ELO is not broken (a magical rant)

Monday 29/10/2012, 23:56
ghelas - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
76 messages
ghelas - Admin - The TrendEnglish - Monday 29/10/2012, 23:56

I hear a lot of complaints about ELO mode these days, what with cards like Kalindra and Askai roaming free.
I think these come from people focusing too much on cards that are individually strong and not enough on which cards have good synergy. Right now, building a good ELO deck is a fun puzzle. Which cards are banned this week? What can I do to counter the strong cards that aren't banned? While everyone is busy complaining, I am having the time of my life.

Let's take a look at Kalindra (the card people complain about most) and then take a look at some possible half-decks in two different clans, FPC and Pussycats. Think about using Fei, Chan, Shifou, and Zhu Tang -- three of those cards can easily beat Kalindra pill-for-pill, and the forth lets you threaten a fairly big life-per-damage gap of your own. Think about using Clover, Charlie, Lucy, and Ella in a Pussycats half-deck... All of these reduce Kalindra's damage so hard, that it's impossible for her to be the huge threat she usually is.

I think the definition of "OP" in this game is starting to change. When most players say a card is "OP" they now mean "I have to work to counter this card, and I don't wanna." A card that forces you right out of your comfort zone and into a creative deck you would have never tried otherwise is *good,* both for you and for UR. IMO, you can complain, or you can step up your deck-building game. The choice is yours.

Sincerely,
14/4 with an Ulu/Vortex deck so far this week.
« Previous12345678Next »

71/76
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Monday 03/11, 14:20

Lol you are like Immanuel Kant posthumously answering David Hume!

95% of the players in this thread aren't even playing anymore...
72/76
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 03/11, 15:56

I don't know whether to call you out on necromancy or the missed pun opportunity.
73/76
TheOPG - Imperator - Casual Grind English
Tuesday 04/11, 03:00

This is a good thread. More, please.
74/76
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Tuesday 04/11, 18:45

And as we all know, Hume was right about more things than Hume
75/76
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Wednesday 05/11, 11:28

I didn't exhume this - post 70.
76/76
D3ath the Kid - Hero - Open Casket English
Wednesday 05/11, 14:24

Kitsune , you're here, I saw bison around, and ghelas is an admin now.

All we need

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals