The Forbidden Art of Necromancy

Monday 06/08/2012, 21:22
ghelas - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
15 messages
ghelas - Titan - The TrendEnglish - Monday 06/08/2012, 21:22

I've always wondered why there is such a strong opposition to necromancy on the UR forums, given that some threads are on-going discussions that stay relevant. I understand that in some cases a 2 year old thread concerning actual gameplay doesn't apply anymore, but I think that's a given. Can someone explain why on-topic posts in old threads are discouraged? Is there a real reason for this?

Another bit of UR forum etiquette I don't understand is that people are not allowed to publicly speculate regarding which cards will CR. People speculate privately or in guild, and assume things based on which cards are increasing in price, etc. Does keeping people from discussing this topic on the boards actually help the economy in any way?

Thanks in advance for any insight you guys can provide!
« Previous12Next »

11/15
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 08/08/2012, 22:15

Its mainly to stop anuther player trying to get a player to think a card will go Cr so that player will buy a lot of a card which might not go Cr so so that cards price increases for the other player. Its also to stop annoying spam which dosn't have much point like "I think ??? will be Cr" because ???? could be every non-Cr/Ld card.
12/15
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Thursday 09/08/2012, 08:02

It just seems like part of typical game discussion to me. Any player's opinion on any aspect of the game might turn out to be either misleading, or useful. So, where do you draw the line?

Is it bad to discuss which New Blood cards will go up in price when they cycle out of NB packs?
Is it bad to discuss which clans are the most profitable when you buy a pack that lets you select clans?
Is it bad to discuss which clans are the best, in general?

These are all things that a player could be incorrect about, or even lie about in order to increase the value of his own cards. But they could also be informative topics. I think CR discussion is in the same boat -- someone who's talking about CRs in an intelligent way, and explaining why he thinks certain cards might go CR, is potentially benefiting other players, and if nothing else, providing more good content on the forums.
13/15
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Thursday 09/08/2012, 13:19

So the discussion really isn't about necromancy or cr speculation, it should be about information and how that's interpreted by the masses.

Ghelas, I've mentioned before in another post that I think you're quite smart
problem is, when I look at the Dutch fora, they're crappy, run over by children who haven't got the faintest idea what the hell is going on..

and well..

I could say for example Vryer will go Cr, because I read an email Joannie sent to a Dutch moderator
and before I've pressed sent, Vryer will be bought in bulks...
Not nice to say, but there are a lot of stupid people here and they can't help themselves..
these people unfortunately are not alone like smart people.. they tend to come in bunches
and listens to "famous" people they see around the board, at the top of their respective country top 25

For these people information needs to be clear, well understandable and there should't be any discussion possible..
and with the topics you've started this thread about, that simply isn't gonna fly..

- stupid people will do exactly what smart people suggest, insinuate or plainly lie about..
- stupid people cannot be trusted to check a date, they will simply take a thread for granted and respond to it..
- If someone says "jump" they're gonna wanne know when that jump will become Cr and tell the rest of the stupid bunch that "Jump" is a card they should get!

all in all there can't be faulty information for the masses it needs to be simple!
14/15
AsianRepublic - Legend - Misfits English
Thursday 25/04/2013, 17:21

I SHALL CAST THE STRONG ART OF NECROMANCY RIGHT NOW, MUAHAHAHA!
15/15
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 25/04/2013, 21:30

Lol,AR playing the irony card.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals