Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Is the popularity of UR increasing or decreasing?

Monday 24/09/2012, 21:45
Frowns - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
72 messages
Frowns - Titan - At the End of the WorldEnglish - Monday 24/09/2012, 21:45

It seems like 10,000 players online is an average number these days. Was it less or more a few years ago?
« Previous12345678Next »

41/72
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 09:45

Too many posts, didnt read but UR BRING BACK TYPE 1. so many fun and useful cards are like useless now.... Lehane, Gil, Striker, Arkn etc. you may say deathmatch but deathmatch is so unrewarding......

what was the reasoning behind taking away t1 survivor again? t1 tourney sounds great too.
42/72
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 11:47

Wow, talk about topic derailment.

As for the original argument, I consider myself as a pretty new player i joined on 04/07/12. UR was my first online cards game. And quite honestly i found this game very addictive.

And yes prices are a big demotivation. Price manipulation almost always hurts the new player, many people feel that its a bit unfair that the card was half its price a month ago and the price would not go back down. Its understandable that staples prices would rise inevitably but when you realize that Wayne Stark, which isn't even a staple would have a price hike, it all feels a bit unfair.

Another one i guess is that UR requires you to spend in some cash, I know the seasoned old players wouldn't mind that but the new player is always the most hesitant on spending cash.

The reason i kept on playing was probably because the Uchtul Romana events which helped me a lot.

And quite frankly i don't mind all these hurdles, because "Its a part of this game."

The only problem i find is that i feel there is a HUGE communication gap between the Players and the Admins. There are so many complaints, and likewise suggestions etc which i feel just go unnoticed. I might be wrong on this, and it could be true that the Admins take note of everything, its just that they don't show it. On so many community message boards there are so many discussions but all of them are done by the players. I find this really disturbing.
43/72
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 12:00

I love the idea of the "Guild Wars". But i just fear that it would be dominated by only a few top/active guilds. I'm sure there could be a way around that.

@wise owl
I agree UR has very low publicity.
44/72
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 12:11

Admins do take note of player concerns its just that they are very busy so can't always check the message boards (message boards are usually for player vs player discussions though admins pay closer attention to the staff boards when an updates there) .

If you have a problem/suggestion e.c.t please send it to support using page you get from clicking on the green ?. Admins will always check these messages.
45/72
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 14/02/2013, 12:13

Probably because admins/forum moderators have zero power in making any suggestion effective. They can forward the message, but if the upper level of decision tree is ignorant/ has "Its own opinion" then improvements are consistently ignored and instead some other vision is enforced.

Probably the marketing department is trying to make this game "more easily approacble" by "general public" thus game is dumbed down. They consistently ignore the fact that TCG game is and never will be targeted for general public. So this game hangs constantly between "the impossible vision" cherished by owners and the real needs of the real userbase of UR that actually know what they want and what would appeal to us (and our kind) more.

Thats probably why they branched to fantasy rivals, they try to make it the "impossible vision" while keep the benefits of UR playerbase. They might run into fact that TCG cannot be generalized to everyman, because everyman has other tastes unlike us.

All this would chance if community was given the absolute power to steer the game.
46/72
wise owl - Hero English
Friday 15/02/2013, 02:17

@Hashburki The communication gap is something that I see too. I know the moderators are very active with the players and take our opinions into consideration which is great. But it seems like nothing ever gets done about it.
47/72
Alhalish - Hero - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 15/02/2013, 10:21

I can't see how that would be a bad thing, hashburki.
Isn't a competitive environment one of the reasons why people play games?

Well, whether my idea gets accepted or not, it doesn't matter much to me, I just like sharing a piece of my mind.
48/72
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 15/02/2013, 12:35

"what was the reasoning behind taking away t1 survivor again?"
That it never existed in the first place?
49/72
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 15/02/2013, 13:18

It was ELO and T2 survivor not T1 and T2
50/72
Wahzoo - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 15/02/2013, 23:40

I really wish FR would fail so UR could actually be worked on.

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals