Changes to characters banned in ELO

Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
155 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33

The list of ELO banned characters has been updated.See below for an overview of the changes made.

The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Spyke (Berzerk)
- Lehane (Sentinel)
- Draheera (GHEIST)
- Lea (Rescue)
- Elvira (Rescue)

The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Kerry (Rescue)
- Sledg (Rescue)
« Previous12...910111213141516Next »

111/155
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 10/08/2012, 04:15

In my oppinion, Yayoi, weelee, and Rowdy should stay banned. In regards to other 4*'s with 6 damage, they are usually a low power, and rely on ability or bonus(maybe even courage(or in berzerks case a revenge or backlash) to even the odds). For example, since kerry's ability only takes place going first, she becomes a big target to sob or dr. In the case of weelee, Yayoi, and Rowdy, you can dodge this, and win with them easily, not to mention split support.

If these cards were unbanned, I think we may see some OP decks in ELO. Junkz and Pussycats are fine in ELO. Ulu Watu on the otherhand might not be the best choice(I'm not too fond of the clans 2*'s...).
112/155
OC-Vanity - Veteran - Open Casket English
Friday 10/08/2012, 04:29

The only cards I would ever want to see unbanned are
Yayoi (to give Pussycats some umph)
Ratanah (Not neearly as destructive as it used to be)
Striker (Look above)
Arkn/Arno (give the soa clans their 2* back)

But seriously if they gave back the players these cards ELO would see so much more variety than the cookie cutter decks so see all the time.
113/155
Squirtroll - Guru - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 10/08/2012, 06:55

Humperdinck - Senior
Today at 19:27
I'm getting tired of inexperienced players talking about the staff banning the wrong cards.
The hallmark of a great elo player is the ability to improvise no matter what bans are in place

1325 elo, my lord youre clearly experienced
114/155
Squirtroll - Guru - E X C A L I B U R English
Friday 10/08/2012, 06:56

And +1 oc vanity
115/155
CB 0hFrenzy - Hero - Clintz Bank English
Friday 10/08/2012, 09:43

And Ulrich the only dr of Piranas... What about him? Pls ... Make him alive in Elo
116/155
WMD Abaddon - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 12/08/2012, 20:09

Striker is pretty much a five star that's situationally better than Jackie Cr. so I'd say no there. Yayoi does something the clan cannot do anymore and that's reliably stop an ability. Wee Lee has become outclassed by so Much it's not even funny the only saving Grace i have for his ban is that Pussycats have a five star with the same stats sortof. but Pussycats tend to be on the weaker side anyways I never liked Ulrich and never thought of him as very dangerous. only that turn three where he can threaten ko/win sometimes. which is entirely situational. Sledg is probably too powerful to unban and almost can be said about Kerry. also Ratanah getting a possible unban I dunno sure whatever. the four star spot is usually where you win the match in Roots now and Ratanah doesn't really do that anymore.
as for the new perma ban list. i actually agreed with Arkn and hopefully we'll see a new dr/defeat card in Roots to make up for Arno.
Spyke was a given
Lehane has threatened it forever but... is she a threat? I dunno i suppose she's on there for a reason. but chiara is much worse/better.
Draheera has been a threat for a while but mono ghiest isn't the threat it used to be.... dunno if this is a good decision or not.
Lea i suppose was to change places with Kerry? whatever i suppose there are enough decent 2 stars now in Rescue that it's not that big of an issue. the same can be said about the four stars though
Elvira i don't like losing stop ability maybe replace with a 2
117/155
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Monday 13/08/2012, 04:20

What people fail to realize is that Striker, Rowdy, Yayoi, and Wee Lee, were all banned when elo was 12 life. It is now 14 life, and these once threatening 2 hit KO walls....aren't as threatening now.

People who say Striker is overpower, just look at the Frozn clan.... every single card in the clan as of today (August 12th 2012) is able to fight Striker pill for pill when there clan bonus is active. Striker has fallen with time, he is just a shell of what he once was...i See no reason to keep him banned.

Same with Yayoi, 7/6 is easily stopped by a large number of clans, her replacement Diana, is 1 more power, and can make a 9 gap. Yayoi is 7 power, a pushover for majority of the clans, and can make a gap of 8. So she can stop Dr's you say? Well Diana has +3 life as an ability so at the end of the day she gets trough too...but she's not banned is she? She should come back, simply not a threat anymore.

On to the main man, Rowdy. This guy falls into the same category as Striker. I don't see him as a threat anymore. Do you even see a deck without a SOB/SOA these days? 6 power is slowly becoming outdated in elo, he is a great card there's no denying it...but what I'm trying to get at here is that if you unban Striker and Yayoi....these cards will be used to counter Rowdy like in old times.

Lastly Wee Lee. Last time i saw Ulu Watu in elo was when this guy was kicking. I think it's high time our wee freind made a return.
118/155
-Wicer- - Moderator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 13/08/2012, 04:32

@1san

While I don't deny that Striker isn't as powerful as he used to be, there are better 4* choices such as Marina and Quinn but he could come back banning a staple of a clan so that All Stars aren't dominant.

Yayoi was banned, bringing Charlie and Wanda back. Having all three out would make PC a very powerful clan so there had to be a compromise. While all three cards are amazing, Yayoi and Charlie can still KO making it a huge threat. It is the same reason why Lea and Elvira were banned so that Sledg and Kerry were brought back. They would likely diminue the amount of Rescue dominance, because now if you want to use both of them you have 9* and having to use significantly worse cards in the 2* and 3* spot compared to Lea and Elvira. That is why Yayoi is banned but Charlie and Wanda aren't. Before it was the opposite.

Rowdy, okay I will admit I am going to be a bit bias on this one because Rowdy is one of my favourite cards and I would love to see him and Gil unbanned, though that would never happen. Perhaps Rowdy may come unbanned but there are still many cards in Junkz that can replace him, like Eebiza Gibson Qubik and Fizzle. Gil and Rowdy were banned at the same time because Junkz was a dominating clan and those two cards are staples to the clan. Gil was an absolute game changer and Rowdy was way to good in low pill fights. However I do agree with you, and this is where my bias comes in that he isn't as good as he used to be and probably one of the weaker elo banned cards at this point of the metagame.

Wee Lee is still overpowered and there is no way to put it. 9/6 DR it is obvious that he was banned. He was very powerful and even today putting him back in elo would make Ulu a very powerful clan. He is a staple in survivor and DM comparing with elo banned powerhouses like Tan Man in Ulu's T2 decks and should keep the ban. However I do agree with you Ulu is a very rare clan in elo.
119/155
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Monday 13/08/2012, 05:22

@ Wicer

Really liked your feedback.

Okay Wee Lee might be a powerhouse, but it kinda sucks that you never see ulu in elo. When I play elo I love to see all the decks people have come up with. Sadly it seems as of recent the game is being overrun by Jungo, Rescue, Montana, and Nightmare. The ulu have been a clan that is know for high power but low damage....Wee Lee fits right in the middle. Perhaps you are right and now is simply a bad time to bring him back, but Rowdy, Striker, and Yayoi were all banned mostly due to the cause of elo having 12 life meaning these cards were 2HKO finishers. Now that's not the case anymore and things should be reconsidered.

On another note; Yayoi got banned and Charlie and Wanda came back....but now we are in the case where we have Charlie and yayoi's equal Diana. I can honestly say I have never seen both of these cards in the same deck, I've seen Charlie and I've seen Diana, but together? Never. If Yayoi came back I don't think we'd see this being too problematic. This is my view on the mater however, I'm no expert. Besides we players control elo anyways, if Yayoi did turn out to be to problematic we would keep her on the ban list...and if she continued to be too OP they would just ban her again, but they should at least give these cards a chance to be reevaluated by us players.

Kerry just came off the ban list, and to be honest she isn't even threatening. Makes you wonder if these other elder elo banned card even deserve it anymore.
120/155
OC-Vanity - Veteran - Open Casket English
Monday 13/08/2012, 07:06

Hopefully the staff somewhat thinks at least slightly about these posts. A lot of the cards up on the ban list are cards that were powerful IN THERE TIME (pardon caps). With the whole 14 life ELO and more and more powerful cards coming out, some cards that were once dominating powerhouses are considered average. Some cards I understand were made too broken *cough*Jackie Cr*cough* to be ever let in ELO, but some cards should definitely see the light again. They had a sorta ELO test moment where they let like four cards out, one made it through player bans, and then they decided to reban them all again within a few weeks. If the cards are really that threatening play test them for a few months - if they really devastate the game then the players will ELO ban them consistently, but if they don't get gunned out of play, then I see no harm in letting some oldies roam free once again,

« Previous12...910111213141516Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals