Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Selling your Collector in Credits. What do you think of it ?

Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:20
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
61 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:30

We'd like to know what you think of a feature we plan to release. We haven't start working on it yet and before moving forward we thought it might be wise to told you about it and know what you think.

If you don't want to post anything on the board, you can answer this survey to tell us what you think : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/surveycr/

Our idea is to allow you to sell you Collector characters in credits as well as in Clintz. Kate would still take a small share of the price and you would always have the choice to sell in Clintz of Credits.

Our main goal with this feature is to bring more Cr (especially the big ones) out of their owner collection and to make it easier (and maybe cheaper) to get them. Today, only a few player can gather the millions of Clintz needed for the most expensive Cr and the process of getting this millions of clintz is expensive and tedious. We thought that if we allowed the sell of Cr in credit, owner would have an immediate interest in selling their doubles, as it would give them credits to spend on new blood and such, and for the buyer it's much more convenient.

It might even help us limit the sale of Collectors on ebay and such, it would be nice (as those often ends up badly) but that's not the main goal.

That's the idea, now tell us what you think of it.

edited by Dr.Ido Wednesday 05/12/2012, 17:30
« Previous1234567Next »

11/61
Haruka-WMd - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 19:42

Sounds like a good idea. Not such a high barrier to entry for players who want CRs.
12/61
Kee_Wee - Master English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 20:24

I think it's a brilliant idea, definitely useful for a player like me who doesn't really have a constant inflow of clintz available to buy Cr's.
13/61
mihalll7_UM - Event team - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 20:28

Will there be a separate market for such deal?
please, enable player to put a crd on sale for both clintz OR credits at the same time, or it may result in raising the prices of medium range CR
14/61
XC Manfred 32 - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 20:37

Could you give us an estimate of what you're willing to exchange Vickie Cr (for example) for credits so I can see what kind of lines you're on?

Regardless I think this is a bad idea
15/61
Sicba - Imperator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 20:47

I like the idea, of course it will depend on players how much cards will cost, but it should be easier to get CRs.
16/61
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 20:48

One thing I don't understand
who is in the right mind would sell their expensive Cr for credits?

except they get like 1000-2000 credits for their 200K worth cr (for example caelus or Jackie Cr right now) then no one will gonna sell them

why 1000 credits? because: 1 classic or new blood = 20 credits
1000 : 20 = 50 packs. some pack could go lower or higher than it should be but let's put it as 4K per pack = 200K (expecting 4K per pack is huge, but sometimes you are lucky and hit the jackpot which also helps)

and, so, does anyone willingly to buy a Jackie Cr for 1000 credits? try and ask them. just an advice though. sometimes a survey like this is not reliable enough

imagine for a Dj korr..what? 80K credits? lol..
17/61
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 21:04

I think its a cool idea and I'd be interested, personally

However, I fail to see WHY someone who actually has Cr cards as doubles, sell them as credits instead of Clintz. Surely it would make little difference to THEM personally, or am I missing something?

Obviously, if there's more profit for the collector to sell them as credits, rather than clintz, then they're going to do so, but even if that's the case, how will this change their 'price'? Surely, a similar kind of investment will still be required if one is to purchase the more expensive Cr cards, just changing the form of currency they're purchased in, doesn't change how much they're 'worth'.

Why would a large Collector even need new credits in the first place? If credits' only real point (at the moment) is to buy more cards, and you can already do that with Clintz, there ain't much point on 'risking' that 'currency' on brand new Packs, unless there were good odds in doing so.

This won't stop people selling their cards outside of Urban Rivals either, in any way, not unless Credits themselves have actual resale value.

I was writing this and thinking why would UR Staff even do this in the first place... and then... BAM it hits me. Kate gets another 5% but this time, in credits. A nice, new, clever. tax...

If you can offer other worthwhile 'product(s)' to buy credits with, though, this would change everything. Maybe you could 'mirror' credits between Urban Rivals and Fantasy Rivals?
18/61
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 21:04

So it's basically like using your Credits as a currency. But thing is Dr Ido if people catch on to 1 Credit being like 5k worth in money It'll make things like being in the Top Third of a tourney worth it even more. I personally think that Clintz will either get over valued or credits undervalued. It does sounds like a good idea though, but people would catch on to how much Credz are worth in Clintz which could be disastrous
19/61
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint Staff English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 21:11

Post 14 : We won't be the one selling the Collector. We'll just add the option to sell in credits OR Clintz in the sell menu. All the Collector sold on the market, in credit or in Clintz will be player own. We think that if we were to start selling new Collector in the shop or elsewhere we would kill the very thing that makes them Collector.
20/61
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Wednesday 05/12/2012, 21:26

"Help UR economy" is wrong argument. 98% of UR economy is not related to CR's at any degree. UR economy revolves around average people's ability to create credits and buy packs for cards/profits and the unbalance of NB packs vs. other packs.

Devaluement of CR's will not help a single bit - it actually could end up being worse for the economy... because people who now make money on CR's would bail them, making them accessible - but then the investments and speculations would concern more normal card by the normal "supply-demand" schemes. Result could be that any decent card would go up - and to normal people it makes no difference if Dj Korr costs 12M or 2M - its still beyond their scope.

My greatest fear is situation where about 1/4th of cards are extremely expensive and rest of the cards are very cheap. Currently the ramp from cheap to expensive is pretty smooth and the prices reflect pretty good cards play value, but given push this could change because every above-average card is maximally exploited.

As long as people speculate and push their money to CR's they feed the system, because if they own a card they paid somebody for it. That means CR's return money to circulation. CR's are premium stuff, but while people hold them in value they are less likely to mess with the average joe's cards.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals