A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12...91011121314...2122Next »

111/215
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Sunday 16/12/2012, 21:54

With T Gaank, Vortex halves are stupidly solid, I just discovered. They're possibly a little low on the tier list, but I guess we'll see for sure in a few weeks when more people get thier hands on the T Gaank
112/215
0 ComeAtMe - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Sunday 16/12/2012, 22:03

Freaks are dependent on 2 cards, at least 1 of them has to be unbanned for the clan to be useable (at a high level). Not very often do I see a half deck Freaks when both Olga and Bogdan are banned. That's why they are Tier 3.
113/215
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Monday 17/12/2012, 14:28

Olga, Grudj, and Bogdan make me cry in ELO.
114/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Monday 17/12/2012, 20:35

0 ComeAtMe:

I think your tier list looks pretty good overall. The only thing I can't figure out is what Bangers are doing in T3.

I think UR players in general don't give Freaks and Vortex enough credit, either. Freaks are 100% fine without Olga and Bogdan -- there are numerous ways to build and play Freaks. They have strong cards with decent damage and pill manipulation, and you can combine them with any kind of life gain to make that Min 3 negligible. As for Vortex, they are a good but math-heavy clan, forcing you to try to plan a fork well in advance if you want to reliably win. T Gaank makes them considerably stronger by being a card with good base stats and situational round-winning ability that ALSO goes through DR. Their biggest weakness is still SoA, but that's easy enough to fix with a good NM or Jungo half-deck.
115/215
0 ComeAtMe - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Monday 17/12/2012, 22:35

Bangers are like Freaks. They rely on 2 cards to be unbanned to be useable and my god they are strong when Beeboy is unbanned. Beeboy itself is stupidly overpowered, much like Kalindra. A few clans could be moved up or down 1 depending on preference.

When it comes to the topic of Vortex they are not yet strong enough to function a strong mono deck like Jungo or Rescue. They have a fantastic half deck but as Ghelas stated, it is prone to SOA and DR. Very difficult clan to play with, that's why they earned their way into T5. However they can be moved up to T4, it's preference really.
116/215
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 04:41

My list does not account for Weekly bans at all.
117/215
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 05:01

I have several theories that are reflected in my tier rankings.

For instance, between 3 base damage and 4 base damage is a tipping point. The vast majority (mode in math) of 3* characters in ELO are 4 base damage. When you use a character that has less than that standard, in doesn't matter if it is 2*, 3*, or 4*, you vastly decrease your chance of winning the match by winning only two rounds. So I devalue clans whose topend 3* characters do not have 4 base damage such as Fang Pi Clang and Jungo.

There is also a tipping point between 6 and 7 base damage. This is because 4+ Fury is only 6. So 7 base damage is extremely valuable.

I think a lot of players don't understand the mathematical value of base damage.

There is also a huge tipping point between 7 and 8 power. Most power reducing characters target 7 power but have far less advantage against 8 power. The entire All- Stars clan, for instance, eats through 7 power because 7-5 is a huge advantage, while 7-6 can be overcome by just 1 pill. A 7 power character has no chance against Olga.

So base stats are not linear values!

Also I tend to value 5-3 half decks over mono or 4-4 half decks. Anyone who has ever played Magic knows this principle: you'd rather have a powerful bonus you can rely on consistently than 2 bonuses which only go off 50% each. So I rate Uppers and Bangers high because I use them in 5, not mono or 4-4. And they are deadly when you concentrate their best 5 characters.

Finally, metagame
118/215
DUC-j00p - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 18:01

Interesting post, what clans do you consider good as 3 cards halfdeck?
119/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 18/12/2012, 19:05

@Kitsune:

Re: theory 1: It does noooo good to look at low* cards OUT of context. First of all, Jungo has more than enough heavy hitters. Ongh, Askai, or Troompah can easily land and compensate for the "low" damage that their 2*s have. Secondly, Jungo's 2*s have utility. Many of them can be sacrificed to prevent damage, rather than having to hit. Mindy forces pills. Pegh has good DR. Jean causes heart attacks. And if that wasn't enough, Jungo's 1 damage cards slide through DR like a hot knife through butter, still gapping for 3! Annnnd if THAT wasn't enough, life gain has synergy with poison, effectively reducing a poison's Min in some situations (since the gap from life gain happens in YOUR life total and does not count against the Min!) Hold on, one more... If THHHHHAAAAAAAAAT wasn't enough, early life gain PREVENTS your opponent from being able to KO you in almost every ELO situation!

Long story short, Jungo's +Life bonus is > Junta and FPC's, because of the many advantages that life gain offers. Not all of these advantages are instantly obvious, but they effect the game in a big way.

Theory 2/3: Again, you just can't afford to examine cards individually in this game. Your theories are right, but you need to look at their relevance in the context of other cards, abilities, bonuses, and so forth. Very few ELO games are won by KO. Decks that mitigate your opponent's strategies are a lot stronger than ones that threaten KO (hence the overwhelming popularity of La Junta.)
120/215
g0dtierx - Senior English
Thursday 20/12/2012, 00:49

When you use a character that has less than that standard, in doesn't matter if it is 2*, 3*, or 4*, you vastly decrease your chance of winning the match by winning only two rounds.

Man, it annoys me so much that someone with a Personal best recorded on Saturday 31/03/12 in the ELO Hall Of Fame: 1342 ELO. (20950th) thinks he's right and that 1400's players are wrong...

« Previous12...91011121314...2122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals