Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Ok.... still trying to work out why the bans/un-bans?

Monday 06/08/2012, 12:39
MadLampy_MoB - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
26 messages
MadLampy_MoB - Legend English - Monday 06/08/2012, 12:39

"Changes to characters banned in ELO

The list of ELO banned characters has been updated. See below for an overview of the changes made. The following cards have been permanently added to the list of characters banned in ELO: - Spyke (Berzerk) - Lehane (Sentinel) - Draheera (GHEIST) - Lea (Rescue) - Elvira (Rescue) The following cards have been permanently removed from the list of characters banned in ELO: - Kerry (Rescue) - Sledg (Rescue)"

ok Spyke we all expected for a while now, that one is fair enough

Lehane - sure... and where is the perma ban for flannagan? she's 2 damage and just a wall... TBH Jean is more imba but ofc that would require you admitting you put an imba card in NB... oh wait, you did since Spyke is gone now

Draheera - sure she has SOA clan ... but a lot of cards still own her and if she gets hit by SOA just about everything owns her
Lea & Elvira - you know, for the first time in history of me playing i actually feel sorry for Rescue players. you just ripped the only playable SOB and SOA out of a clan.... then again you ripped the only DR out of pirannas

Kerry and Sledg un-banned... like that makes up for Lea and Elvira... a 4 star that's been replaced and a 5 star that didn't see much use outside T2 after Pastor/Nancy/Aurora came out?

TBH guys, i'd like to see the reasoning behind all of them apart from Spyke ( him i'll let slide even though that mean you now need to release a decent 4* to replace him ) as would others
« Previous123Next »

21/26
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 20/08/2012, 01:38

That's the problem with damage bonus clans. You're always going to be more or less copying something. The fact that they're capable of doing 2 extra damage with bonus, but need to still be decent if bonus is blocked, really limits their options... Because you end up with a fine line between "OP" and "too weak for ELO play."

With Spyke, Berzerk had a solid half-deck lineup, but without him, they lack that excellent round-winner. And unless some clever new ability comes out, any round-winner that fills a similar role to Spyke is going to look like something that FPC, Freaks, or Junta already have.
22/26
subclavianHoA - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 20/08/2012, 03:18

It's not that hard to make round winners for Berzerk, they did it for a lot of other non-attack/power manip clans.

2* 8/1 +2 power? (aka Berzerk Chan)
3* 8/3 SOB? (aka Berzerk Shifou)
4* 8/5 COB? (aka Berzerk futoshi)
5* 7/7 -12 opp attack min 8? (aka Berzerk Askai)
23/26
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 20/08/2012, 03:34

Oh yeah, I think all of those would work. The only (slight, IMO) issue being is that people wouldn't feel they're original cards.

Maybe if the developers are feeling ballsy, they could even introduce the first "natural" 9 power? That would be something to see.
24/26
WildCard2180 - Legend English
Monday 20/08/2012, 03:56

Flanagan and Lehane aren't even comparable. The latter is in a much more powerful overall clan and has one more power. Lehane needed to be banned due to her OP nature and the over-use of the clan in general.

Draheera ban is okay in a vacuum, but when you consider that there's no real good four star replacements (Anibal isn't even comparable) then I don't agree with it, at least not totally.

Spyke is the opposite of Lehane in a way. Both are OP, though Sypke too a much greater extent, but Spyke was the only card putting Berzerk into ELO use. Without him they won't see any. Overall though, it was an obvious ban though.

The Rescue bans and unbans were totally fair. All four cards were overpowered and thus it leaves the clan in balanced use while shifting the clan usage to a more high star card focus.
25/26
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Monday 20/08/2012, 06:18

It is worth mentioning though that the Rescue bans does prevent them from running 2 5*s forcing Rescue to choose between one 5*s and one 4* if they want to run the unbanned cards.

Now about Berzerk it'd be interesting to see a +pwr & dmg ability Berzerk, especially if it was unconditional. a 4* 7/5 with such a ability would be truly fearsome indeed yet not necessarily broken in any way(at the very least it's the same weakness Spyke had, SoA).
26/26
Wakshaani - Titan English
Monday 20/08/2012, 07:11

1300 brainless spammers?

I only broke 1300 once, and that was with mono-Freaks a few years back.

Man.

I *wsh* I had that kind of trouble.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals