Sore losers, or just self centered?

Saturday 29/09/2012, 19:55
Tansur - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
Tansur - Guru - The TrendEnglish - Saturday 29/09/2012, 19:55

You people who time out or quit before your opponent can KO you. Are you just bratty sore losers, or are you so self centered you don't realize that there are other people trying to do KO missions too?

There is no way to cheat in UR. If I beat you because I made a good move, its not cheating, its good game play. So what are you upset about? Are you upset because unexpected moves make the game challenging? Would you really be happy if there was no challenge to the game, and you effortlessly won every match?

Learn sportsmanship if you want to play against real people. If you enjoy the competition UR provides by offering you real, thinking opponents then you need to grow up and learn some respect. Sore losers ruin competition.
« Previous12Next »

11/19
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 01/10/2012, 18:51

@Tansur:

While I agree with you to a large extent, I think you can't be too quick to dismiss the fact that sometimes people will just have completely different standards than you. Sometimes it's not malice so much as people's notions of what's good have evolved a bit, for better or for worse.

I wouldn't EVER deliberately stall, and I would never resign in a DT, but I literally resign in ELO each time a game is obviously (or even probably) lost. I personally feel that most ELO players come into the room to try to work on their ELO score, and I feel that resigning gives them more time to do so. It also strikes me as a polite way to acknowledge your respect for your opponent's skill.

It never occurred to me that it might be frustrating to someone in ELO that I've resigned... My personal preference is not to waste time sitting in a game I've won -- I'd rather my opponent quit, and if I need that extra KO, I can go play many quick, reckless games in DT.

I'm considerably younger than you, though still quite old by UR standards. My observation is that computers have increased desire for efficiency in people. I think ELO resignations are an example of that. In some cases, it's easy to mistake someone innocently trying to do things in a different way for disrespect. Just some food for thought.
12/19
Tansur - Guru - The Trend English
Monday 01/10/2012, 19:41

Perhaps I should redirect this conversation. My fault for having not mentioned it in the original post, but I am not referring to ELO. I'm speaking entirely about DTs. I would never do ld KO missions in ELO.

That being said, I also ditch obviously lost battles in ELO, as I know it is the norm, and in fact is viewed by most as proper etiquette. Battle points mean very little outside of DTs, so elongating a lost battle is just wasting time. In DTs though it is a very different story, and if morals and ideas have chaned over time then I am here to educate anyone who reads this:

Unaware players,

If you did not know, many Ld missions are completed in DTs. If you know there is a KO mission please be mindful and remember we are many of us trying for KOs. If someone is in a position to KO you, respect them enough to give them the credit they deserve.
13/19
DUC-Fabio - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Monday 01/10/2012, 20:44

But why would you settle for negative bp if u can just wait it out 1 minute and play fast 1pill
i dont get it
bp is important
14/19
Kee_Wee - Master - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 02/10/2012, 00:40

I agree with Tansur.
15/19
mahawirasd - Titan - Immortality English
Tuesday 02/10/2012, 10:14

If i may bring back what spinalcracker said, imho it could really be a good solution for all involved.
"Put the opponent on artificial intelligence, using a random number of pillz when they timeout. This will satisfy the player who is trying to accomplish their missions and even gives someone with spotty internet connection a chance to win."

or even make the AI pick any card with just 1 pill - thereby granting the opponent who gets delayed due to the player's lag/time-wasting an assured win

this way ppl after KO missions etc can still achieve it, and those aiming for high DT scores can maximize their scores by winning each round and not be so hurt due to the time-wasting/lag from their opponent.

W
16/19
KurobaRyuu - Hero - The Fellowship of the Ring English
Wednesday 04/09/2013, 08:06

I found opposite situation too. In tourney, often see someone so slow even though he's sure win (or lose). The first case also often. For win, I mean nothing to thought about. For example, I remain only 1 pillz and he 8 pillz and only 2 pill is enough for him. No complex ability/bonus. That give him 5 minute to send 5 pillz down (Why you think so long if you'll play like this).
I ever thought, is there some group play together to slow other people down lol. It just a joke feeling (but it works, isn't it?)
In fact, after I search advice in board and I go to setting as advice. I see 'Abandon fight' button.**
I think it should useable. By give winner most score he can, and give loser minimum score he can (without penalty)
as volunteer 'resign'. Winner don't lose anything because he max his price. Loser safe time.
In tourney, times you play is significant. Usual 2 loss game may equal 1 win. Although it may 1:5 score sometimes.
I'm also very bored in survivor. Found some people play full time (red alert remain 1 second) from first turn to last turn.
I think, is he bot? - Funny thought again
Really, you will think the same. Who can click when remain 1-2 sec every time.

**I read a post say 'Abandon fight' click is penalty. Is it correct? so why must have it. It should not be the same as just close the game. Is it support people who time out or quit.

As mahawirasd suggest. winner =KO and loser is penalty. And it would be good to have resign button.
17/19
Dexwell - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 05/09/2013, 00:42

Let's just all agree this topic has been discussed extensively over the years and that there will be real punishment to prevent people from doing it. The fact is a harsh punishment cannot be handed down to people because the reason for abandoned fights cannot be known. The person could have simply lost their internet connection, so giving them a harsh penalty would be absurd, and then we'd see posts about how this is injustice just like we see these kinds of posts.
18/19
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 05/09/2013, 04:33

When one times out in a game (or goes AFK, curses you out, reports you for showing your superior skills, etc.) they realize that they are inferior to your superior gameplay and fall to the ground and cry, wishing they'd be as good as you are. Happens in all games.
19/19
imapizza - Veteran - City of Glass The Guild English
Thursday 19/09/2013, 01:28

I think there should be a forfeit button. a forfeit button that counts as a ko for the opponent. sometimes i dont feel like waiting for somebody to sit there and take their sweet time wasting me when i know ive lost after the first round. and not being able to play for 15 mins after 3 TO or abandoning the fight. i'll admit i abandon fights like crazy when im on a crappy streak. But i never time out a battle on purpose. so i think a forfeit button would be perfect

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals