Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Collector auction. What do you think of it ?

Friday 07/12/2012, 14:18
Dr.Ido - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
113 messages
Dr.Ido - Legend - Clint StaffEnglish - Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49

We have a simple idea that we hope you'll like. Before moving forward on it, we'd like to know what you think.

Nowadays, we give away Collectors through the DT and the ELO tournament. We'd like to put 5 collector on the auction everyday, with a price starting at 1 clintz and no reserve price.

This way, the price of the Cr (especially of the top 5) would be set by the buyers instead of the sellers.
The number of Collector released in the economy would still be modest (half of what we release through the DT), so the impact on the economy would probably be modest at first.

Hopefully, after a few weeks (months ?) that the prices of the most expensive Cr would start to self regulate and reach more reasonable levels.

So that's the idea. Tell us what you think, either by posting in the board and/or by answering the survey here : http://www.urban-rivals.com/to/auctioncr/

edited by Goralion Monday 10/12/2012, 15:49
« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

41/113
MaddAddams - Legend - Elephant Riders English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 07:31

I don't see this having any noticeable impact on the value of anything. They'll be bought up by the super-rich for hoarding, or occasionally purchased by a random who sunk a bunch of real money into clintz (hey, UR got to get paid). I'd rather some thought be given on how to make the prices more accessible on some of the rares that are obviously being manipulated by speculators. It makes sense for some of the older, more broken cards that are biding time until they go Cr, like Charlie. But come on, X-0DUS and Numar aren't that good.

I think immediately making all completely battle-unworthy cards go Cr would be beneficial. It's important to have some mediocre cards like Negodz or Thomson. They help new players fill out a clan enough to start playing. But useless ones, especially in the old school low power, high damage vein, are detrimental to the game. Examples of such cards are Oryon, Ninja Nyne, and all of the 4/4's for 3 stars. They minimize the circulation of better cards and make new players feel awful when they realize they can't ever ever win with the cards they've opened.
42/113
Mr Intelijent - Guru - D-Versified English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 07:34

'EARNING IT takes far too long'

That's rich coming form a Senior who has been playing barely 1.5 years. That's the problem all these newer players just want everything given to them. Earn it like everyone else, you aren't special, you shouldn't get a special treatment.
43/113
Zero-Alucard - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 08:35

Instead of 5 per day, how about 1 per day then? That's reasonable. I agree with 4DPaladin, earning takes a ridiculously long time. And doesn't help that the rich hoard and sell the cards too. If people didn't complain (well, at least to my knowledge) about 5 tournament Cr's daily, they shouldn't really complain about an extra 5 (or even less) from a lottery. Help the average player out, not the rich (this coming from someone who has quite a large collection as is )

If not that, bring back the Cr lottery,
44/113
CK-Shawn - Colossus - <=Chaos-Knights=> English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 08:55

Some of the players need to realize that it is hard to get the cards they want and wish they can get there but everyone wants it to be easier
you see the world either on urban rivals or real life is not easy, you will have to claw your way up just to where you want to be but for those who want to get stuff handed to them will not be successful than those who work hard to get what they want
every player in this game since i started playing 3 YEARS AGO, had to grind for huge amounts of clintz to get one of the biggest prizes in the game known as the collectors it is not as easy as working to get lds, getting non-Crs from packs or get characters in the market
players had to fight, sell, complete missions or complete the single player mode (anything else?)
it will not be easy for anyone so for those who are complaining that earning takes far too long, stop acting like babies and play the game you are not get anywhere in life if you are not going to do nothing
even though it is a possible idea why not think about allowing players to worry about other stuff other than the collectors they are hard to get for a reason
45/113
Mister Ry - Hero - † OVER KILL † English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 10:48

For me, it's a great idea. New players won't be even to win the auctions, where will they get the money ? So they still have do earn stuff, Right ?
46/113
Hobbitusz - Titan - Open Casket English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 12:06

My first thought was that it sounds cool, it makes it easier to increase our value, and make cards that we have always wanted, but could never really afford, available.

My second thoughts were along how it will affect the clint system: this will likely to increase the temptation of keeping our value in cash and not in cards. And this is a drastic change from the current economy, unless we will be allowed to put up cards at the auction. And I have no doubt about that richer guys will be able to pay more for the cards, so they will get at least the majority of the first auctions of playable collectors. And I have no idea weather smaller players will get a part of them at all.

After reading the posts I liked Waster's idea of limiting the no of copies one can have. Maybe it can be differenciated by rarity as well. Eg.: 100 if rare or cr, 200 if uncommon, and 500 if common from the same card per account.
With the auction system this can change the corrent economy that I would fancy more
47/113
0_AAR - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 12:11

The worst idea I have ever seen.

some people have been working day and night to get those big 5s, and you guys want to make this all worthless ? ofcourse this'd be likely to say if I were one of them, but I am not, I don't have any big 5 characters..... and my goal is to get one or more of them, this is absolutely no fun if it is too easy. my goal would be destroyed !

if you do this staff, you ruin the game.

you hear all those new players say, do it, but they have no idea what they are saying.....
48/113
BZ SPiKeX - Legend English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 14:51

I like it. The only players that it will negatively impact are the super rich players. It gives me another chance to get General so I support it for sure.
49/113
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 16:34

Lets make mental play and assume all current big CR's would be free to obtain, but their number is limited (it actually is - those big CR's originate from time when UR had much smaller playerbase.)

By what system would you spread those CR's? Who really deserves them? - You'd be giving one to about 1 out of 20 players - who would deserve those cards and why?

Its not suprising that you would end up giving them roughly to same people who got them already. Basing on playing skills and time/effort spent for this game. Part would go with lottery style so everyone would have a chance.

But hey. Thats what is done now. ELO dishes CR's to good players as does events and the DT is a lottery to people with enough skills (not much since even I can score to top 150...).

So, where is the problem?

I still cannot afford any big 5, but during my 4 years in this game I have developed the relevant skills to get there eventually. Its the ultimate challenge and I dont want it to be downtuned a single bit.
50/113
Cyber - Event team - Open Casket English
Saturday 08/12/2012, 16:38

I concur and absolutely agree with Mr Intelijent. Waster also brings out several good points.

« Previous12345678910...1112Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals