A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12...111213141516...2122Next »

131/215
ghelas - Admin - The Trend English
Friday 21/12/2012, 09:02

@ComeAtMe: There are some very good 5/3 splits. The math does matter in this case.

@Kitsune: You bring up a lot of good points, but the quality of play changes completely when you get around t100. Most of your opponents will use refined decks and strategies. One thing worth noting -- many t100 players are using mono Jungo this week. I'm quite sure that's not an accident.

When I say "Winning a Cr worth 1m = sinking about $77 into Urban Rivals," I mean that that's the amount of gain from a decent Cr win. So to say that you're not paid to bring in 1400s isn't strictly accurate...
132/215
0 ComeAtMe - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Friday 21/12/2012, 12:43

How many times do you see each week people making tops with 5/3 splits? rarely. The best players use 4/4 splits or mono, that's because their deck is built right. By saying their deck I built right, I mean that the bonus(es) they chose go well with their cards and has good supporting card (once again Jean is a prime example of this) as well as heavy hitters (Ongh, Troompah etc.). Please excuse everything I am saying if you don't want to be up there with the best players as this will not affect you.
133/215
Friday 21/12/2012, 18:21

@ComeAtMe: The fact that you're mostly seeing 4/4 or mono decks is proof that those work, not that everything else doesn't.
134/215
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Friday 21/12/2012, 20:10

Tut tut, I wonder why no one ever mentioned mono-Piranas as a threat. Not a single worthy mention here, must be a matter of playstyle and too few people bothering to learn the play the clan the old pillz manip way considering how all I see are a bunch of new-gen Lizbeth and Amiral Coco players. The clan ain't supposed to overpower through sheer force dangit! Pillz manip is what keeps the game interesting for me in my opinion.
135/215
KitsuneKatsumi - Imperator - XiongDang English
Saturday 22/12/2012, 06:03

I never claimed Jean was a weak link in Jungo. I said the weak links are Pegh and Mindy. Jean is wonderful as a single character. But the clan as a whole has a structural weakness when their top 3 2* characters all have only 1 base damage, and this is also a clan whose power comes from characters that have support abilities, meaning you cannot minimize the impact of this weakness by using a 1/2 deck.

Kusuri, Redra and Spiaghi are all 2* characters with better defeat/ DR abilities, and then you have Lucy and Cyb Lhia as well as better characters with a defeat/ DR bonus.
136/215
Saturday 22/12/2012, 08:29

Kitsune, you can't very well call a card "weak" because a couple of better cards are out there somewhere. Pegh is roughly on par or a little weaker than most of the cards you listed. He also stronger than many other 2* DRs. And, of course, many clans are not lucky enough to have a 2* DR at all.

But, even more importantly, there's just one thing you really need to address. You've stated that you deliberately avoid going past a certain level of ELO. I think you have to admit that what you're talking right now is theory, rather than fact. You haven't had a chance to observe whether these theories hold up at higher levels of ELO play, have you? And here you are: a bunch of successful ELO players are telling you that they do not, in fact, hold up. Is it still reasonable to defend those theories? If so, why?
137/215
Saturday 22/12/2012, 10:02

Think of it like this: no one claims Montana is a topend clan. But compare Montana's 2* to Jungo's 2*.

Spiaghi vs. Pegh - most players would agree here that Spiaghi is a far better DR character than Pegh.
Prince Jr vs. Mindy - Prince Jr is a far better fighter than Mindy.
Angelo vs Jean - Angelo is almost always going to be played at 1 pill for 24 virtual attack. Only at 0 pills or 6+ pills is Jean better than Angelo. How often is Jean going to be played at 6+ pills? Never.

+2 life on 1 damage characters is an enormous waste. -12 attack? That always has to be accounted for.

Then you consider that, although Jungo has their advantages in 4* and (in a very general comparison) 5* characters, Montana are not nearly as dependent on their Support characters for pure power. You can have a very formidable 5 Montana augmented 1/2. I can't do that with Jungo.
138/215
Saturday 22/12/2012, 10:24

Ghelas, well it's pointless right? You're right, my personal subjectivity is limited to experience of 1250-1350 ELO. It is also limited to the clans that I most often choose to use: Junkz, All Stars, Freaks, Vortex, Piranas, Skeelz, Uppers and Jungo. If I rate Junkz as Tier 1 and Jungo as Tier 3, it's because I love to fight Jungo when I am running Junkz, and I have trouble when the roles are reversed.

It also reflects who I am as a player. I have long used Piranas; Piranas were the clan the I first fell in love with. My experience playing Piranas is completely different from my experience playing against Piranas; so I can understand why many players would rank Piranas much lower than Tier 3; but I also find that many players use very average Piranas characters that I would never use such as Ector, Selma and Raeth. It also means that I value pill manipulation, on Junkz and on Skeelz.

Everyone only comes from subjectivity. I wish that ComeAtMe would explain why he rates Nightmare in Tier 2, and Sakrohm as not in Tier 7. If he explained why Nightmare or Sakrohm make a comeback in 1400+ play, I would understand it. To me, his rankings reflects his experience playing Roots, and not a reflection of 1400+ play.

I also spend far more time analyzing this game's metagame than I should, and I have very specific reasons about how I feel about each clan. My personal listings reflect hours upon hours of idle thought, not something only considered for 20 minutes.
139/215
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Saturday 22/12/2012, 15:23

Lol montanas are only now on par because of angelos release... huge difference made.

yah its true that jungos weak link WOULD be getting 3 2*s and facing Piranas. but seriously, whats the probability of that happening?? and even then they are not unplayable, winning 3 rounds is still totally possible.
140/215
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Saturday 22/12/2012, 15:36

And blame me if im wrong, but why is La Junta sooooo unpopular. i mean they are totally usable....

5*: Naginata one of the most threatening 5 stars still usable versus soa. Ray is also doable?
4*: Isatis mono beast, Arnie great defeat card, Bryan 7 power a bit low, but SoA is lovely, Brianna seems very solid
3*: Trish unopposed GREAT GREAT card (compare to Noemi, Edwin yah different bonus but still!), Wyre solid soa again, Milena Jane Ramba Cr both usable, Nahomi kinda bad but anti soa
2*: INSANE GOOD LINEUP, Thormund 1 damage but cmon 11 power, Victoria kills SoA, Tolliver personal fave compare to Burger?, Dean/ Wardog very usable too

i think they are good in both mono AND half??

« Previous12...111213141516...2122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals