A dedicated ELO clan tier list

Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18
{) - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
215 messages
{) - Veteran English - Tuesday 06/11/2012, 19:18

*disclamer* just to start this of i am not some pro l33t player or anything like that and this just my opinion and it is subject to change.

tier 1-

GHEIST their bonus is just so damn stong and well their cards are much better than their counterpart the Roots imo, i dont think they are the best and they have their weakness "like SoB" and their mono decks arent as stong with the recent perma banns

Montana that attack reduction is just insane, they have so many good cards like Mona, Griezzo and Spiaghi probably the best clan, makes a nice mono or half deck

Skeelz so solid good in a half deck, mono and splash does pretty much every thing. nuff said

Piranas before i get started i have to say they are my main "well used to be" their bonus is really good, clans that need it like Rescue and GHEIST are just slaughtered most of their cards have huge power, pill manipulation is real strong Scrubb can just overpill and get away with it. Only down side half deck isnt so strong imo and their perma banns really make a difference.

Vortex their clan bonus is so forgiving and allows you to make huge plays and not geting punished for it, however the main problem is their bonus doent win fights. btw they are on the edge of being top of tier 2 but im nice like that.

ok so thats the end of tier 1 i just wanna say that thats not in any order and that if your favourite clan isnt there tier 2 is still very viable they just have down sides that tier 1 dont.
« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

151/215
Saintrl - Master - Bronies English
Sunday 23/12/2012, 21:32

@the oracle

Did seriously NOT read what I posted before you? The Jungo bonus is nowhere near being the same as the La Junta bonus for the reasons I already posted.

@wats_happenin

I disagree with La Junta needing more atk manip to be good. You could also pair La Junta with an atk manip clan to ameliorate this if it was that simple. I personally think that from a power manip side La Junta have some of the best ability based power manip overall. Just look at Trish for example!
152/215
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 25/12/2012, 07:28

The irony that I was pointing out is that the same players who think Piranas should be played with Ector, Selma and Raeth are the same ones that think Piranas is Tier 5. If you play Ector, Selma and Raeth then I agree Piranas is Tier 5...

Ector and Selma are 7 power characters with no combat bonuses. This is the easiest Mark in all of ELO. The majority of power reducers target and annihilate 7 power. Any good ELO preset has multiple ways of handling 7 power characters.

Raeth is also 7 power. He also has a decent fight ability. But he is a very standard character. I don't think he's bad but I don't think he's amazing either. So I would never run him, when there are so many absolutely amazing 4* characters available.
153/215
wats_happenin - Titan - Limit Break English
Tuesday 25/12/2012, 09:07

'Amazing 4* characters'...umm which ones? Scubb is good and it just spirals vertically downwards from there. I'm pretty sure most people agree with me when I say Raeth is the best 4* Piranas card, aside from maybe Scubb in mono

I wouldn't say Selma is a bad card by any stretch...alot of people prefer her due to stability vs everything over the other 5* shakier base stats...I personally don't prefer her but I know she is considered a very good card

And Again Ector is a bit of a necessity for Piranas, bringing some very needed 'unreducable' damage...I know I turn to him alot simply because Pirana's need cards that can punch a hole through the enemy's life as well....

Overall I'm fairly certain people agree with me that at least Ector and Raeth are very good and very staple right now in Piranas, seeing as I face hordes of them in ELO..
154/215
0 ComeAtMe - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 25/12/2012, 10:40

Wow, just wow. I couldn't disagree anymore with what you just said.

Ector is in a deck purely for a DR resistant card (the 6 damage also sets up 2hko opportunities). Look at other cards that have 7 power (Azel, Methane etc.), would you really call them bad cards based on the fact that they are 7 power?

Selma is a game changer, pure and simple. 9 pill Selma vs a 6 pill Ongh, you now have a 7 life gap and only 1 pill down - easy win from there.

Raeth is similar to Tuck, although he doesn't get banned.

ELO is not all about base power and damage, it's about the synergy of the cards. The first minute you get your head around that, you will start to win more and more.
155/215
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 25/12/2012, 10:47

I think this comment

Raeth is also 7 power. He also has a decent fight ability. But he is a very standard character. I don't think he's bad but I don't think he's amazing either. So I would never run him, when there are so many absolutely amazing 4* characters available.

explains most things there is to know about the current state of elo play....
a 7/5 card with attack manip and SOB is not considered amazing????? this is on the same tier as cards like Petra and cards like Edd Cr

but sadly it is true.... getting hit 5 dmg still leaves you out of KO reach for most cards, and chances are you are probably holding a card that reduced that damage or gave you life back.. and now you can hit back with some nasty revenge card.

ELO games have become about how devastating of an effect you can have in the 1 or 2 rounds you can win.

matter of time before a complete rehash of ELO will have to be done.
156/215
KitsuneKatsumi - Titan - XiongDang English
Tuesday 25/12/2012, 10:57

Amazing 4* characters in other clans, sorry if that wasn't clear.
157/215
ghelas - Titan - The Trend English
Tuesday 25/12/2012, 20:36

Heh, if you ask me, this is exactly what's wrong with ELO... People look at raw stats on a card, completely disregarding how solid a card is, what kind of synergy it has with clan mates/members of compatible clans, etc.

To say that Raeth, Petra, or Edd Cr are not good by today's standards means you don't quite grasp the way ELO play has evolved. A good ELO deck is solid in every way: it doesn't die vs SoA, SoB, DR, attack manip, and it can deal with you getting a split draw. The only thing that's sub-par about Raeth, Petra, and Edd is their damage. However, they very easily become a part of a 3-round winning strategy, and work as end-game walls/fury deniers. They have a round-winning edge that very few cards negate, and they are still useful cards even if you happen to draw them without bonus.

When you get around t100, you will definitely run into players whose decks negate your damage, primarily through SoA and "double-duty" DRs like Marina. When that happens, if your deck is not flexible enough to threaten a 3-round win, you will almost certainly lose.
158/215
Avoid-50-50 - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Tuesday 25/12/2012, 21:24

I was sure this thread couldn't get any worse but here it is the true gem

"The irony that I was pointing out is that the same players who think Piranas should be played with Ector, Selma and Raeth are the same ones that think Piranas is Tier 5. If you play Ector, Selma and Raeth then I agree Piranas is Tier 5..."

Raeth who forces 2 more pills to beat is bad ? its not always about winning the round its about gaining pill advantage , which i'm fairly certain you never looked at , you only look the cards out of context as i can clearly see you don't have that much experience in elo , elo mode is all empiric and posting random comments on the boards here doesn't get you experience ,

you say you don't have time for 1400 ? but you make 1300 easy , if you are so good what is stopping you from winning 10 more straight matches , its not that time consuming when you look at it that way

also Ector and Selma are amazing , unreduced dmg from Ector coupled with his sob , means you are almost never in a disadvantage so high that he can't win a round

same goes for Selma , one of the rare cards in elo who you can pill 8-9 round 1 and still mantain a 50 50 shot

also i've made scores with Piranas on mondays higher than your elo hall of fame record , so i think i know what i am talking abou
159/215
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 25/12/2012, 21:27

Lets not get into semantics here.... no one is saying those 7/5 SOB cards are not good.... but they are not great by today's standards.

notice the difference between great or amazing VS good.

by todays standards, these cards are not great. Power creep and what you gain from winning the round is what makes them pretty average now.

7 power SOB and attack manipulation was basically a 2 pill advantage... that made them amazing in the past -- only Edd was actually overused and abused, Petra not so much.

take another card like Gibson, once a staple in Junx decks, pretty much unusable in today's ELO

bottom line ELO has changed, so as a result card tiers change, and so clan tiers change.
160/215
0 ComeAtMe - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Tuesday 25/12/2012, 21:41

I totally agree with Void. Nobody looks at the base stats anymore and saying "that cards is good" or "that card sucks", it's all about how it copes in the current meta of the game. Gaining the pill advantage and ensuring you get your big hitters in is a big part of ELO at this current moment, Ector and Selma can force you to overpill if your not careful and they can hit a fairly decent hit if you underpill/don't pill at all.

« Previous12...1516171819202122Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals