[when sense makes no sense!]

Thursday 23/08/2012, 11:00
Knight Spawn - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
Knight Spawn - Hero English - Thursday 23/08/2012, 11:00

To all the heroes in the game, there is a feature on urban rivals that makes absolutely
no sense. when the game mode is put on (normal) in battle you`ll find that your attack
number can not be greater than your rivals. example: First round, my attack number is
35 & my rival`s attack number is 32. believe or not, my rivals 32 beats my 35 attack.
can someone tell me the logic in this? it`s kind of hard for a hero to save the day, when
you get beat across the head like that... yours truly, knight spawn!
« Previous12Next »

2/11
ACalculus - Veteran - aussie crusaders English
Thursday 23/08/2012, 11:32

Normal mode actually means random (confusing i know)
what you want is non random mode
3/11
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 23/08/2012, 12:03

Your game is set to random which means theres a chance the lowest attack actually wins. To change it click on your name in the box to the left, then click change your preferances and scroll down to find a change to non-random option.
4/11
Thursday 23/08/2012, 22:36

Random or not, it makes no sense for the lowest attack to win. the greatest attack should
aways rule over the fool that got caught slipping; instead this random mode, pities the fool
by giving the lowest attack the win. that`s like giving your local hero a gun filled with blanks
& then expect him to protect the city. do that make sense? holla back for the power to win...
yours truly, knight spawn
5/11
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 23/08/2012, 22:37

All you have to do is change it to non-random in your setting and the highest attack allways wins.
6/11
Friday 24/08/2012, 01:02

Let me be more specific, i would like to know what is the purpose of this random feature?
urban rivals is a great game of battle, to me the random feature should have no place on
the battle field...
7/11
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Friday 24/08/2012, 03:33

Bottom line is, just because there's a feature in this game that makes no sense to you doesn't mean everybody else feels the same way. It's not taking anything away from the game. Why complain?

If you really yearn for the biggest strategic challenge UR has to offer, go be a hero in ELO.
8/11
about4turtles - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 24/08/2012, 04:12

1. There are probably some people out there who enjoy a little more luck involved. Most probably dont but there are some out there.

2. Imagine it this way, if 2 people are fighting and one is slightly stronger than the other there is a chance (not much but still a chance) that the weaker one can pull off an upset whether its because of a mistake by the stronger one or some other reason. It gives the game a sense of realism because in this world the only things written in stone are death and taxes.
9/11
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 24/08/2012, 05:12

1. why there is a "normal" mode?
because UR starts with this normal mode
yes, I played in this condition, where noob with Dr Saw or kenny can win with 1 hit because of luck

however there is a way to counter this randomness: we called it a sure shot.
sure shot is a guarantee win when you have two times attack more than your opp (main reason why Uppers, Montana and Rescue really popular at that time)
Uppers and Montana can reduce opp att significantly which makes it easy to do sure shot
Rescue which makes it easy for you to get lucky (that's where all started.. clan for noobs)

2. in normal mode, it is so funny that I'm sure you will not gonna with play it
using your example:
you: 35 att
your opp: 32 att
add together: 67

so your chance to win: 35/67 * 100 = only 52.24% (yes, pretty much it is still a 50-50)
when you can reach 66.66% you can get a sure shot

yes, old players need to deal with these kind of thing esp when being insulted by losing against noob with Mort Bax, Dr Saw, Crystal, Zlatar, etc
at that time, I even bought whole lot of these character because I don't want more noobs to use these cards
10/11
Friday 24/08/2012, 06:12

Bottom line is , the greater attack can add a redtculous loss to his/her profile.&
for all those who enjoy a little luck, i personally Don`t call it luck, skills or strategy.
i call it highway robbery. i take pride in my wins & earn everything i get on the
battle field! (may the best man win). that my friend is how it should be. agree?
yours truly, knight spawn!

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals