Fantasy Rivals in private beta

Wednesday 21/11/2012, 12:06
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
826 messages
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Wednesday 21/11/2012, 12:06

While working on Urban Rivals, since several months we are developing our new title : Fantasy Rivals, a trading card game taking place in a fantasy universe. You will find the game type you like again, but with new game mechanics and an original universe. To be notified when the game is available and to sign in the private Beta which is going to start in the next few days, check out this page now.

http://beta.fantasy-rivals.com/en/beta/
« Previous12...545556575859...8283Next »

561/826
0_4DPaladin - Veteran English
Friday 04/01/2013, 19:50

3 Star Lineup:

Erleen: 6/2, -2 opp. pillz min. 1 / Defeat: +2 life // Only notable becuase Welha Daa does everything she does, except for one less star. This card isn't bad, its just that Welha Daa is really, really good.

Gaano: 7/2, Poison 1 min. 2 / Revenge: -8 opp. attack, min. 6 // Not extremely useable, and crippled by the fact that its bonus is revenge, meaning to be at its full round-winning potential, it needs to be played from round 2 on. Luckily revenge shouldnt be too hard to get, seeing the defensive 2*s the clan has.

Karadaan: 6/4, Attacker: -2 opp. power, min. 4 / Defender: SOB // A really unpredictable card, good base stats. Its a good card... Just not amazing. Although definately better than the other two listed above. A big downside is that this card cant have both its ability and bonus at once. A really neat thing is that just holding this card in your hand makes your opponent guess as to whether you'll use it as a blocker or an attacker.

Oween: 5/4, Confidence -3 opp power min. 4 / - 8 opp. attack min. 6 // Reminds me of a weaker Wesley, and we know how much Wesley gets played... (I'm joking, I like Wesley haha) But to all the Wesley haters: In this clan for 3 stars this is pretty much all you have. The four damage is above par on this card, and on confidence its a good mana forcer and easy to put that 4 damage on the board.
562/826
Friday 04/01/2013, 19:51

Sofreen 7/0, Damage = Damage Opp. / SOB // I don't know, this card is hard to rate. SOA makes it a waste of a turn, but he has onconditional SOB to help protect its ability and possibly to be dropped as fodder for a block. He's exremely shaky, but when he works he's a little above average. Risk vs. Reward.

Continueing the unpredictable trend, Abyss 3 stars are all over the board. Poision with a revenge bonus, Attacker ability and Defender bonus... Its hard to tell where, when, how, why (But not who ) they'll strike. Oween and Karadaan are the real stars, although not spectacular, and the rest aren't really worth using. Definately their weakest category, luckily, as I've said, thier 2*s are quite solid.
563/826
Friday 04/01/2013, 19:52

4 Star Lineup

Aanilda: 7/4, Attacker: -1 opp. Mana, min 2 / - 2 opp. mana min. 2 // Quite a straightforward card, losing 3 mana is a definate hit, coupled with a decent base stats. Can be played without the ability and still is a good card. I'd imagine it would make for a mean bluff Really good sweep card.

Er Waan: 6/5, Revenge -3 opp. power min. 4 / -3 damage min. 1 // Reminds me of a conditional Marina. Good base stats for its star count, really (You guessed it) unpredictable, being a good defender and good at getting damage through. That 5 damage is nice as well.

Kaah: 7/4, poison 1 min. 1 / -8 opp. attack, min 6// A nice early-game gapper, its just out-shined by all the other 4*s in Abyss. Good for a solid 8 gap on turn 1 with good base stats, by no means bad, but just outclassed among the clan.

Vluun: 7/0, Revenge: SOA / -5 opp. life min. 0 // SOB murders this card. Granted, not every draw will have SOB, but when it does, you'll have a 4 star turn into a card that would be disgraceful to 2 stars (I'm overexadderating, but still) this card is quite shaky, and I'd advise using the above 4*s before this one

Zeta Sook: 7/2, Revenge - 8 opp attack / -8 opp. attack, min 6 // Oh boy. The insane amount of attack manip would be really good if it wasnt paired with a measly 2 damage. Granted, this card is made for walling, and that's what it does (And quite well). But the damage is a killer. I suppose it could be made to work with the mana manip this clan has, but (...)
564/826
Friday 04/01/2013, 19:53

(...) that would be a pretty specialized deck.

Abyss 4 stars are much more straightforward, being essentially nukes with good base stats that are a bit reliant on thier bonus. Luckily SOA and SOB are much less common in FR than in UR (Seeing as bonuses are different between cards), bonus-denial wont be too much of a problem. Aanlida and Er Waan are the top cards of this category.
565/826
Friday 04/01/2013, 19:53

5 Star Lineup

Fleern: 7/3, poison 2 min. 2 / Confidence -10 attack, min 6 // Yet another unpredictable poison card, can do some nice gap if drawn turn 1. However, even if it isnt, it can still win rounds, expecially with the Uppers-esque bonus. It really needs its ability to be effective, as 7/3 for 5 stars isn't at all worth it. Quite a luck/draw dependant card.

Radoraan: 7/6, SOA / -13 opp. attack, min. 6 // Quite a solid card, good attack manip, has a good, non-conditional SOA, really good base stats... Theres really no glaring flaws with this card. Its as solid as a rock.

Sheshko: 7/5, SOB / Attacker: -2 opp. power min.6 // I dont like it as much as I like Radoraan. The power manip has a high min. of 6, leaving you at a less advantage on an 8 power card as Radoraan... Luckily SOB seems to shut down more combat abilities than SOA, maybe making him a more worthwhile than Radoraan.

Xuul Ran: 7/3, -3 opp. mana min. 3 / -20 attack min 6 // A solid 7 power, backed by scary mana manip and attack manip... This card would be godly if it didnt have 3 damage. I wouldnt use this card due to the lackluster damage.

Alachiia: 4/7, Attacker: Protection: Bonus / -5 opp. power, min. 3 // I like how they balanced this card, its only a sureshot if you play it first. Reminds me of a certain school headmaster that's gone CR . 7 damage is quite beefy, and the power manip drags 8 powers under the bus... Just be weary of attack manip. All in all, decently solid, great damage... (...)
566/826
Friday 04/01/2013, 19:54

(...) Whats not to love? Really fits as a 5 star nuke in this clan.

Overall: Again, like the 4 stars, the cards are much more straightforward, carrying huge gap (Or in Xuul Ran's case, insane mana and attack manip). With Alachiia and Radoraan, and even Fleern, this clan has a nice 5 star lineup.

All in all:

This clan reminds me of Piranas, extremely solid with some mana manip and some decent gappers, have a good lineup all around, jut a bit weak in the 3 star department. The cards that shine in this clan are 2*Welha Daa, 3* Oween, 4*Aanilda, Er Waan, 5*Radoraan and Alachiia, and just by the looks of it they seem to be a top-heavy clan with some really mean 2*s. Hopefully future releases will fix the 3* problem.
567/826
Friday 04/01/2013, 19:56

Hopefully initiates some FR related discussion, I can do some more upon request
568/826
Kin6 SiZe - Imperator - TrAitorzZz English
Friday 04/01/2013, 20:21

Hello, i registered in the early phase to get the acces code for the beta, but i cant acces to it because i have no beta key i didnt recieve any email from FR. and now when i try to register my email again it says: Invitation code with this Email address already exists. now what ?
569/826
SingerOfW - Hero - Berserk Army! Русский
Friday 04/01/2013, 20:57

Great job on the Abyss review; they are my favorite clan, and the first clan I got enough cards of to make a mono-deck.

It might be because I only use the cards I have, but I consider Sooko, Oween and Er Waan to be my MVPs. They are especially good when you have them on your hand, where your opponent can't see them. Hiding such conditional cards is a great idea to make your opponent guessing: when they guess wrong, these cards are very difficult to outpill. I wish my deck had a bit more stars (currently using 23/2, but the one-two-three combo of bluffing Welha Daa/Estriide, striking back with Er Waan and finishing them off with Oween is usually enough to beat pretty much anyone.

This is the deck in question, by the way. I almost got myself a decent Draken deck (it's going to have 27/28 stars), but I might actually keep playing with this one.

Estriide
Sooko
Welha Daa
Karadaan
Gaano
Oween
Kaah
Er Waan
570/826
OC-Vanity - Veteran - Open Casket English
Friday 04/01/2013, 21:58

Just because you are registered does not entitle you to a code

« Previous12...545556575859...8283Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals