While working on Urban Rivals, since several months we are developing our new title : Fantasy Rivals, a trading card game taking place in a fantasy universe. You will find the game type you like again, but with new game mechanics and an original universe. To be notified when the game is available and to sign in the private Beta which is going to start in the next few days, check out this page now.
Any date for release yet?I wish I got beta access but oh well we all can't be winners.
Think about it.
"The closed beta should start on the beginning of december...If everything goes well, we hope to officially release the game in open beta (with the shop, etc… but without doing advertising actively for the game) by the beginning of january."
closed beta came out mid-late december so the open beta should be out in the next 2-4 weeks if all goes well.
of course i could be completley wrong. but i'm not perfect
So did anyone get any codes over the past week?
BOOM!!! just got a Tokal in Fantasy Rivals ULTRA-RARE BABY!!!!
Sadly never got a code, and sadly will probably not invest in FR
My girlfriend has extreme luck in drawing packs...
Yastar Shumak, Olfen Dur, Tokal and Merweiss Debertolis
Large FR update announcement. (Though it is still a beta so everything can change still).
Just to let you know we are going to remove the ELO gamemode in Fantasy Rivals relatively soon.
It will be replaced by a tiered league system, similar to what you have in StarCraft 2.
It's actually quite funny because, we've been planning and investigating this new feature for months, and just when I was about to tell you all, the guys from League Of Legends announced their own switch to the same kind of system, based on exactly the same reasoning as us
For thoses who never played in a league based game, here is (basically) how that works:
• There are many tiers from bronze, silver… up to masters and pros (names are just example).
• Each tiers is divided in several pool of players (100 in SC2) called “divisions”. Except the top tier wich will be limited to the best X players of Fantasy Rivals (no divisions).
• Based on your skill, you are ranked in a tier, and then “randomly” placed in a division.
• Your games wins/losses will earn you points in your division, giving you a short-term goal to climb in your division. (note: you'll not be limited to play against players from your division, you might even play higher tier players if your are getting good in your tier)
• When your skill rating goes higher that you current tier, you get promoted, for example: bronze to silver, and placed in a new division, giving you a long term: climb tiers up to the highest level.
• You can also be demoted to a lower division if you rating goes down too much.
• You'll always be able to check out the top tier ranking table any time.
• You'll be able to check out any division ranking table. Your division ranking will be your “default” ranking table, then you'll be able to checkout someone else's division easily.
• There will be no global ranking table across divisions in a tier.
• You current skill rating will be hidden (and it will be a more complicated system than the current ELO calculation, it will take in account more parameters)
We'll give out rewards regulary based on your current tier and your ranking in your division.
There will be a “season” at least every 6 months when we release a new extension (but we are also thinking about doing 2 seasons per extension to make it shorter). Each season will save the winners from the top tier, reset all the divisions scores, re-evaluate tiers rating limits and start again.
As said previously, the ranked format will allow the core set + the last 3 extensions released.
Details on all those things will be coming and most certainly tweaked during the first days
This will be THE ranked mode of fantasy and shall give you plenty of goals and fun."