Changes to characters banned in ELO

Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
155 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33

The list of ELO banned characters has been updated.See below for an overview of the changes made.

The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Spyke (Berzerk)
- Lehane (Sentinel)
- Draheera (GHEIST)
- Lea (Rescue)
- Elvira (Rescue)

The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Kerry (Rescue)
- Sledg (Rescue)
« Previous12...910111213141516Next »

121/155
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Monday 13/08/2012, 16:16

The ones that I'd let off the ban list for testing purposes so players can reevaluate them:

Arno - Why is this card even still banned? Every other decent 4-5 star Roots card is banned anyway.
Striker - Discussed earlier, he simply fell with time.
Arkn - This guy is good, majoirty of the other clans can easily take on his 5 power, at this point.
Emeth - Troompha is the same thing swaping one power for 1 damage and she's not banned? What's the Beef here?
Rowdy - Again another card that has fallen pray to time, with each going year he gets weaker still.
Bonnie Ld - This card is tricky, but nonetheless...it's actually quite predictable.
Yayoi - This card if anything, weak 7 power, and killed by clan bonuses.
Caelus Cr - Never found this card to be a problem, what's even better is he's over 200k now so you won't see him as much.
Wee Lee - We know he's a wall on a surfboard....but he deserves a fair trial too.
Zatman - Uppers are another pretty rare one for elo, the weeks Doarian is banned you simply don't see them. This guy is strong, best base stats + an ability, but even this guy is failling prey to times. He used to be able to 2KO with fury but now we play with 14 life so no more of that.
122/155
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 13/08/2012, 16:52

" Emeth - Troompha is the same thing swaping one power for 1 damage and she's not banned? What's the Beef here?"
2HKO? Against a non-DR opponent he can set up a two-hit with majority of his clan with little pillz invested, thanks to the +20 attack. Plus Troompah gets a weekly ban now and then.
123/155
HHM-Rap Muzik - Guru - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Monday 13/08/2012, 18:43

1san add Lamar Cr to that list 6 power is just not powerful enough
124/155
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 13/08/2012, 19:10

@Thoazol:
"Plus Troompah gets a weekly ban *all the time"

Fixed

@1san:
You really don't see a problem with Caelus Cr being out? Okay, here's the short list.
1) He can reduce 7 power or less to half of his power, allowing him to win a round... Well, pretty much any time. Even against Montana bonus, he will beat a 7 powered card pill-for-pill at 7 pills or more.
2) Given his absurd round-winning ability, 8 is way too much damage.
3) He is a CR with a 200k price tag. That means he is completely out of many people's reach. Imagine if another strong card, let's say, Kalindra, was only available to older/wealthier players. How do you think people would react?
4) The current meta compensates for the fact that SoA clans break DR by handicapping them just a little bit. A super-powerful SoA-proof card being in ELO would mean that either SoA clans need to get all of their good cards unbanned (and then the game needs to be rebalanced in many other ways) or SoA clans are completely wiped out (and then strong ability clans like Vortex and Sakrohm become OP, because there would be virtually no risk of running into SoA clans with them.)

Man, UR is totally, like, a delicate eco-system, man. You can't just go banning and unbanning cards Willy-nilly because they individually seem like they might be okay... man.

TLDR: Current bans/unbans are more or less fine, although I still feel like Rescue got a small advantage they didn't need or deserve.
125/155
OC-Vanity - Hero - Open Casket English
Monday 13/08/2012, 20:41

No Lamar Cr can stay where he is, 6/8 SOB -2 opp. power is too much. Yeah he has 6 power, but his ability and bonus make it too easy to get that 8 damage through.
126/155
0 avist - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 13/08/2012, 21:23

The only cards I don't see that still deserve a ban are the big 5. Lets think of all the reasons they should be let back into elo.

1- Other than lyse they are a whopping 5 stars which takes up a ton of space
2- Their base stats suck and without their abilities they are nothing anyway
3- You would see too many of them in elo because they are too easy to get
4- Their lack of damage makes it really hard to 2HKO
5- SOA kills all of them

@1san don't you agree with this
127/155
HHM-Rap Muzik - Guru - Hip Hop Messiahz English
Monday 13/08/2012, 21:23

I know i just said that cus i want to use him LOL
128/155
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 13/08/2012, 22:05

Actually, the Big 5 are going to become obsolete soon. The real reason that Spyke was banned is that he will be joining the Frozn clan.

Just like Tiwi Ld, he will be riding on Kalindra's shoulders.

The new card, Kalspykewi, will use stats and abilities from all 3 of them at the same time.

Whether this card will be playable in ELO or not remains to be seen...
129/155
0 avist - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 13/08/2012, 22:22

@ghelas I heard a rumor about that
130/155
MadLampy_MoB - Legend English
Tuesday 14/08/2012, 00:03

@avist: yup, was that the one about quirky doing the art? Though I'm not sure about the 9 damage quoted from the screenshot, maybe that's with the bonus activated (since he'll be using tiwi and kals)

@ghelas: quite probably ELO legal since they're talking about letting Jackie, Vickie and general back in

« Previous12...910111213141516Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals