to actually complete missions?
59/124
CK-Shawn - Legend - <=Chaos-Knights=> English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 05:03

What if they can't buy the cards in the market because the price is too high or if they can't get the packs because they don't have enough
60/124
Stendra - Legend - BrainZtorm English
Sunday 29/07/2012, 05:22

@jazzhalf69 yes, yes it is too short of a time period to collect all 4 cards and do the missions in two weeks. Any more questions?

« Previous12345678910...1213Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals