Changes to characters banned in ELO

Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
155 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 06/08/2012, 12:33

The list of ELO banned characters has been updated.See below for an overview of the changes made.

The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Spyke (Berzerk)
- Lehane (Sentinel)
- Draheera (GHEIST)
- Lea (Rescue)
- Elvira (Rescue)

The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO:
- Kerry (Rescue)
- Sledg (Rescue)
« Previous12...910111213141516Next »

131/155
EZwinningS2N - Titan - Second 2 None English
Tuesday 14/08/2012, 05:51

The only card i would ever care to see be unbanned is Striker
132/155
GvnOva - Master - DirtyTwo Card Pickup English
Tuesday 14/08/2012, 07:42

Some players really need to stop dreaming to bring the powerhouse characters back . Many characters are banned in order to bring other strong cards to elo , the recent ban/unban of Rescue is an example . A card alone doesn't do anything , but together with other cards , it is a big problem for the opponent .

Bring back this character so clan abc can be used in elo ! Yeah , because elo is all about copycats who use only dominating clans ." No , the sentinels is not doomed without Lehane "
133/155
MadLampy_MoB - Legend English
Tuesday 14/08/2012, 18:02

Lol gvnova... We don't dream of it. And most of us have more experience and history in elo to base it on (and before you comment this is my second account, I played back in the old days when it hadn't long started).

Most of us know why they went and agree with most of the bans, and while we may disagree with some of the bans ( personally I wonder about Ulrich, Striker and Yayoi along with a couple of others ) we live with it. And yes, its about synergy in elo which is why folk like myself can handle lehanes ban and Rescue players while unhappy can handle Lea and Elvira going.

You may notice its more folk your level that complain about losing cards like Spyke etc, older players care less since we didn't have them Before release so we never really used them... Personally I only ever use him in DM and even then not as much since I find using things like FPC and LJ more.

I want to use "powerhouse" characters, I use them in T2. I want to test my skill I play survivor or elo depending on my mood.

What we query isn't why imba cards are gone, its why certain reasonably balanced cards in a generally underpowered clan go. And even in say Rescue with Lea for example most folk either just SOB/SOA her back or throw a defeat card or just take the 2. It's not rocket science, sure she's a good wall but she wasn't a "god" card like Jackie or lyse teria.
134/155
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Tuesday 14/08/2012, 18:12

@Thoazol + ghelas, at the top of my post I said: The ones that I'd let off the ban list for testing purposes so players can reevaluate them.

Should've made myself more clear. I wanted these card's to come off the ban list as a test...then after a reevaluation the players could choose to keep them on the perm ban list or remove them. I did realize that most of the cards are overpowered but they should get a fair trial. As for Striker/Rowdy/Yayoi I would definitely say these cards should be sent back into the meta. Wee Lee I can't say, but I would like to see Wee Lee in the game again, he's powerfull but he's not godly like Jackie Cr, or Grak.

@ 0 avist, The big 5 shouldn't be let free at this point in time. General Cr can do 12 damage and has SOA(the only one that I could see being let off), Kiki Cr is a beast and would cause over inflation of Roots players(SOA clans are annoying enough as it is), There simply aren't enough cards at this time that can take down Guru who has 8 power with SOB, Lyse Teria Cr is only beatable by like less then 1% of all cards in a 4-6 pill battle, and DJ Korr Cr.... is possibly the best fork in the game, where you can use him as a bluff or get in 8 damage. We aren't equipped to battle these cards, but be patient it will happen soon, just you wait!

Besides who knows maybe a year down the rode they'll make a new game mode where u have like 13 pills 15 life and your deck has to have 27 stars or something, with all cards being allowed at all times.
135/155
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 14/08/2012, 18:30

@GvnOva: Dominating clans are as much of a myth as Bigfoot. Some clans just fit a particular play style better than others. If there are more people who have that playstyle, and feel comfortable playing that clan, it can become more prominent.

Some examples:

I like to play poker. Nobody ever calls my bluffs! ----> play SoA clan
I like to put 25 pills on a card with 7 power and then make my opponents guess which wall I'll try to hit with! -----> play Skeelz
I like to eat crayons! Especially the red ones! ----> play Rescue

136/155
owButtacup Ld - Veteran - ONE WORLD English
Tuesday 14/08/2012, 22:54

...and I was planning to play Rescue last week, but I hate eating crayons.
137/155
Wakshaani - Titan English
Thursday 16/08/2012, 09:36

ELO bans are getting better and better at bringing the game where it needs to be.

I just want to see Uranus go back out, along with Spaghetti. SPlashable DR that reduce hits to a single point? That'sj ust not good.
138/155
wats_happenin - Titan - Limit Break English
Thursday 16/08/2012, 15:50

Hahahahahaa Ghelas....epic description!!!!

Skeelz is so true....haha I hit with Greem, I have Chiara/Sandro and Dr Falkenstein waiting for you....which one will end your game?

And Rescue......good old Rescue
139/155
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Thursday 16/08/2012, 20:58

Looks like I'm the only Mono Junkz player anymore. Any other Junkies out there?

What is the main problem with Junkz for me? It's mostly the problem of making a life gap.

Fuzz and Haze are the main elo damagers but I find time and time again that 6 power have lost me many battles. Really wish Rowdy was back in action, or even that the UR staff make a nice 3-5 star Junkz that can dish out.

I feel Junkz needs a support card. Something like Moses would really do it for this clan, perhaps even a card with coppy opp bonus.
140/155
Trance-Dragon - Guru - Eternal Wanderers English
Thursday 16/08/2012, 21:19

To be honest, I haven't seen any GHEIST Elo players in any of my Elo matches as well which kind of shocked me even before UR Staff said they will ban Draheera. Why ban this card when it is the only good 4 star card remaining in Elo at the time? Draheera gets the +4 power but it wasn't that much of a threat to players IN MY OPINION.

Why ban Lea? To me it was a real kick in the teeth for all Rescue players in my opinion and it just wrecked up Rescue and same goes for Elvira. Sledg and Kerry will most likely be used in all Rescue decks im sure of it since they both are really good cards. Spyke was obviously going to get permabanned. Lehane has been banned but it isnt much of a devastating blow when there are other 2 star cards that can easily be helpful in your Sentinel deck. I want to see Striker , Arno and Arkn unbanned.

Striker doesn't seem to pose too much of a threat now since many new cards with the Stop: Power +X or Stop: Damage +X so it should be fine

Yookie should be banned not Arno! Arno doesnt pose much of a threat towards card when it comes to attacking since 4 power isnt really going to be enough to take down 2 stars like Jeff, Sasha , Spiaghi etc. His DR ability may seem like alot but Yookie has the advantage of actually being able to do some damage even though he has that -2 opp dmg min 1.

Arkn is the best 2* in GHEIST and I haven't seen a single person use him in any game mode since Elo is where Arkn shines the most so bring Arkn back!

« Previous12...910111213141516Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals